very short interconnects?

Grama

Hi,

Is it possible to get very short interconnects (just a few inches long)? When I browsed online, the shortest I have seen so far is half-a-meter long. Surely shorter interconnects must be available?

Thanks,
Rama

Hi:

AFAIK, 0.5m is the standard and shortest IC I've seen, and that's the shortest, one recommends if your components are closer; but, why you need less than 0.5m?

:)

I guess Grama is trying to minimise signal loss, by using a short IC, wherever his components are close to each other.

Hi,

Is it possible to get very short interconnects (just a few inches long)? When I browsed online, the shortest I have seen so far is half-a-meter long. Surely shorter interconnects must be available?

Thanks,
Rama

I guess u are intending to replace the metal links that connect the Pre section to the power in an integrated amp?
Make your own from any suitable cable is best & most VFM option.
Had done this ages ago and it 'seemed' to be a marginal improvement.
Rgds

Too bad if nothing shorter is available!

I would answer Vinod's question with my own question: why go for a longer interconnect if a 3 or 4 inch one is sufficient :) ?

I am not sure my ears would hear any difference, but my eyes (and, more importantly, my wife's eyes) can see the difference :).

But I was sure that there are audiophiles out there who would want short interconnects for the audio quality, which is why I felt that shorter ones must be available.

Well I guess the extra mess around the connectors creates bad looks and wires circuling each others is a home for lots of dust and spiders too. bit difficult to clean I understand.

In that case you DIY for short cables or get a cable wrapper (which comes with new packed cables) or get them pass through a short PVC elecrtical pipe.

Very short interconnect have multiple issues:

1. They will restrict your moving equipment around for cleaning and other requirements.

2. If you move an equipment and forget you have very short interconnects, you could very well damage the connectors or connections points in the equipment.

3. Very short interconnects also restrict your readjusting the placing pattern of your equipment.

Cheers

I have a problem with my 0.5mtr nordost BH after I got a new off-market entertainment rack for a change.

You can have it if you want I will stick to 1mtr from now on ... :eek:hyeah:

considering the speed of electromagnetic signal in copper do you thing it will make an audible difference with proper shielding?

Cheers

We make our Audio Art ICs to any custom length you like, 4 inches to a few feet, I am sure you can ask any dealer to do this for the ICs they carry...

cheers

Re. Venkat's post: Fair enough. I think there are enough good reasons for most people to go with a minimum length 0.5 mtr. My situation and request are somewhat unusual, I guess.

Thanks Sridhar ... great to know I can get custom lengths.

Rama

If one were to position the gear with adequate space for the amplifier to breathe then 0.5M is the minimum one would need.

Dont know if it matters to you but 1M is easy to sell as its a standard length. If one buys great (read expensive) ICs then resale is considered too. I had a tough time selling a half meter IC and finally sold it for a song.

If u are insistent on an IC thats really short go to any vendor and get it custom made as shridhar suggested.
Rgds

Re. Venkat's post: Fair enough. I think there are enough good reasons for most people to go with a minimum length 0.5 mtr. My situation and request are somewhat unusual, I guess.

Thanks Sridhar ... great to know I can get custom lengths.

Rama

I do hope you will keep in mind the male ego and not ask for 1" short male rca plugs as well ... No macho man worth his salt will ever keep such stuff !! :D

Amarbir[Lynx-India];180080 said:
Sir ,
You need What kind of interconnect

very short interconnects -just a few inches long

READ ................:eek:hyeah::eek:hyeah::eek:hyeah:

very short interconnects -just a few inches long

READ ................:eek:hyeah::eek:hyeah::eek:hyeah:

ROFL .. it also needs to be "stand-alone" without any external props and aids ... dunno if the OP already has the software for it ;) :lol:

Edit; Oops! Nothing personal against OP to be sure .. just kidding around :)

Last edited:
just make them . You can get high quality wires and parts . If you cant solder get it done from a technician

Back