use of french upvc door in HT Room

Re: Room Length - Majorty Wins

Well hari according to me your sitting length of 11/12 feet is not sufficient even if you use a 1080P, but then there are several members who are using a bigger screen for room length of 15 feet and less, so you can also consider to follow the respective wave, my school of thought is getting simpler, majority wins.

In my case i am having a 23 feet room length with a 82" screen, still i always say that wish i had a 26 feet length.

V.
Vinay, I agree with what you say and my thoughts are slightly different. If we have a bigger room, nothing like it. But, if we don't have a large room what can we do? We have one life to enjoy it and we must enjoy these things while our faculties are still functioning well. We can always build another bigger and better home theater later when we can. Sometimes, there are architectural reasons why one can't have a larger room, sometimes it is financial reasons, sometimes even a matter of priority. Irrespective of the reason, there is no point wasting more than 5 years waiting for the right room to start a build. One life, live it:)

Vinay, about your 82 inch screen. I saw the video in the other thread, I get the feeling that your screen might be larger than you think. Maybe 120 inch..I may be wrong though. Are you measuring the screen by the width by any chance? How large is your front wall?

yes as said I had to fit the HT setup in the given dimensions.
I have a living room of 22.9 * 13 feet, but its having a dining area opening of 12.6 feet. So I thought better to have smaller dedicated room than a bigger common hall.

So I need to get the best out of that room.

thnx

Hi

projector budjet I can spend around 1000$ - 1400$ around 60k in INR. Epson 8350 @ 1300$ is looking good with 1080p o/p.

I gather we can adjust the picture display size on any given screen, provided it fits in the screen size available?

Also I read the lamp life is less around 4000 hours, wt are the prices of lamps usually?

Room Length

Hello Santosh,

Well that is the point, nothing like a bigger room, if one does not have the room length and related sure one has to adjust with that, point is always very loud and simple that who are getting new into this form of entertainment, need to know that with the lesser infrasctruter results are going to be that way.

For me what alarms more is where people have the opportunity to make the room length bigger but do not avail the golden opportunity, maybe they will do so sooner then later. However to take a such step they maybe having their problems but the dilemma is that in those waiting years they are missing better viewing, still what is great that they have entered into this great world of projector and screen.

I will measure the screen again tomorrow and tell you the size.

V.

Projector - Screen

Hello Hari,

Indeed it is any day better to have a dedicated movie room then using the living room.

It is possible to adjust the picture display but viewing experience will be better if screen is filled with picture.

In reference to lamp, 4000 hours is quite a lot, keeping in mind that a movie is generally 2 hours or so, approximate import cost of a original bulb is about Rs.20,000/-.

V.

Back