Upgrading from 7.2.4 to 7.2.6

ankitbhargava

Hello everyone :)

Need advise,

I participated in ToneWinner AT300 group buy and expecting the delivery in couple of weeks.

I will be able to upgrade from 7.2.4 to 7.2.6

Right now my configuration for Atmos channels is "Front heights using SVS prime elevation" and "Polk RC80i in ceiling as Top Middle".

My question is,
Should I just add a pair of Polk RC80i in celing as Top Rear OR would it be better to shift SVS to Rear height and add Polk RC80i as "Top front".

As of now these front height (SVS) are almost 14.5 feet away from MLP.

So,
Front Height (SVS prime elevation) | Top Middle (Polk RC 80i in ceiling) | Top Rear (Polk RC 80i in ceiling)
v/s
Top Front (Polk RC 80i in ceiling) | Top Middle (Polk RC 80i in ceiling) | Rear Height (SVS Prime elevation)

OR
I am even open to idea of all in ceiling
Top Front (Polk RC 80i in ceiling) | Top Middle (Polk RC 80i in ceiling) | Top Rear (Polk RC 80i in ceiling), IF thats allowed as configuration

Love4sound

Hello everyone :)

Need advise,

I participated in ToneWinner AT300 group buy and expecting the delivery in couple of weeks.

I will be able to upgrade from 7.2.4 to 7.2.6

Right now my configuration for Atmos channels is "Front heights using SVS prime elevation" and "Polk RC80i in ceiling as Top Middle".

My question is,
Should I just add a pair of Polk RC80i in celing as Top Rear OR would it be better to shift SVS to Rear height and add Polk RC80i as "Top front".

As of now these front height (SVS) are almost 14.5 feet away from MLP.

So,
Front Height (SVS prime elevation) | Top Middle (Polk RC 80i in ceiling) | Top Rear (Polk RC 80i in ceiling)
v/s
Top Front (Polk RC 80i in ceiling) | Top Middle (Polk RC 80i in ceiling) | Rear Height (SVS Prime elevation)

OR
I am even open to idea of all in ceiling
Top Front (Polk RC 80i in ceiling) | Top Middle (Polk RC 80i in ceiling) | Top Rear (Polk RC 80i in ceiling), IF thats allowed as configuration
I also use svs elevations for heights and along with mono price inceiling speakers. In terms of quality the elevation is very good compared. Do you also observe the same or both perform equally good? Also do you have the space and angle for 7.2.6 as per Dolby guidelines from your MLP? If not it may spoil the imaging and panning of height effects. For me Surround’s and rear heights sound the same since I went overboard with a 5.2.4 set up for my small space. 5.2.2 had better panning.

ankitbhargava

I also use svs elevations for heights and along with mono price inceiling speakers. In terms of quality the elevation is very good compared. Do you also observe the same or both perform equally good? Also do you have the space and angle for 7.2.6 as per Dolby guidelines from your MLP? If not it may spoil the imaging and panning of height effects. For me Surround’s and rear heights sound the same since I went overboard with a 5.2.4 set up for my small space. 5.2.2 had better panning.
Definitely, those elevations have a better sound than in-celing ones, however for just playing Atmos content I believe a mediocre performing speaker set should be fine. Just my personal opinion.

Yes I do have space for the 6 atmos, Top Fronts would be about 10 feet away, Top middle 7 feet and Top Rear 7 feet. The gap between these 3 pair would be Top Front to Middle about 5.5 feet, Middle to Rear about 5 feet.

Amarendra

Definitely, those elevations have a better sound than in-celing ones, however for just playing Atmos content I believe a mediocre performing speaker set should be fine. Just my personal opinion.

Yes I do have space for the 6 atmos, Top Fronts would be about 10 feet away, Top middle 7 feet and Top Rear 7 feet. The gap between these 3 pair would be Top Front to Middle about 5.5 feet, Middle to Rear about 5 feet.
You must be really perceptive in your hearing ability to go for so many ceiling atmos speakers :) I barely notice my 2 Atmos speakers in a movie ! I understand that Atmos is more for atmospheric effects rather than placement effects (I could be wrong). If that is the case then 2 or 4 should be good enough unless the room is really large.

sl4y3r

I would recommend;

Front Height (SVS prime elevation) | Top Middle (Polk RC 80i in ceiling) | Top Rear (Polk RC 80i in ceiling).

Enhance your CD Listening with the versatile and amazing Audiolab 6000CDT Transport.