Urgent help needed on UPS for Projector & AVR

Viren007

Hi,

need suggestion on offline ups for my Dell M 110 projector and AVR 1912, following is my current power setup.

Invertor > 5KVA custom made stabilizer(for entire floor) > belkin 8 pin surge protector.

my split ac stabilizer connected to one of the power socket in same HT room which fluctuate a lot in operation mode and cause problem to other equipment connected to belkin surge protector via other socket(Airtel DTH,HTPC, router & modem and AVR) projector is connected with other socket via 4 pin belkin surge protector.

problem is whenever AC stabilizer trip to maintain the power supply its also effect the supply of other equipment, to keep AVR and projector safe i want ot add a line interactive UPS.

APC 600VA -2500/-
V-guard seston 600VA -1700/-

would need your valuable suggestion on issue i am facing,is 600VA is enough for AVR and projector, as per dell website M110 only consume 40w not sure about denon avr.

somebody also suggesting me to add CVT for entire system and offline ups for projector.

please help..

Hi,

need suggestion on offline ups for my Dell M 110 projector and AVR 1912, following is my current power setup.

Invertor > 5KVA custom made stabilizer(for entire floor) > belkin 8 pin surge protector.

my split ac stabilizer connected to one of the power socket in same HT room which fluctuate a lot in operation mode and cause problem to other equipment connected to belkin surge protector via other socket(Airtel DTH,HTPC, router & modem and AVR) projector is connected with other socket via 4 pin belkin surge protector.

problem is whenever AC stabilizer trip to maintain the power supply its also effect the supply of other equipment, to keep AVR and projector safe i want ot add a line interactive UPS.

APC 600VA -2500/-
V-guard seston 600VA -1700/-

would need your valuable suggestion on issue i am facing,is 600VA is enough for AVR and projector, as per dell website M110 only consume 40w not sure about denon avr.

somebody also suggesting me to add CVT for entire system and offline ups for projector.

please help..

Generally online UPS is the preferred one for projectors ... It is not fully clear to me if the split AC is also drawing power from the 5 KVA stabilizer .. Also, does your 5 KVA stab draw power from the inverter in case of power failure ?? If so, then that is not the right way to do ... Your split AC should draw power either from a separate line or phase and your AV equipments should be connected to a different line...

And one more point ... for a very good protection from spikes/transient disturbances, it is recommended to connect the surge protectors directly to the main power socket (connected directly to the main supply) and there should be no other components (inverters, CVT, stabilizers, etc) between the surge protector and the main supply. Also, is the 5 KVA stab a servo stabilizer ?

I personally don't like to add an inverter for the AV systems except for projectors. I would prefer to have a servo stab with built in surge protectors. In case of a servo stab with built in surge protector, the surge protection is used at the input section (i.e before the internal transformer). So that will be the optimum combination to protect from both surge and voltage fluctuations.
This is my personal preference.

In your case, you can do either one of these :-
option#1: Have online UPS for the projector alone (online UPS drawing power directly from the main power) + use your existing inverter to power your other equipments + (add a very good surge protection at the main power switch board).

option#2: Have online UPS for the projector alone (online UPS drawing power directly from the main power) + add a servo stab with built-in surge protection (connected directly to main power)

I guess option#1 would be the best for your case.

Hi Shanmune, ac is connected separately,also the stabilizer connected separately.
Inverter only comes to function when main supply goes.

And one more point ... for a very good protection from spikes/transient disturbances, it is recommended to connect the surge protectors directly to the main power socket (connected directly to the main supply) and there should be no other components (inverters, CVT, stabilizers, etc) between the surge protector and the main supply. Also, is the 5 KVA stab a servo stabilizer ?

I personally don't like to add an inverter for the AV systems except for projectors. I would prefer to have a servo stab with built in surge protectors. In case of a servo stab with built in surge protector, the surge protection is used at the input section (i.e before the internal transformer). So that will be the optimum combination to protect from both surge and voltage fluctuations.
This is my personal preference.

In your case, you can do either one of these :-
option#1: Have online UPS for the projector alone (online UPS drawing power directly from the main power) + use your existing inverter to power your other equipments + (add a very good surge protection at the main power switch board).

option#2: Have online UPS for the projector alone (online UPS drawing power directly from the main power) + add a servo stab with built-in surge protection (connected directly to main power)

I guess option#1 would be the best for your case.

Does it mean belkin surge protector is of no use either for both option.

Also if i choose option #2 , than servo stab shoulb be at my exsisting stabilizer place ...is it what you mean ??? Please elaborate.

Hi Shanmune, ac is connected separately,also the stabilizer connected separately.
Inverter only comes to function when main supply goes.

Okay ... What I understand is there are two lines from the main power supply board. Line-1 is used to power your split AC and Line-2 is connected to your inverter, the 5 KVA stab is connected at the output of the inverter and that (stab) supplies power to your HT room. Am I right ?

Does it mean belkin surge protector is of no use either for both option.

Also if i choose option #2 , than servo stab shoulb be at my exsisting stabilizer place ...is it what you mean ??? Please elaborate.

For Belkin, I would say it effectiveness in protecting the equipments goes down if not connected directly to the main power supply. Since you have a stab/inveter between your main supply and the belkin, that may reduce the effectiveness of the belkin.

Coming to your other question on option#2, it is not fully clear how your inverter and 5 kva stab are inter-connected ?

A. Main power --> inverter --> 5 kva stab ---> AV equpiment
(or)
B. Mian power --> 5 kva stab --> inverter --> AV equipment

which one of the above is applicable in your case ?

For Belkin, I would say it effectiveness in protecting the equipments goes down if not connected directly to the main power supply. Since you have a stab/inveter between your main supply and the belkin, that may reduce the effectiveness of the belkin.

Coming to your other question on option#2, it is not fully clear how your inverter and 5 kva stab are inter-connected ?

A. Main power --> inverter --> 5 kva stab ---> AV equpiment
(or)
B. Mian power --> 5 kva stab --> inverter --> AV equipment

which one of the above is applicable in your case ?

Yesterday i was wrong actually It is like this..

Main power-->5Kva stab-->ac stab

Main power-->inverter-->av equipment.

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back