Upcoming Indian Vinyl LP Record Releases

Bombay sounds very nice in my system. I don’t have a digital set up. So can’t compare with CD. If I remember the digital sound, it was thinner sounding

I have had many people sending me PMs, asking me about sound quality of vinyls of new films. IME, for films released post 2000, they have all been good to excellent. And in almost all cases they are better sounding than the CD counterpart. Exception is Lagaan where I prefer the original Austrian Press CD.

For films released between 1990 and 2000, it’s a bit of hit and miss. Baazigar, Hum Aapke Hain Kaun, Raja Hindustani, etc all sound better on first press CD.

I do not recommend buying of new LPs of films which were released pre 1990s. There are 3 exceptions to this where the new release is clearly better than the original. These are Sajda, Dil Padosi Hai and Jo Jeeta Wohi Sikandar.

Coming specifically back to Bombay, the vinyl goes deeper than the CD. So it’s very important that your turntable be able to play bass at least in the 30s. Most vintage turntables i have heard roll off in the 40s. If that’s the case, then Bombay will not sound good

Last edited:
I haven’t seen Bombay being offered at a discount anywhere. So buy it from wherever you are comfortable with

I wish to purchase the Maachis LP, anyone has a spare copy for sale? or any idea where I can buy it from.

Recently I have purchased a reissue vinyl edition of film " Deewana". Since the first copy had some defects, a fresh one has been sent to me. I observe some common defects in both the lps. Bass is not uniform across all the songs. Although a new record, it skips in some songs.A thorough cleaning skipping has been minimised. Since I have checked with different carts it seems that it may be a pressing issue or handling & packing issue at manufacturing point. Pl share if any one has purchased the reissue vinyl of Deewana.

All though I don't own a TT I enjoy listening to LPs whenever I visit friends owning one
Heard the recently COLONIAL COUSINS live LP and I must say it was a very good experience
First of all the music was very good and the sound of the LP complimented it well
Even the cover is made to high standardsIMG-20190511-WA0015.jpg

Hello Friends,

Thought to create a dedicated thread for the latest release/Upcoming Vinyl LP Record information.

Just received an email from NGH Delhi, T-Series is going to release some titles on Vinyl.

1. Aashiqui-2 (180 Grams) - Rs. 1499/-
  2. Aashiqui (2 LP Set) (180 Grams) - Rs. 2999/-
  3. Hum Dil De Chuke Sanam (180 Grams) - Rs. 1499/-
  4. Qayamat Se Qayamat Tak (180 Grams) - Rs. 1499/-
  5. Salman Khan Hits (Picture Disc) (140 Grams) - Rs. 1999/-
  6. R.D. Burman Hits (180 Grams) - Rs. 1499/-

Aashiqui 2 (This is in demand and may get good sale

Aashiqui I am not very much excited as possibility is old titles would be pressed from digital source (we all know about Aashiqui CD recording)

Hum Dil De Chuke Sanam This is good, should be decently pressed. I hope they release it with Gate-Fold Cover with some nice huge artwork.

Qayamat Se Qayamat Tak Its old LP pressing is good. CD is decent as well, so I am expecting a good LP here.

Salman Khan Hits (T-Series got the rights of Pyar Kiya To Darna Kya, Mujhse Shadi Karogi, Lucky, Har Dil Jo Pyar Karega, Baghban, Bodyguard, Dus, Garv, Hum Dil De Chuke Sanam, Hum Tumhare Hain Sanam, Jai Ho, Yuvraaj, Wanted, Tere Naam, Ready, Partner, Kick, Dabangg, Dabangg 2, Hero etc.) Releasing on Picture Disc AGAIN is good start for Indian Industry. They should try this with Aashiqui (1990) and source from Analog source from scratch.

R.D. Burman Hits (There are many movies on T-Series) Some common famous songs are

Aaja Meri Jaan_Title Song
Alag Alag_Dil Mein Aag Lagaye
Alag Alag_Kabhi Bekasi Ne Mara

Aag Se Khelenge_Tere Naina
Anokha Rishta_Aaj Ka Din
Anokha Rishta_Tune Ye Jana
Dacait_Kis Kaaran Naiya Doli
Inaam Dus Hazaar_Jaane Bhi Do Yaar
Inaam Dus Hazaar_Chand Koi Hoga Tumsa Kahan

Namumkin_Bahut Door Hoke
Oonche Log_Aaj Tu Gair Sahi
Oonche Log_Dil Kya Chahe
Oonche Log_Tera Ghar Teri Galiyan

Tadap_Jise Pyar Zamana Kehta Hai
Tadap_Tadap Jeene Nahin Deti
Zabardast_Suno Sitamgar
Zabardast_Jab Chaha Yaara Tune

Zalzala_Are Chaakoo Chale :lol:

View attachment 22743
new lp not good - old is gold

Is Dil Hai Ki Manta Nahin released on LP?
I find it's music to be very good unlike other songs of that era (no offense to anyone, just my personal opinion)

It will be a very good album to have on vinyl

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back