Entry Level Subwoofer Help

schumi2508

Hi Friends,

I have a Denon AVR X1200 hooked up to a pair of Pioneer BS22 as the front speakers, CS22 as centre and 4 other pioneer speakers from my previous DvD 5.1 system. I am looking to get a Powered Sub as my sub from the previous 5.1 Setup is passive.

My room size is about 20ft X 10ft X 10Ft. Its my living room and hence is not as spaced out with the presence of sofas, dining table, shoe rack etc.

Budget is as minimum as possible. On my search I could find the following options:

1. Taga Vigor SW-8 Active Subwoofer - Rs.15900
https://proaudiohome.com/p/taga-vigor-sw-8-active-subwoofer/itemNDI3/?path=218_246&

2. Boston Accoustics CS Sub10 II - Rs. 15000
Ebay

3. Taga Harmony TSW-120 v.2 Active Subwoofer - Rs. 17500
Ebay

4. YAMAHA YST-SW012 - Rs. 14000
YAMAHA YST-SW012

5. Yamaha YST SW030 - Rs. 18000
YAMAHA YST-SW030

6. Polk PSW 110 - Rs. 20000
Polk PSW110 10" Powered Subwoofer

Kindly suggest which one should I go for keeping in mind the space, budget, existing setup and VFM aspects.

I use the setup to watch movies 70% of the time and rest music.

Thanks

Hi

You need to review the specs of the listed subs and see which one of these emits out the lowest frequency closest to 20hz.....this is important if you want to enjoy a good movie experience....

Next to consider is size etc.....these are all good subs for small to medium areas....all depends on personal preferences...like more bass, room shaking effects etc....too much bass can make things muddy and jarring...

You need to audition and decide, there are many dealers in Mumbai, go and take your favourite movie clip and music (song) and test all the listed models...so then you can make a proper informed decision...

All the best

for yamaha receiver rxv-581.

which model sub woofer the best... (any price)

1.yamaha subwoofer

2.polks subwoofer

3.klipsch subwoofer

Hi

You need to audition subs and decide....some are musical, some only suit for movies and some suit for both...

Typically subs which are 12 inch or more in size give out good clean bass....there could be certain brands which use smaller 8 inch drivers and output almost same quality bass....everyone has their own expectations and listening tastes...

It also depends on budget and sub design...front firing or down firing....sealed enclosure or ported.....

A simple Google Search will give you a nice summary about subs and also help to steer your decision in the right direction

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back