Very Interesting -Turn ur Windows 7 Laptop into a Wi-Fi Hotspot

ash147

Hi
While reading / browsing thru the newspaper yesterday I chanced upon a very interesting query raised by someone.He had asked if it was possible to convert the laptop into a wi-fi hotspot meaning can a laptop be used as a wi-fi router such that other wi-fi enabled devices such as an Apple ipod touch,PSP,PS3 etc are able to access the internet via this laptop.As per my analysis this would be useful if I do not have a wi-fi connection at home and I usually connect to the internet via LAN cable or a USB Broadband device.
The reply to the query was equally interesting.I'm reproducing it exactly the way it was written

Connectify is an easy to use software router for Windows 7 computers. After downloading and installing the lightweight application, Connectify utilizes your computers' built in Wi-Fi card to wirelessly share any available Internet connection: a cable modem, a cellular card, or even another Wi-Fi network. Other Wi-Fi enabled devices including laptops, smart phones, music players, and gaming systems can see and join your Connectify hotspot just like any other Wi-Fi access point and are kept safe and secure by password-protected WPA2 Encryption.

One has to download a small software which is totally free of cost onto their laptops from their website and start using it.The details are there on their website.

The drawback is that this can

be used only with laptops with Windows 7 OS.For details click on www.connectify.me

I tried yesterday with my dell lappy having 64 bit Windows 7 Home Premium OS and my Apple IPOD Touch but was partially successful,meaning though the IPOD could be seen as connected in the connectify's window on my laptop still I was not able to browse the internet thru it.I'll try to sort out the issue within a day or two maybe by contacting connectify's support team.

Those who try kindly share their experiences on this forum.

This is interesting, thanks. I usually do the similar thing with my phone, so that I can connect to internet on my laptop using my phone's gprs, wirelessly.

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back