Urgent suggestions needed Samsung pdp 51 5500

gauthamnaidu

Hello.. Its been quite some time after I setup my home theater.. And after 2years the plasma TV has a single pixel line running from top to bottom of the screen.. After reading many sources.. I have understood it could either be a panel issue or "sus" board issue..
6b1bbd073b82aad33a691fbcc46a3a2b.jpg
6295472b9529358fb499bc86c71f345d.jpg
32385d66c3d497f8f71de888505b2639.jpg
just worried about how to go about now.. I have called and fixed a service appointment with Samsung... What could be the estimate for the service... Kinda nervous.. Has anyone had an experience before.. Any do's and don'ts for the problem not to occur again? Thank you in advance..

Is it possible now? Call Samsung and ask what is the procedure to get extended warranty.

Will do bro.. Just generally.. How expensive are we talking about... And more importantly... Can it be serviced.. Its a two year old plasma model and plasma production has been stopped by most companies.. Would they still offer service.. What should I be asking them in case of non available parts..

Don't have any idea about exact costs or what will they do in case of no part availability, we will come to know only after Samsung tells you.

Hello.. Its been quite some time after I setup my home theater.. And after 2years the plasma TV has a single pixel line running from top to bottom of the screen.. After reading many sources.. I have understood it could either be a panel issue or "sus" board issue..

Your panel is gone. You need to get that replaced.

I had the exactly same issue with my Samsung 51E550 plasma. Just after completing the 2 years, a vertical line started appearing on the TV. I called the customer care tried to find out how much the panel could cost, but they insisted on sending the technician to the home (and charge 1K visit fee) without providing any useful information. Upon hearing that the panel would cost about 25-30K from reliable sources, I ignored the issue for about 4 months. I called them again when it become too wide and difficult to watch. After the technician's visit, and checking part availability, I was told that the panel is no longer available.

They took the TV back and returned about 65% of the price. I do not remember the exact amount, but I think they deducted about 35% for depreciation.

I too inquired about extended the warranty with the customer service when the issue appeared. I was told that extended warranty can only be purchased if the warranty is not expired.

I have had the same issue with with my last two plasmas. Although I have a Panasonic. This time the approximate cost for repair was 20k. Ordered a vu 50 In led HD TV. Got 2k as exchange amount for my Panasonic. I had paid around 60k 3 years back. Lol.

Hi guys.. Thanks for the reply.. I had a customer service guy visit.. He said the display had conked off.. And replacement will cost about 33k.. He asked me to continue with the same panel.. He said it was not worth it because plasma components may not be available in the future.. And if there's some other problem with the tv after changing the display I may end up with a sitting duck.. Also the only available replacement spare was in noida and if I confirm he can place the order.. Whether it will work out good is subjective.. Anyways.. I sold off the plasma for 30 K to a friend who deals with spares who said there are 3 or 4 boards which can be useful.. And i booked a vu 55 inch ultra high definition TV on flipkart.. Its a led tv.. I went and saw the tv in a store.. Was quite satisfied.. The guy quoted 68k as a final price.. On flipkart.com it was 64990 and hdfc card swipe was 1750 discount.. So somewhere around 63k.. Very sad and disappointed about what happened to my favorite plasma panel.. But again.. Practical decision I guess is more important than sentiments..

I also faced same issue with my samsung 40inch led.but i didnot changed.from last 3 years i am watching same tv with one verticle line

Hi guys.. Thanks for the reply.. I had a customer service guy visit.. He said the display had conked off.. And replacement will cost about 33k.. He asked me to continue with the same panel.. He said it was not worth it because plasma components may not be available in the future.. And if there's some other problem with the tv after changing the display I may end up with a sitting duck.. Also the only available replacement spare was in noida and if I confirm he can place the order.. Whether it will work out good is subjective.. Anyways.. I sold off the plasma for 30 K to a friend who deals with spares who said there are 3 or 4 boards which can be useful.. And i booked a vu 55 inch ultra high definition TV on flipkart.. Its a led tv.. I went and saw the tv in a store.. Was quite satisfied.. The guy quoted 68k as a final price.. On flipkart.com it was 64990 and hdfc card swipe was 1750 discount.. So somewhere around 63k.. Very sad and disappointed about what happened to my favorite plasma panel.. But again.. Practical decision I guess is more important than sentiments..

Congrats on your new 55 inch TV, you were very very lucky to get 30k for that defective Plasma, it would have been worth almost nothing for most people, you are lucky to have a friend who deals with TV spares.

Enjoy your new TV, the Flipkart+HDFC offer surely made it an amazing deal.

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back