USD Sound Card Vs DVD Player

catch148

Dear Frns

I am having one good configuration laptop. I am having 5.1 HT also ( Panda) which is not having DTS and Dolby decoder. So i m not getting suround sound from my HT.
I am downloading movies through bitcomet. It's rare that i am buying/renting DVD. So i hav connected my HT to my laptop via stereo connection( as my laptop is not having sound 5.1 sound card)
I m in delima whether to buy DVD player with Dolby/DTS decoder or to buy an affordable USB Sound card with Dolby/DTS decoding, analog o/p.
Kindly help me.
If sound card is a better option that plz suggest good USB sound card( i have heared abot Xonar)
If DVD player, then kindly suggest few gud one within 5000 - 6000.

Can a sound card can give a quality equivalent to DVD palyer?

My usages is 50% songs and 50% movie

Hi
I am for DVD
Quick to boot and seprate gadget
In aloha you get Pioneer 610 for 6.5 K
In Grey
Only hittch is that it does not have volume control

There are moels from Philips , LG & samsung with HDMI Out, Onboard Dolby Digital & DTS out and USB playback for less than 5.5 K

All for DVDP. Only take a model with USB (all new models have it), that will save the trouble of even having to burn DVDs except for backup.

Dear moserw
can i play a dvd movie which i have downloaded fron net through usb drive of dvd player and get 5.1 sound?

pls suggest some more dvd player

Dear moserw
can i play a dvd movie which i have downloaded fron net through usb drive of dvd player and get 5.1 sound?

pls suggest some more dvd player

Any budget DVDP will do that. Lots of options in Philips, LG, Samsung, etc. Check the Philips website and others too. Costs vary from 3-4K onwards.

Sorry It is Alfa @ Irla Vile Parle
But if youir 5.1 speaker set does not have remote then consider a DVD p with volume control

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back