Urgent : Has anyone imported any AV gear in last 1 week

@Vivek Batra I have an IEC as a proprietor, does it make sense to order it off Amazon UK (the speaker costs 20,000 Rs and the price from the dealer is 54000)?
@Sandesh, in case one buys from Amazon worldwide, they charge approx 42% duty upfront. In that case you won't be even asked for any document except your id/address proof. You may check the HS code for your product from previous imports in India, if that HS code attracts less duty than 42% then you may tell your CHA to use that code instead. Though Amazon import duty policy says that they refund the excess duty in case its less than what they charged upfront, but I doubt this happens.

In your case you can calculate 42% duty + shipping I guess you don't need separate insurance as its covered by Amazon? There shouldn't be much problem buying from Amazon at least.

@Sandesh, in case one buys from Amazon worldwide, they charge approx 42% duty upfront. In that case you won't be even asked for any document except your id/address proof. You may check the HS code for your product from previous imports in India, if that HS code attracts less duty than 42% then you may tell your CHA to use that code instead. Though Amazon import duty policy says that they refund the excess duty in case its less than what they charged upfront, but I doubt this happens.

In your case you can calculate 42% duty + shipping I guess you don't need separate insurance as its covered by Amazon? There shouldn't be much problem buying from Amazon at least.
They are providing free shipping apparently for the speakers. Is it not possible to reduce the duty with my IEC?

@Vivek Batra you mean Amazon will charge duty upfront or will it be customs? Has anyone ordered any electronics from Amazon outside India say Amazon (Germany) or UK?
Amazon will add the duty amount while checking out. You will pay the duty to Amazon while making the payment. Try adding anything from .de or .uk and go till checkout step, you will find out.

@Vivek Batra you mean Amazon will charge duty upfront or will it be customs? Has anyone ordered any electronics from Amazon outside India say Amazon (Germany) or UK?

Hi Sandesh,

I have ordered twice from Amazon UK. While checking out you will be shown the consolidated amount including customs duty & shipping charges. Basically before confirming for payment you do get to see the amount payable. You don't have to pay anything more than that. You will have to upload a photo from your phone or scanner of your original Aadhar or Passport pages to the DHL India KYC site since DHL was the carrier in my case. A photocopy black & white image of the KYC documents will be rejected. No import license is required for ordering via amazon. Hope this helps.

Regards,

Nitin

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back