UPSCALING SD TO HD THRU HDMI or HTIB

get_rakeshin

This is an technicial query ..and required some assistance from all tech wizards.

I hve heard that if we have an HDMI amp or Home theartre HTIB ( HDMI IN /OUT ) can we connect SD ( cable connections) to HDMI IN and connect HDMI out to LCD TV and get HD viewing ..? Is it possible ..??

Its learnt that the HDMI amp or HTIB upscales or filters and gives good Picture quality view..?? Is it workable...??

Please advisee............

This is an technicial query ..and required some assistance from all tech wizards.

I hve heard that if we have an HDMI amp or Home theartre HTIB ( HDMI IN /OUT ) can we connect SD ( cable connections) to HDMI IN and connect HDMI out to LCD TV and get HD viewing ..? Is it possible ..??

Its learnt that the HDMI amp or HTIB upscales or filters and gives good Picture quality view..?? Is it workable...??

Please advisee............

Yes, It can be done. You connect SD source with HDMI port to HDMI in and ur SD signal can be upscaled to HD and fed to ur disply thru HDMI out.Though all receivers don't have such feature, u need to check individulal model for this facilities. Some AVR also offer component->HDMI upconversion.

You have 2 options.

1.If tv does good scaling,connect SD to LCD via HDMI & let tv handle everything.

2.Get AVR which scales,then SD> AVR> TV with HDMI connection.

3.If you have HDMI DVDp/WD ,play from it which will do upscaling...

Thanks Yogesh & Spiro !!

Well to be precise ..I have order W550A and is expected by next week at my end in my living room.( Is this set perform inbuilt upscaling ?) My main issue is that inour part of middle east country- BAHRAIN. We dont have Tata sky / DISH TV facility.. we have to be dependable on cable operators who suppy SD contents only .So I was looking for upscaling the SD contents..

Well.. can you please brief whch HDMI DVD player are good for upscaling and whats an AVR ..??whats does WD stand for in HDMI DVDp/WD Sorry on my question not a tech guy..Please bear with me:sad:

Thanks Yogesh & Spiro !!

Well to be precise ..I have order W550A and is expected by next week at my end in my living room.( Is this set perform inbuilt upscaling ?) My main issue is that inour part of middle east country- BAHRAIN. We dont have Tata sky / DISH TV facility.. we have to be dependable on cable operators who suppy SD contents only .So I was looking for upscaling the SD contents..

Well.. can you please brief whch HDMI DVD player are good for upscaling and whats an AVR ..??whats does WD stand for in HDMI DVDp/WD Sorry on my question not a tech guy..Please bear with me:sad:

W550 will do better upscaling than many other LCDs today.Only problem analoge(cable)tv is basically poor & may look dull.If you try to get any DTH,it will look better.

WD is this-
WD TV HD Media Player ( WDAVN00 )
WD can play practically most of the AV files stored on pendrive/ext harddisc...
with 1080p scaling.

DVDp can be pioneer610 ,which does better scaling than other budget DVDp.

Thanks Yogesh & Spiro !!

IMHO you may get better cable quality than Tata Sky by your cable operator!!I beleive you are given Settop boxes which may be better than Tata Sky

chk thsi link

SHOWTIME - FAQs

also find any competitor is giving settop with HDMI ,digital out etc ,if you reasearch you may realize HD transmission is started in Bahrin

Or in future you'll be getting

Etisalat launches high definition TV service - Media & Marketing - ArabianBusiness.com

Abu Dhabi TV goes High-definition

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back