Using Power strip for the home theatre devices?

I don't know the shop name. But it will be all narrow streets dealing with GM, anchor and crabtree switches. Drop in any shop[not on the road sied], take a walk in ;) and ask for the power strip. Normally the price will be lowestr around 25% from MRP.

For GM products you will get 30% down from MRP.

Thanks,
Senthil.

power strips come with MOVs that protect from very fast raising voltages[microseconds].... high voltage for a longer period may cause damage..

additionally .. i use a su-kam protector 6AMPs just 300Rs.

i also rely on belkin for spikes :D

I recently bought the Belkin Surge Protector (Gold Series) 8 socket power strip.

Prior to these I was using the GM power surge strip, but there used to be a low, but easily audible humming sound when the AMP volume was made maximum. Now it has disappeared and I guess it's because it helps in reduction of AC line noise contamination..

I have even connected the TV cable/ ethernet and telephone line via this surge protector.

I recently bought the Belkin Surge Protector (Gold Series) 8 socket power strip.

Prior to these I was using the GM power surge strip, but there used to be a low, but easily audible humming sound when the AMP volume was made maximum. Now it has disappeared and I guess it's because it helps in reduction of AC line noise contamination..

I have even connected the TV cable/ ethernet and telephone line via this surge protector.

How much did you pay for the Gold series?

DAC Also makes excellent surge protector with power strip but its little expensive. It also has provisions for all your set top cable and telephone cable with built in volt meter.

Hey thanks Reju. Does does this differs from economy series? Is the difference only in the rating for surges (like Max KJoules etc)?

I think Eco series does NOT have tel/ethernet/antenna protection (all 3 cables included). Yes, this has much higher rating of 2444 joules/ 86000 amps max spike current. The build quality is also much better.

It also mentions max damage coverage of Rs. 1L. I am not sure how good that is?

Last edited:
even i am curious to know how this would work. Purely from a legal/evidence perspective it looks like a nightmare. How will either party establish anything???

What stops you from having your equipment fry, then go out and buy one of these strips, wait for a few weeks, and then make a claim saying that the device was hooked up to the surge protector?

Short of a forensic investigation I cannot imagine how they would be able to refute that claim, unless of course the fine print says that the onus of establishing that your device was connected to the Belkin lies on the user, in which of course, similarly a forensic investigation would be needed!!

I think Eco series does NOT have tel/ethernet/antenna protection (all 3 cables included). Yes, this has much higher rating of 2444 joules/ 86000 amps max spike current. The build quality is also much better.

It also mentions max damage coverage of Rs. 1L. I am not sure how good that is?

even i am curious to know how this would work. Purely from a legal/evidence perspective it looks like a nightmare. How will either party establish anything???

What stops you from having your equipment fry, then go out and buy one of these strips, wait for a few weeks, and then make a claim saying that the device was hooked up to the surge protector?

Short of a forensic investigation I cannot imagine how they would be able to refute that claim, unless of course the fine print says that the onus of establishing that your device was connected to the Belkin lies on the user, in which of course, similarly a forensic investigation would be needed!!

Have uploaded scanned warranty.
Code:
http://rapidshare.com/files/262114533/Doc1.pdf

Download free without waiting.
My unit is the F9G model.
Let me know what you make of it.

I am surprised (and impressed) at how fair and straightforward it is. There are few areas where there's lack of clarity. They talk about the customer "initially" bearing cost of shipping, which would suggest Belkin will reimburse, but they don't go on to explain that. But overall it reads like a pretty fair document, and they're actually protecting you against lightning also, which is pretty impressive.

But of course, how the facts of a case are going to be ascertained will be very tricky. Like I said, short of a forensic investigation it's going to be tough to determine anything one way or the other, and I doubt a forensic investigation comes cheap.

I am surprised (and impressed) at how fair and straightforward it is. There are few areas where there's lack of clarity. They talk about the customer "initially" bearing cost of shipping, which would suggest Belkin will reimburse, but they don't go on to explain that. But overall it reads like a pretty fair document, and they're actually protecting you against lightning also, which is pretty impressive.

But of course, how the facts of a case are going to be ascertained will be very tricky. Like I said, short of a forensic investigation it's going to be tough to determine anything one way or the other, and I doubt a forensic investigation comes cheap.

And not to forget the lifetime warranty. Belkin will replace free of charge, any Surge Protector that is defective or expires AFTER protecting your electronic devices!!

yeah! that applies to my economy range Belkin also. I am seriously impressed. For a company to go out on a limb like this, they need to have some serious confidence in their product! I am just totally surprised by the lack of "fine print" apart from standard precautions and disclaimers. I had expected it to have so much fine print that it would be impossible to claim, but I am pleasantly surprised.

And not to forget the lifetime warranty. Belkin will replace free of charge, any Surge Protector that is defective or expires AFTER protecting your electronic devices!!

Using Power strip for the home theatre devices? Is it safe?
I am from India.
I recieve electric shock from all the conducting surfaces of the devices connected to my Onkyo AV receiver(TXSR606) (via HDMI or component, eg DVD player's metal surface, Set top box metal surface, LCD TV component pin input edges etc) when it is connected through a spike buster power strip. The shock is NOT there when the Receiver is powered directly from switch board socket on the wall. What cold be the reason. Please help.

Dear Sangrav,
I agree with Prakasse's assessment that the earthing is faulty in the power outlet. You could damage your equipment with a faulty outlet. Get a qualified electrician check the outlet and rectify the same ASAP.

P. N. Reddy

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back