Used Integrated amplifier Pls Help

Hi,

Indeed its a pleasure to see such old gems still in action where the world has discarded them ! two thumbs up for Anil and Rajiv for keeping them alive and kicking !!

Regards.

Hello Members,
I have come accros many used integrated amplifier such as Denon PMA-860, Technics SU-V6/8, NAD 3020, Rotel 931, Luxman 100, Yahaha A-492/950, each priced @ 6-10 K. I could find some information @ Rotel, Nad, Technics but nothing @ Denon & Yamaha and Luxman. Offcourse I will audition them before buying. Can anybody pl. guide me /provide me more info regarding their selection. Any help will be highly appreciated.
Thanks.

May I ask which city you have found these gems in? I guess it is too much to hope that is in Mumbai.

Frankly speaking pioneer had no good models in India. A400 is a stk based model, may not sound good, these black models were introduced after 1986. It's better to buy on ebay, that's what i did. Hope your wish to buy AU 717 becomes reality soon.....it's better somebody carry it rather than shipping such a heavy stuff from US. Max shipping weight for India is 44 kgs, this beast excceds that......invest on VINTAGE Sansui & Pioneer (US models) they are great value for money, no modren gear can match sound & construction quality. NAD 3020 is also a good option, shipping weight is not a problem.

Check this site, you will be amazed with the silver stuff, it's SAD these models are not avilable now.

Silver Pioneer Reference Site

Oh the feedback really overhelmed me. Thanks a lot folks. Thanks for inputs on Rotel, Nad 3020 and all other models. Mr Anilkumar happens to be collector of vintage gear. I saw your DIY speakers. They are fantastic. Sausui A-717 is also on my wishlist. Any info on Pioneer A-400. Thanks & I appreciate the response of menbers. Pls do keep posting.
Regards
Sandip

Hi Rajiv, that's a classic collection. Luxman amps are crafted well, very few amps are sold on ebay. Luxman is on my wishlist.

Hi
Anil,your amps look fantastic.

I agree with you the Sansui AU717 is a great amplifier and will beat most of the newer amps .A friend of mine had one driving a pair of IMF tls50 loudspeakers.The sound was simply fantastic.

I am attaching a picture of my Luxman M4000 power amp.I have had this amp since new (1978) It was designed by Tim De Parvicini of EAR fame,when he worked with Luxman.The amp sounds far better than some highly priced modern gear.

I use it to drive my Infinity RSII loudspeakers,which present a very difficult load but the Lux handles it with ease.

I am posting a link to a reveiw of Jean Hiraga's new speakers .I really like the last line "There's hifi and then there is music."

6moons industryfeatures: Munich High End show 2008

Regards
Rajiv

Most of the stuff is on ebay. None available in India I suppose. Also I would like to ask Mr. Anilkumar what are the import procedure for goods purchased on ebay. What is Custom duty? Where it is to be paid? Have you recentely purchased anything on ebay? Payment method etc. The link to silver collection was awesome. I am getting excited @ owing a piece of history in near future hopefully. Also here is some info on Pioneer A-400 which I found.

Hi-Fi Choice

50 most important hi-fi components ever sold [Archive] - AudioKarma.org Home Audio Stereo Discussion Forums

Regards

Hi Sandip, thanks for the info. As i said earlier NAD 3020 was top seller, it's among 50 most important hi-fi components ever sold.... You will get lot of info on vintage Pioneer, Sansui & Marantz components on AK.

Regarding buying from ebay, you should be a member of ebay.in, then apply for PAYPAL membership for that you should have a credit card. Before making overseas purchase, buy few items on ebay.in, so you are opening an account here with feedback (possitive feedback is very important).

After winning an item through bidding or buy it now procedure you will be asked to make a payment through PAYPAL to seller. Before bidding, ask question to seller regarding the item condition & shipping to our country. Always insist on double box packing, that way your item is safe from rough handling. Insurance is a must against theft, insure for full amount.

Shipping time may vary from 12 - 25 days. On arrival you will be intimated by local customs office to produce bill for what you have paid. You can collect your item by paying 36% duty at post office.

Most of the stuff is on ebay. None available in India I suppose. Also I would like to ask Mr. Anilkumar what are the import procedure for goods purchased on ebay. What is Custom duty? Where it is to be paid? Have you recentely purchased anything on ebay? Payment method etc. The link to silver collection was awesome. I am getting excited @ owing a piece of history in near future hopefully. Also here is some info on Pioneer A-400 which I found.

Hi-Fi Choice

50 most important hi-fi components ever sold [Archive] - AudioKarma.org Home Audio Stereo Discussion Forums

Regards

On arrival you will be intimated by local customs office to produce bill for what you have paid. You can collect your item by paying 36% duty at post office.

More like "intimidated" :) Maybe things have improved now but 10-15 years ago when I had to approach the FPO here in Mumbai to collect a video card for my PC it was hell to pay, hundreds of palms to grease and the rudest people I'd met. I understand that if you use a courier like UPS, FedEx then you sort of skip this step by paying them the charges directly. Is this correct?

Hi Particleman, i agree with you. But shipping through UPS & FedEX is damn expensive. Shipping through USPS work out 60% less.

USPS $175
UPS & FedEx $400

Today only few palms to grease..... :D there is no escape.

More like "intimidated" :) Maybe things have improved now but 10-15 years ago when I had to approach the FPO here in Mumbai to collect a video card for my PC it was hell to pay, hundreds of palms to grease and the rudest people I'd met. I understand that if you use a courier like UPS, FedEx then you sort of skip this step by paying them the charges directly. Is this correct?

Re: Used Integrated amplifier Pls Help Got Sansui AU-X507

Hi Anilkumar,
Thanks for your feedback regarding import procedure. Meanwhile I could get my hands on Sansui AU-X507. This amp shines. Now I wish to add floorstanders to my setup. Will sonodyne sonus 2605 match this amp. Any suggestions on other speakers. My budget is @ 20K. Thanks.

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back