Using SONY BDV E3200 to AV receiver

sashidhar

Hi Group,

I also same SONY BDV E3200 HTIB system purchased 3 months ago. After hearing the performance with an AV set-up, i am just regretting my purchase :( I am looking to have a AV setup. I am seeing whether i can use this system somehow in the setup. I request your suggestions on

a). Whether it is possible to add additional Subwoofer to the system? Looks like sony has proprietary speaker connecters and and no additional sub woofer port in the player..Looks like the existing one is a passive sub.

b). Is there a possibility i can replace the subwoofer with another one i.e Yamaha. Yahama has RCA connectors but again the same issue with the compatibility of connector types between player and sub.

c). The impedance rating of the existing sub that came by default is 6 ohm as i see on the back side of the speaker.So, can i use any Active sub with same impedance or more impedance(say 8). Does impedance matter if i use an Active subwoofer? Since player is also an amplifier and sub also has built-in amp, will that cause any issue??

I am completly new to this. Sorry for long list of questions :) I have tried enquiring at various shops but everyone wants me to start from scratch and i can not use this system at all.

Hi,

Get a sub which has High Level Left & Right connectors...this will help in connecting your existing sony system....

Read more about it on google....else see a video on you tube..."How to connect a stereo amp to a powered /active sub"

Thank you very much...One more query :)

Can i use the player alone(Speakers i will be selling them) to connect to AV receiver with out any issues? Player has a HDMI out. One shop guy told me i can use by connecting the HDMI OUT cable to AV receiver's HDMI IN. just want to crosscheck if Any factors to consider - impedance matching between AV receiver and Player..etc

Because, Player itself has an built in amplifier and connecting another amplifier like receiver will cause any issues like burning the player or av receiver?

I am looking to get Pioneer VSX-330 and focal speakers, Yamaha woofer..

I think you can not do anything with the set for external connections. The only thing which is favour to you is that you can use the player as your primary Bluray player which outputs HDMI and accepting one analog in.

Better you can buy new or used AVR and connect with the player still you can not connect the speakers to the avr as it comes with 3 to 4 ohms.

If it is my case I would sell my entire set and start building new AV set up.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back