Upgrade suggestion from Pioneer vsx 319

kmathan88

Hello All,

I using Pioneer vsx 319 receiver bundled with S-RS3TB 5.1 speakers (todoroki series) for the past 6 years. Now, I am planning to upgrade with limited budget, so starting with AV receiver. 30k to 40k now.

Pioneer VSX-330
Pioneer VSX-531 (unless it has a justifiable advantage)
Yamaha 3067
DENON AVR-X520BT

Not interested in 4K, DTS X, ATMOS, Bluetooth, Wifi. Ok to go for older models if it is good and VFM. I will be using existing speakers for at least a year or more.

Right now Movie source is from HTPC with Asus Xonar DG. Once the receiver is upgraded I can use HDMI from Nvidia gt440 for both Video / Audio

Usage is 80% for movies and 20% for music.
Music is mostly using Chromecast audio (3.5mm jack)
Other media sources: Chromecast v1, LG blu ray, Videocon D2H, planning for Amazon fire stick.

Living room is 16x12, opens up to dining and kitchen.
TV: Samsung Plasma 43'

Yet to audition any of the systems. Please advice.

Thanks in advance.

Not to mention, I always wanted to have 7.1 setup with front height speaker. Will there be noticeable improvement in experience ?

Pioneer VSX-832 can be used in 3.1.2 I believe.
Denon AVR-1xxx 5.1.2

Is there any budget receiver with 5.2.2 support (mainly for front height setup) ? Are I should wait and up my budget a little ?

Last edited:
Now, I am planning to upgrade with limited budget, so starting with AV receiver. 30k to 40k now.

Living room is 16x12, opens up to dining and kitchen.

Usage is 80% for movies and 20% for music.

Not interested in 4K, DTS X, ATMOS, Bluetooth, Wifi. Ok to go for older models if it is good and VFM. I will be using existing speakers for at least a year or more.

Not to mention, I always wanted to have 7.1 setup with front height speaker. Will there be noticeable improvement in experience ?

Yes..You should go for 7.1 (Front heights)..I have been using front heights Pre-Atmos with Dts Neo X and Dolby PL IIz & now with native Atmos support for Dts X.. Front heights will enhance the movie experience..

Both Dolby Atmos & Dts X support front heights.. Since your budget is almost near a entry level 7.1 AVR, you should try scouting for them.. Good chances you might end up with one..

Right now Movie source is from HTPC with Asus Xonar DG. Once the receiver is upgraded I can use HDMI from Nvidia gt440 for both Video / Audio

Music is mostly using Chromecast audio (3.5mm jack)
Other media sources: Chromecast v1, LG blu ray, Videocon D2H, planning for Amazon fire stick.

Given the multiple sources, guess you may need atleast 5 inputs..

Pioneer VSX-832 can be used in 3.1.2 I believe.

yes..Juz checked..Interesting one..

Denon AVR-1xxx 5.1.2
Yes

Is there any budget receiver with 5.2.2 support (mainly for front height setup) ?

Allmost all 5.2.2 AVR have the provision of adding Surroundback/Front height/Ceiling speakers.. User assignable..

Are I should wait and up my budget a little ?

Pioneer VSX 1131/932, Denon X1300, Yamaha Rx V 581, Marantz SR 5011 are some models to consider..

Since the new series have been announced from Pioneer, Denon & Yamaha.. you should be able to get the outgoing models at discounted price..

Checked in DNI, Bangalore.
They don't seem to handle Pioneer anymore.

Yamaha HTR3067 - 29000
Yamaha RXV 483 - 46990
Yamaha RXV 583 - 54990 (7.2)
Yamaha RXV 683 - 67990 (7.2)

Looking at other options to get from US as well. With ~500$, lot more I can get. Only worry is about warranty, quality step down transformer.

Hi

Possibly the RX V483 would be ideal for you...audition before purchase...

If you can get your hands on Marantz....go for NR1606 or NR1605 or NR1604....older models will be cheaper...

Denon X1200 or x1100....check....

There are many dealers in Bengaluru, please check....if budget is limited....perhaps the For Sale by owner or OLX or Hifi Ads will help...you can get something cheaper and experiment for a while....all the best

Since you are not looking for Atmos or 7.2, rx-v483 is good choice.
You will be paying extra for 583 for additional 2 channels and atmos features.
Power specification for 583 and 483 is same.

Also the listed price looks to be MRP and you should ask for discount.

Found a deal for Marantz 1504, its a demo unit. Comes around 33K. Is it better compared to new Pioneer 541 ? I will stick to 5.1 setup. Probably I will upgrade to taga speakers in step.

Please suggest.

Found a deal for Marantz 1504, its a demo unit. Comes around 33K. Is it better compared to new Pioneer 541 ? I will stick to 5.1 setup. Probably I will upgrade to taga speakers in step.

Please suggest.

Check OLX in your city, with brand names as key words.. For Taga you can consider hifimart.com

Please suggest.
I use a Marantz 1504 and it's a fantastic little receiver for 5.1. However, I have seen how receivers are used and abused in reliance digital. If you are picking from there then make sure you get in writing that manufacturer warranty holds.

I guess you are in Bangalore, if yes, you are welcome to come over and listen to the 1504 in my home setup.

MaSh

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

Thanks Everyone for the inputs so far.

I am planning to postpone my purchase, till I can afford a minimum 7.2 receiver with all bells and whistles. I don't want to jump the gun on this.

For now, I bought a Amazon Fire TV stick. Really enjoying it. May be I will plan for Google Home or Alexa next.

I use a Marantz 1504 and it's a fantastic little receiver for 5.1. However, I have seen how receivers are used and abused in reliance digital. If you are picking from there then make sure you get in writing that manufacturer warranty holds.

I guess you are in Bangalore, if yes, you are welcome to come over and listen to the 1504 in my home setup.

MaSh

Yes, the offer was from RD, Koramangala, Bangalore. Infact my Pioneer VSX 319-k was a demo unit.

Yes, the offer was from RD, Koramangala, Bangalore. Infact my Pioneer VSX 319-k was a demo unit.
Yes nothing against demo units. It's just how they are mishandled. If the receiver is working fine and you are getting warranty, you can go ahead with it. Are they offering exchange too for your pioneer?

MaSh

Yes nothing against demo units. It's just how they are mishandled. If the receiver is working fine and you are getting warranty, you can go ahead with it. Are they offering exchange too for your pioneer?

MaSh

No they don't have exchange offer. But promised on the warranty. Mostly they will try to fix the issue with their own people. If they really can't handle then they will approach the manufacturer I believe. They also provide extended warranty on top of product price.

Superb AVR. Only reason to sell, I upgrade electronics with new release. Got 7011.
Before it'd have sunk in, Marantz released 7012 & 8012. Damn! should have waited a lil :D

Finally bought Denon X1400H today. Other than Denon, I had three models in mind Yamaha 583, Pioneer LSX302, Pioneer 932. I have used Pioneer and Yamaha, after demo(Denon 7200) I liked Denon.

Very happy with the result. Planning to buy a pair of satelite speaker for ATMOS / Height. Saw used Focal Dome and Bird, seems to be good option. But will try more option.

Thanks everyone for the suggestions.

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back