USB cables

Yes I agree, I don't think my system is resolving enough, perhaps even less resolving than a 3000 usd system as you have alluded to, hence I am not hearing any benefits of these so called high end usb cables (not that I tried any more expensive than say $200). I apologize if my original post offended FM's with high resolution systems like yourself. The wireworld platinum is a super cable ($700 almost 50k INR), I don't think I can afford it, and even if I did I don't think there will be any difference to notice in my inferior setup or my novice listening skills. I haven't heard it or any shunyata, so I will take your word for it that it is a better usb cable than any shunyata any day. I am going to stick to $100-$200 cables. As you mentioned one should budget cables based on a percentage of the total system cost, not on what they hear. This is certainly not the right way to do it, trying to hear if a cable makes any difference without considering the cost of the system it was placed into - typical newbie mistake. Forgive me.
Cheers,
Sid
Sid kindly accept my apologies if I worded it too strong. I was never offended by your opinion and you are entitled to your views and I totally respect it. I have built my system over the past 15 years gradually and have made many mistakes including investing in cables without focussing on what gives the best bang for the buck and then having no money to upgrade. Just didn't want others to make the mistake I did and then regret the same. If you are looking to upgrade please message me and I will surely share my experiences with you. Thank you for taking things in the right spirit. Meanwhile I shall go back and address my writing skills.:)

Sid kindly accept my apologies if I worded it too strong. I was never offended by your opinion and you are entitled to your views and I totally respect it. I have built my system over the past 15 years gradually and have made many mistakes including investing in cables without focussing on what gives the best bang for the buck and then having no money to upgrade. Just didn't want others to make the mistake I did and then regret the same. If you are looking to upgrade please message me and I will surely share my experiences with you. Thank you for taking things in the right spirit. Meanwhile I shall go back and address my writing skills.:)
No offense taken arunthegr8. I have been comparing various usb cables in my own system for the past few weeks and have selected one I feel is the most optimum in the context of my system. I will eventually post my impressions.
Cheers,
Sid

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back