VFM subwoofer: Polk Audio vs Sonodyne

machos

Guys,

Below are my options, can you suggest which one is VFM? :)

Polk Audio PSW 110 - Rs 14700/-
Polk Audio PSW 125 - Rs 18900/-
Sonodyne RoarR 108 - Rs 18300/-
Sonodyne RoarR 210 - Rs 21500/-

Any other suggestions welcome within this price ranges.

Hi

All depends on what catches you attention in terms of performance and appearance, most of us have different tastes in Bass,,,some want it louder and harder and some want it to blend well with the other speakers...

IMHO you need to check the frequency of your existing speakers and then decide if the subwoofer you intend to pick operates below those frequencies so that you achieve the lowest bass notes possible....

Boston Acoustics is good value for money, not sure if available. There could be local dealers selling Telome, Norge, Panda Audio subs which operate typically from 30hz to 200hz....the key is to audition and decide on what appeals to your listening tastes...all the best....if you are open to preowned...check the for sale by owner section or hifiads...

Hi, thanks for the reply. I want bass that blend in with the other speakers..but let us discount all those you have mentioned just by comparing the specs, manufacturer, warranty, existing users experience which of the above is better?

Sonodyne is good. I have auditioned both sonodyne &polk during my sub purchase. I did not impressed with polk it is quiet fast and the bass wat not at my taste. However I bought velodyne since it is way much better than the above 2. You can try audioning it. You might like a different sub as well. I auditioned the below subs during my purchase
Rel dont remember the model
Wharfdale sw250
Boston acoustic asw350
Sonodyne roar 10inch
Polk 12inch &10inch subs
Velodyne impact 12
Svs pb2000

I actually liked svs aswell but i gone to velodyne due to its double of cost. Iam happy with my sub it is a great performer. It just blends really well. All subs blends really well but it depends upon on the avr using.

Try auditioning more subs and decide based upon your budget.
Note: Subwoofers are independent of other speakers so you dont have to worry about any brand.

Enjoy auditioning.

I have auditioned sonodyne 210 and I liked it. It could be also because that was the first real sub I heard [emoji1]. Paytm has cash back offers on polks and they seems to fit my budget. If you think polks are ok I can go for audition in profx.

I will favor Sonodyne instead of Polk. I had an opportunity to listen one Polk speaker some 8 yrs ago and i can still recollect how bad it was. Sonodyne should be good for casual listening.

i totally agree with hari iyer.... i had a chance to listen to polk sub , not at the show room but had got it home and it really was so bad....i was planing to upgrade from a yamaha 8 inch down firing sub[ my reciever is a yamaha rxv 3067] but then had to give it back and get a yamaha 10 inch yst 315 sub woofer... which was really a good match for my receiver.

Bottom line is audition as many subs as you can with your kind of music, shortlist the models and decide on basis of budget, performance, appearance and after sales service..take you time..dont rush....

I have auditioned all Polk subs (the ddw models too) and find that they are good for movies but not fast enough for music. They lag and sound muddy for music and one can easily notice that. But for movies the DDW was indeed very good and hit hard

Thanks all for the inputs. I will hold off buying for the moment, and save some more cash to buy better sub. Btw, do we get discounts for sonodyne this new year Christmas republic day in Chennai?

How do they perform? I can even get them for 11.7k...but would like to know how they are from existing users

If you are going to buy those yamaha sub then dual subs. This will be more balanced and they will provide excellent blend with the other speakers.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back