Used Harbeth P3ESR

Colecutter

Looking for Harbeth P3ESRs, none coming up on Audiogon or EBay US. Am not too familiar with other used equipment sites, so if anybody comes across these speakers on sale (anywhere) please do let me know. Thanks.

if in fact you know of two pairs for sale - I definitely will take the second one :)
I have been looking for a used pair of these for a bedroom system for a while...

Haha! Fact is a friend wants a pair too, so I'm actually looking for 2 pairs. Plus yours, that makes it 3. Which Esoteric CDP do you have?

The India MRP for Harbeth is shocking.... one is better off buying from Singapore or HK directly... i believe they can even help in shipping it to your location!

On the other hand, if one is looking for Tannoy, the India dealer based out of New Delhi, has a very competitive pricing!

Just a few observations that I thought I should share with this community.

Harbeths are the cheapest in Malaysia and the cost is almost the same in SG, HK and UK...The Indian dealer's price probably includes 50 gms of gold free along with a pair of Harbeths and maybe that is why the cost is a little higher....

If the usage is in a small room, then I can very highly recommend Rogers speakers...

Rogers International Ltd.

Fantastic midrange to die for...even better than the Harbeths but without the bass ( I heard the LS3a (60th Anniversary) and 5a models )...

Can someone checkout the bigger speakers or floorstanders as well and let us know ....

Last edited:
If the usage is in a small room, then I can very highly recommend Rogers speakers...

Rogers International Ltd.

Fantastic midrange to die for...even better than the Harbeths but without the bass ( I heard the LS3a (60th Anniversary) and 5a models )...

Can someone checkout the bigger speakers or floorstanders as well and let us know ....

which ones? there is a whole long list of speakers out there.

The monitors at the bottom are what I heard....I have no idea where to listen to these except in SG at Adelphi...The guy from whom I bought the Harbeths had upgraded/downgraded to the the LS3 5a speakers and they sounded fantastic but in his very tiny room....

Would be great if someone else could research on them in SG/HK and let us know how the other bigger monitors and floorstanders sound..

Rogers is not the same British company any more:

"Since 1993, Rogers became part of the Wo Kee Hong Group. Through this group's vast worldwide network, strong financial background and modern management, Rogers entered into a new era and brought out the revolutionary AB-1 model which took the '95 Las Vegas WCES Audio Exhibition Innovations Award. Looking towards the future, Rogers will continue to strive for excellence to produce even better and more innovative audio equipment."

If you look at their current products, they seem to have lost their way.

I have the original Rogers Studio One Monitors that I purchased over thirty years ago. They are a reference as far as balance and tone reproduction is concerned.

Regards,
Viren

Viren Sir, as you rightly said, the tonal reproduction was mesmerizing although I am sure the Rogers pair I heard was produced in China by the new owners...I am sure the owner would be an audiophile and would try and keep the Rogers' philosophy intact as it would not make sense financially to buy an old British company whose products are known to a very small community and demography....

The monitors I heard were about 3-4 years old and were made in China but the difference between them and the Harbeths mid range was substantial given the quality of the Harbeths...

It would be great if the hifi community auditions the new Rogers to know what they are missing....

Harbeths are the cheapest in Malaysia and the cost is almost the same in SG, HK and UK...The Indian dealer's price probably includes 50 gms of gold free along with a pair of Harbeths and maybe that is why the cost is a little higher....

:eek:hyeah::eek:hyeah::eek:hyeah::eek:hyeah::eek:hyeah::eek:hyeah::eek:hyeah:

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back