Upgrading to Dedicated HT

mands

Hi, We are moving to a new place and dedicated room for HT is on the cards..
The DHT room size is 18 ft X 21ft. The ceiling is being done now and next will be the walls. The architect who is doing the interiors will take care of the acoustics. I am planing to go for 7.1 set up. firstly, is this suggested or should we go with 5.1. I want to have the wiring done for 7.1 though. I visited one of the DNI store and they said it would cost Rs. 5L for the below set up and installation.

Projector - Benq W1070
AVR - Pioneer VSX924
Focal Speakers:
Chorus 714
Chorus CC700V
Bird 2pr
SW - Cub3
and a fixed screen 8/4.5

I actually thought this was way too expensive for this equipment.

I am personally interested to go with Optoma or Epson full HD 3D projectors and want to go with Polk TS or Klipsch FP. Haven't decided with the AVR yet. Please suggest and let me know if you need more details. My budget for this is around 3.5L for now.

Thanks,
Kiran.

Last edited:
The DHT room size is 18 ft X 21ft. The ceiling is being done now and next will be the walls. The architect who is doing the interiors will take care of the acoustics. I am planing to go for 7.1 set up. firstly, is this suggested or should we go with 5.1. I want to have the wiring done for 7.1 though. I visited one of the DNI store and they said it would cost Rs. 5L for the below set up and installation.

Projector - Benq W1070
AVR - Pioneer VSX924
Focal Speakers:
Chorus 714
Chorus CC700V
Bird 2pr
SW - Cub3
and a fixed screen 8/4.5

I am personally interested to go with Optoma or Epson full HD 3D projectors and want to go with Polk TS or Klipsch FP. Haven't decided with the AVR yet. Please suggest and let me know if you need more details. My budget for this is around 3.5L for now.

Thanks,
Kiran.

Where in Hyderabad did u get this quote? I mean which store ?

This was not in Hyderabad... happened to be in Vijayawada last week and checked out at DNI Home Theatre store.

Forgot to mention earlier, Amplifier and BD plater were also inclusive in 5L.

Close to 400 Sqft room, i guess you should consider 11.2 setup..

1) Marantz 7010 / Denon 4x00 series should be on your list.. Both have Audyssey multi EQ XT32 room calibration which can do wonders for movie watching..

2) Consider dropping the FS in your list and include satellite/BS from the same family so more speakers for uniformity..

3) include 2 subs...

Hi... Thank you for the inputs.... This seems to be a very high end stuff and needs more time... Will surely look into it... But any specific reason why you want to me to drop on FS??

Hi... Thank you for the inputs.... This seems to be a very high end stuff and needs more time... Will surely look into it... But any specific reason why you want to me to drop on FS??

Once you calibrate your system, Sub takes care of the low freq below 80 - 100 Hz... So even if you have a FS and set the crossover to 80Hz, it will do the same job of a BS/satellite speakers... Hence the suggestion..

Plan you room accordingly for a bigger layout say 11.2.. Invest on a top of the line AVR than FS...

Anything more than 5.1 is always involving movie watching...

Close to 400 Sqft room, i guess you should consider 11.2 setup..

1) Marantz 7010 / Denon 4x00 series should be on your list.. Both have Audyssey multi EQ XT32 room calibration which can do wonders for movie watching..

2) Consider dropping the FS in your list and include satellite/BS from the same family so more speakers for uniformity..

3) include 2 subs...

All the above points are VERY IMPORTANT to consider. You may also want to look at Pre-Proc + Multi channel Power amps for room of this size.

Multiple Subs is a MUST HAVE in rooms of this size (Min 2). Not to increase the quantity, but for quality :).

-John.

Projector - Benq W1070
AVR - Pioneer VSX924
Focal Speakers:
Chorus 714
Chorus CC700V
Bird 2pr
SW - Cub3
and a fixed screen 8/4.5

Thanks,
Kiran.

Plan first then build, lets see your plan, all answers stem from a layout plan. Post some pictures of the room.
Your architect can only do the interiors not acoustics, unless he is a qualified acoustician.

You have quite a big room there... have you considered an AT screen? 3.5L is a decent budget for a medium HT.

Cheers!

As I suggested before, invest good in room treatment/acoustics. get the info and good consultant or installation for room acoustics. Lets decide about the equipment later :D

Since this is a dedicated room and with a very good dimensions 18ft x 12ft , u can get a perfect theater experience in-home.
I would suggest you to take a demo of all brands of speakers available for demo in all stores in hyderabad. Get an idea for urself.
The final equipment IMO should be a pre & power amps
The setup should be 9.2.4 or 11.2.4 Dolby Atmos Theater. It might take a long time but work towards achieving that ;) The first step would be to get good room acoustics since the room is not yet occupied and hopefully in construction stage. Get the wiring done for 9.2.4 or 11.2.4 during/after the acoustics installation.
Other equipment can be worked out as and when u have a demo of them.

Cheers,
Aditya

+1 Hydrovac, what he said is true
get the plan of the room and some photos of the current status of the room.
Check my thread :D I've done the same :)

Cheers,
Aditya

Thank you Aditya... got your point. Will concentrate on acoustics and get the wiring done for 9.2.4.

In the meanwhile don't forget to check out the speakers and AVR or pre/power amps, projector and screen.
Have a demo of every equipment they have when u go to vector :D
Also pls share with us a plan of the room or the floor where the HT room is identified.
Cheers,
Aditya

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back