Upgrade to 5.1 HT - within 2.5 lakhs

Guys I am in Blr for just a day. Can you please tell me where I can find Nad, Anthem, Arcam, Emotiva in Blr. Thanks

Guys I am in Blr for just a day. Can you please tell me where I can find Nad, Anthem, Arcam, Emotiva in Blr. Thanks

ARN System's website talks about Anthem, NAD, Marantz and Denon. You might also experience some real high end suff here.

Absolute Phase also deals with Anthem IIRC

Cinebels for Marants (Multiple outlets). They also deal with Paradigm speakers - another brand you should put on your list

htstores.in also deals with multiple brands including Anthem

Which part of Bangalore would you be in? Will try and suggest some places in the vicinity...

For NAD, Music Ranch is the only authorized dealer in Bangalore. He also sells PSB, Tannoy, etc and also Anthem receivers.
Mr. Mukesh,
Music Ranch,
No.10/125, 1ST Floor, Next To BATA Showroom, 9TH Main Road, Jayanagar 3RD Block, Bangalore - 560011.
Email: [email protected]

[NOTE: Generally you won't find ready stock for NAD AV receivers. You need to place an order at Music Ranch and it may take 3 to 4 days for delivery. If you are lucky, you might get a ready stock]

For Arcam, Absolute Phase is the dealer.
PRITHVIRAJ M. VEDPATHAK. (Founder & CEO)
ABSOLUTE PHASE.
PRITHVI VILLA,
# 48 CUBBON ROAD,
BANGALORE 560 001.
INDIA.
TELFAX: +91-80-25327496.
CELL: +91-98440-94669.
E-MAIL: [email protected]

Having said that, you might find dealers at Hyderbad as well. You can contact the Indian distributors listed in NAD/Arcam/Anthem websites and they will guide you to the right dealers in your city.

Guys, thanks a ton for the useful store names and contact details. I am in Jayanagar, and have dedicated the whole of Friday for audio. I will schedule my visits accordingly!!

you demoed NAD with probably the best speakers out of three. Other AVRs may have sounded better if they were paired with better speakers.

I am not sure about anthem/ yamaha demo/ service in India. I called the yamaha showroom as at one point I was thinking of moving from my NAD to latest and TOTL yamaha 3020. But no demo was available. I was advised by the seller to buy blind.
For NAD, I am sure local service and demos are available. At least in Delhi NCR.

Thank you ANM. Can you please share your thoughts about placing speakers right next to the side walls (I can move them away from the rear wall), I am leaning towards the FS speakers, and your suggestion will greatly help me decide for or against them.

Unfortunately its built into the room, along with the paneling behind the TV. Impossible to replace now: my mistake for having got such a big cabinet made in the HT room, without researching speaker placements first.

Anyhow... I did some searching on the subject and found some useful tips and most useful was this article: Speaker Placement Guide

Thanks again guys for the store details, :signthankspin: I was able to audition speakers such as PSB, Tannoy, Monitor, Definitive, Paradigm, Focal & Triangle. I think I will be going with the Tannoy DC6T SE or the PSB Image T6.

I'm torn between these two awesome speakers: the Tannoy DC6T (minus SE) has an incredibly sweet and engulfing sound but lacks lower bass, the PSB sounds great and has very good balanced bass but does not match the refined quality of the Tannoy. I guess I'll toss a coin :p

But no NAD or Arcam or Anthem AVRs anywhere for demo in Blr. I guess I may go in for the NAD T757; although I've not heard it, I'm hoping I can expect the performance of the NAD 777 which I thought was great. I've been quoted Rs 1.15L for Nad t757 - any thoughts on the price?

Thanks!!

Honestly, too pricey, if you ask me.

Why not consider this:
Marantz MM7055N1B 5 Channel Power Amplifier - Buy Online @ Rs.64999/- | Snapdeal.com

Seems to be a good offer. 5 channel power amp, 140W each channel. Ofcourse, need to be careful about online purchase.

And then you get Emotiva UMC-200 for about 55k (duty paid import, through ishop). It does not have airplay or DLNA though.

Both together make a great combination according to me, for good performance.

Thanks Santy,

Looks like a good find. Do you believe the SQ will be better if I use the Emotiva pre-pro with the Marantz Power Amp compared to the NAD T757? Or is it a risk to buy something without auditioning it? I am looking for SQ and don't need SPL.

I am hoping that by using the NAD I will get great SQ and do away with a separate stereo setup. I saw this Review that said the NAD T757 is as good as the NAD Stereo amps for music, so I'm hopeful.

I have finalized on Tannoy speakers (dc6t se towers and dc4 lcr center) and a SVS Sub (pb1000) and I will be paying tomorrow. I was also planning to pay for the NAD receiver tomorrow.

As a side note, now things are even more expensive... all prices: Tannoy, Nad, PSB, Denon, SVS and pretty much every brand has been repriced due to the falling rupee. Everything is today about 20% costlier compared to last week. So what I was hoping to achieve with Rs 2.5 Lakhs will now really be Rs 3.0 Lakhs+ :annoyed:

Acuity

I have not heard the NAD 757 so it will be unfair to comment on its performance. If you have heard and if you are impressed, there is no reason why should not consider it. I always believe that beyond a certain budget, separates is the way to go.

Yesterday I was comparing the stereo sound quality of Emotiva pre and Caiman Gatorized using CA 640C as a transport. The Emo was very close to the external DAC and better than the CA's analog output (I dare to say) which means the DAC implementation of Emo is very good (for all 7.1 channels). The marantz power amp is based on current feedback circuit and has got lot of power under its hood. More power in Marantz means more headroom, better handling of soft to loud dynamics, lower distortion, bigger soundstage and better clarity at low volumes. This Marantz will help to get the best out of any speakers you pair them with.

