Upgrade with cd player

hseplak

Hi,
I want to upgrade my system with a new cd player, i have a sony dav dz 270 for source which i find not up to mark when i hook it up with norge 2060 and wharfedale 10.2s.I have marantz mcr603 in mind as it will be good for internet radio also, but will it gel with above system or i look for another player?also do i have to/can connect wharfs directly mcr 603 or route through 2060?
Thanks.

Should spend on a DAC if DZ270 has Optical/Coaxial Out.

If CD playback can be replaced with FLAC playback, get a Logitech Squeezebox Touch for less than what you will pay for CR603 and it will go longer with you.

Thanks for the reply, Sorry no Optical/Coaxial Out for my system:sad: and i want to also listen to internet radio.

Unless you have a lot of CDs consider converting an old PC/laptop and get an external DAC. Its gives you a lot more options in terms of connecting multiple devices too and will fit in when you upgrade other components of your set up.

will it gel with my system, dav dz270 for source,norge 2060-amp and wharfedale 10.2s speakers?
thanks.

It will gel but it will end up costing a lot more than your entire setup... and its only a DAC + Network Player. Not sure I would spend that kind of money for what it does.

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back