Upgrading from 3.1 to 5.1.2

abhisheksingh

My current 3.1 setup
QLED 75" Denon X1700H Qacoustics Concept 20 LR QA Concept 20 C SVS SB 1000 Pro Sub

Room Size 12'x14'

Want to upgrade now to Side surrounds and Atmos. Please suggest options.
1. Mono or Bipole for surrounds. Can go cheap here or should buy quality
2. Ceiling Atmos or upfiring speakers?

My current 3.1 setup
QLED 75" Denon X1700H Qacoustics Concept 20 LR QA Concept 20 C SVS SB 1000 Pro Sub

Room Size 12'x14'

Want to upgrade now to Side surrounds and Atmos. Please suggest options.
1. Mono or Bipole for surrounds. Can go cheap here or should buy quality
2. Ceiling Atmos or upfiring speakers?
Mono surrounds. Try to maintain the sound quality across the room. ( tonal balance too )
Mediocre sound from behind means mediocre sound in your room. ( think of your system as a whole)

Front heights are also a good option to make your sound stage increase ( in vertical direction)- gives that sense of a big space.

Otherwise - ceiling speakers are surely better than up-firing ones.

Hope this helps .
Regards.

Mono surrounds. Try to maintain the sound quality across the room. ( tonal balance too )
Mediocre sound from behind means mediocre sound in your room. ( think of your system as a whole)

Front heights are also a good option to make your sound stage increase ( in vertical direction)- gives that sense of a big space.

Otherwise - ceiling speakers are surely better than up-firing ones.

Hope this helps .
Regards.
Thanks for the inputs. Would you like to suggest a few speakers that I can try for demo?

- How is the space behind the sofa?
- Is the sofa against the wall?
- Do you have space to keep bookshelves at the rear?
- How much are you looking to spend?

- How is the space behind the sofa?
- Is the sofa against the wall?
- Do you have space to keep bookshelves at the rear?
- How much are you looking to spend?
Actually this is my bedroom and bed is against the wall with zero space behind. 40k is tentative budget for my side surrounds and 2 Atmos channels.

Actually this is my bedroom and bed is against the wall with zero space behind. 40k is tentative budget for my side surrounds and 2 Atmos channels.
Bipoles will work better with the bed against the wall. They will be mounted on the back wall.

I am using Wharfdale WH-DFS, with sofa against the wall and happy with it.

Forget the atmos for now.
QAcoustics bookshelves as sorrounds is preferable. 40k for both Atmos and sorrounds will not provide great quality, especially considering the lcr and sub setup you have.
Quality sorrounds take the experience to a different level. People tend to give great importance to LCR but compromise on sorrounds. Don't commit that mistake.
Matching sorrounds first and then Atmos later as things permit. All the best.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back