As said earlier, one big advantage of pre-power combo is upgradability. I am sure that if ever you want to upgrade the AVR you are buying now, you will probably looking at pre-power rather than a better AVR. So why not look at pre-power now, when the cost difference is just 10k, is my question. If you are looking for convenience and versatility, AVR is the way to go. If you are looking at power, performance and upgradability, separates is the recommendation. Imagine, two clean, separate power supplies for pre and power section. That is always welcomed in the hi fi world. If you are in a hurry, pay for NAD and settle down. If you want better bang for buck, don't mind waiting, ready to take some minimum warranty risk, go for separates.

Hi Santy,

That was a good explanation for me, and you do make a strong case for going for separates. I will surely weigh this option also (Emo+Marantz).

You are right in that my next upgrade will revolve around separates, and I may have to keep that in mind too!

Thanks.

Thanks Santy,

I have finalized on Tannoy speakers (dc6t se towers and dc4 lcr center) and a SVS Sub (pb1000) and I will be paying tomorrow. I was also planning to pay for the NAD receiver tomorrow.

As a side note, now things are even more expensive... all prices: Tannoy, Nad, PSB, Denon, SVS and pretty much every brand has been repriced due to the falling rupee. Everything is today about 20% costlier compared to last week. So what I was hoping to achieve with Rs 2.5 Lakhs will now really be Rs 3.0 Lakhs+ :annoyed:

What I heard is that SVS (PB1000, PB12-NSD and PC12-NSD) subwoofers are out of stock at the distributor's end (Audire Technologies, Coimbatore). It looks like it may take a month to get the stocks :eek: . I guess Home cinema is the SVS dealer at Hyderabad (he gets the stocks from Audire Tech). I guess PB1000 should be costing around 55k. Does the dealer have PB1000 stock and what is the price quoted ?

I would suggest to go for PB12 instead of PB1000.
I think the price wise it is about 20% more but it is fully justified by its capability. PB12 goes deeper and louder than PB1000 and uses better amplifier components.

Yes Audire has no stock and the new pieces may be priced higher. But it should be somewhere close to PB12: 58k and PB1000: 48k

Someone gave me reference to www.harmonieaudio.com? for SVS Sub. Not sure if they will have stock.

I would suggest to go for PB12 instead of PB1000.
I think the price wise it is about 20% more but it is fully justified by its capability. PB12 goes deeper and louder than PB1000 and uses better amplifier components.

Yes Audire has no stock and the new pieces may be priced higher. But it should be somewhere close to PB12: 58k and PB1000: 48k

Someone gave me reference to www.harmonieaudio.com? for SVS Sub. Not sure if they will have stock.

PB12-NSD has been rated for bigger rooms (of size between 3000 cubic feet to 5000 cubic feet). So in that case, do you still recommend PB12-NSD for rooms much smaller than this (for example - 2000 cubic feet) ? .. Also the price of PB1000 is around 55k and so PB12 should be above or around 65k ... The price you quoted might be for the sealed versions ... People who have recently purchased SVS sub can confirm on this ...

By the way, I couldn't find harmonieaudio being listed (as dealers) in audire tech website ..

Last edited:
Since my room is small (12'x18'), and my listening volumes are low would I need a bigger Sub? My first priority is SQ, and second is I would like them small-ish. Do you think the B&W asw610 or the B&W asw608 (10" or 8" sealed subs for Rs 70k and Rs 51k) are comparable, and should I consider them?

For svs pb1000 they are indeed out of stock, I was quoted Rs 67k for the pb1000. The dealer said 67k was the old MRP, and prices will go up, so he will give them for 67k if I book now. Its about 58k through ishopinternational and I may have to bear the shipping and warranty risks!!

But if it could be got for 48k earlier, maybe I'm better off waiting for the stocks with new pricing to arrive.

Since my room is small (12'x18'), and my listening volumes are low would I need a bigger Sub? My first priority is SQ, and second is I would like them small-ish. Do you think the B&W asw610 or the B&W asw608 (10" or 8" sealed subs for Rs 70k and Rs 51k) are comparable, and should I consider them?

For svs pb1000 they are indeed out of stock, I was quoted Rs 67k for the pb1000. The dealer said 67k was the old MRP, and prices will go up, so he will give them for 67k if I book now. Its about 58k through ishopinternational and I may have to bear the shipping and warranty risks!!

But if it could be got for 48k earlier, maybe I'm better off waiting for the stocks with new pricing to arrive.

I think 67k for PB1000 is too expensive ... I guess the dealer is charging beyond the norm. Probably PB12 should be around 67k.
SVS also has sealed subs (SB1000 and SB12-NSD) and they will be lot cheaper then the ported versions. I don't know about B&W subwoofers, but I think SVS is the brand to go ..

The rates were received from Audire in a pdf (it says Price List 2013). I think taxes are extra. And also it is likely to increase due to weak rupee value.

There is one sealed B&W sub on sale. You may want to check it out. Its good for music but for 12x18, an 8" sealed sub will not be able to do justice for movies.

Hi

I just stumbled on this thread, pity I didnt see it before Aug 21.

No question separates are the way to go. I use a Marantz AV 7005 mated to a homebrew 5 channel Class D power amp using Hypex UcD modules. i had Emotivas( LMC, then UMC) earlier but the 7005 is a significant upgrade.

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back