Vanishing threads and posts ???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hiten

Posting this after not receiving any reply from the moderator.
Mods,
I am not finding a thread started by me on Jazz. Is it possible that it is removed ? I know HFV has authority to do so, but would like to know why it was removed. Have posted some 668 post uptill now but search shows only 500. I know I have posted some meaning less/humor attempting posts but not that much (168 missing posts is too much). :)
Kindest Regards

The forum is set to only show 500 latest posts when you do a search for individual posts by a user.

So if you have 2000 posts the forum will only show 500 posts on a search. It does not mean that all the other posts have been deleted.

Thanks. Searched the forum by thread started by me (are very few) but couldn't find Jazz thread. Not that it was very important but wanted to refresh memory about few artists mentioned by moktan and coaltrain. Can anything be done about this ?
Thanks again.

Hiten, are you by any chance referring to this? I searched the forum, and there is no thread started by you on Jazz.

It is also possible you had participated in a thread on Jazz started by someone else. The chances of a thread vanishing is very remote.

Cheers

Thats not the thread. I will search more.
Thanks

Mods, I see my Jamo Speakers sale thread has vanished:sad:. Any clue?

FYI, earlier today I had reported to the mods that member amarz1981 was being a pain on my sale thread and a few other threads. I have not heard from the mods eversince and to my dismay I see the entire thread has vanished.

Mods, I see my Jamo Speakers sale thread has vanished:sad:. Any clue?

FYI, earlier today I had reported to the mods that member amarz1981 was being a pain on my sale thread and a few other threads. I have not heard from the mods eversince and to my dismay I see the entire thread has vanished.

It will be cleaned and polished and will be back soon;)

I have had Santhosh's For Sale thread on Jamo speakers deleted as it had become unwieldy and had completely lost the purpose for which the thread was started. I have sent a PM to Santhosh and have requested him to start another thread.

I shall watch the new thread closely and bonk anyone who misbehaves. :mad:

Cheers

I have had Santhosh's For Sale thread on Jamo speakers deleted as it had become unwieldy and had completely lost the purpose for which the thread was started. I have sent a PM to Santhosh and have requested him to start another thread.

I shall watch the new thread closely and bonk anyone who misbehaves. :mad:

Cheers

Why it can be reinstated after deleting the unnecessary posts by intruder? It will take another round of efforts to put all the details given by him... If he has saved all the details it will be fine otherwise?

Mods, I see my Jamo Speakers sale thread has vanished:sad:. Any clue? ...

... I have had Santhosh's For Sale thread on Jamo speakers deleted as it had become unwieldy and had completely lost the purpose for which the thread was started. I have sent a PM to Santhosh and have requested him to start another thread.
Not a personal criticism, nor specific to this event... just offering experience from having done moderating on quite a big site.

You can avoid a lot of troubles, and keep your relationship with members sweet[er], by informing them of deletions and the reasons why immediately. The exception to this is repeat offenders who have already been warned about repetitively breaking some rule.

How you do this depends on the forum software, but if it can be systemised, that is great, because it also means it is recorded for moderator/admin reference. The VBulletin infraction/warning/message system does this very well.

Often, people don't mind stuff if they are informed.

Sorry if it minds someone ,its their site they can do anything they can even sell viagara here,damn bother ,suri was banned because he compared mod with hitler, pls keep the site in ur home pc and share it with only ur mods,so that no one will breech ur laws,its world wide web man and this a democratic country,i am not going lose a single penny or my salary by getting banned here.....
I think I was not too harsh....

From tonight u ppls will miss me because I am going to get ban.....

He is thinking himself like a teacher in elementry school...
Holding a stick in his hand and waiting to punish if we do any mischief ....
Man we are all adults ....

He is thinking himself like a teacher in elementry school...
Holding a stick in his hand and waiting to punish if we do any mischief ....
Man we are all adults ....

Canduu ,you have misread venkat's post, I think he is warning people ( like the famous amarz) who is spamming the thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back