video upscalers

afj

am sure this isnt the correct section to post in but wasnt sure where. im in the process of buying a stereo amp which doesnt have video upscaling and video out. could you help me with

1. video upscaler

2. is there any splitter in which i can connect two video inputs with a single video out and a switch. what i need to do is connect my dvd video and my sat video into a splitter with a switch and from there connect it to the tv - like a y plug or something like that

also will the video upscaler be able to split the video inputs

im in the process of buying a stereo amp which doesnt have video upscaling and video out.

Stero amp with video upscaler???UPSCALER? Never heard that...
Came across some amps with composite swicher - I had one onkyo receiver with this facility...

But it is composite swich -not even S Video or Componant...

Came across some amps with composite swicher - I had one onkyo receiver with this facility...

Thats my knowledge about stereo amps as well - they typically do not have video support let alone scalers.

Thats my knowledge about stereo amps as well - they typically do not have video support let alone scalers.

If support means Swching ( Input A,B ,C etc) then some 2 channel amps have - mostly why=t I saw are 2 channel receivers...but I remember a vintage technics with video swiching!

i guess that came out all wrong - lol. i wasnt looking for a stereo amp with a video scaler. i guess what i meant was that i wanted an upscaler which i didnt have. i did go on the net and check out a few prices after that and from what i saw they're way out of budget and not worth it for me.

that comes to the second question. a switch for video out from sat and dvd going into the tv. is a good quality one available or do i have to get one made

The first upscaler no pricing mentioned.......
The maplin stuff - no 1080 P no HDMI ---- No Use

As it is can we ask thred strated why upscaler required with 2 channel ??
I think a upscaling TV will be better bet

Also in Bostwana HD brodcasts started???:rolleyes::rolleyes:

my tv is connected to my stereo set up. im not too much into surround sound so no plans of 5.1 set up. would rather spend my budget on getting my music sounding better. anyway it wasnt too important for me to upscale video - just thought that it would be nice to have that too.

as for hd in botswana, yes there are a few channels on the sat that do come in hd. but you require special sat decoder etc. also sometimes movies comes in 5.1 surround sound.

anyway coming to the other issue - i need a splitter to send signal from satellite / dvd player into the tv. does something like this exist or do i make one

The first upscaler no pricing mentioned.......
The maplin stuff - no 1080 P no HDMI ---- No Use

As it is can we ask thred strated why upscaler required with 2 channel ??
I think a upscaling TV will be better bet

Also in Bostwana HD brodcasts started???:rolleyes::rolleyes:

do you get upscaling tvs? approx price?

so i guess that sorts my problem then for the upscaling part. am planning to buy a samsung ps42b530. thanks spiro

any info on the splitter.....

Pls note that Budget HDtv can have average scaler ,so watch SD clips & decide.

hi venkat / hemathwaghe

i was looking for something similar to this - but instead 2 female connectors (for inputs from dvd and satellite) and one male connector (for output into tv) with a switch to switch between dvd and satellite. venkat the link that you sent am sure will work but was looking for something not so elaborate and definitely not so expensive. for the connector switch that i described, is it available in stores or do i get it made - have got a friend that will make it for me

380143365758.jpg

hyuk hyuk, i have the same thing at home (whacked it from someone..with consent), never tried it though, but I have a bad feeling about it. Already the quality of video through composite video is poor, and if it's going to pass through a switch with components of unknown quality, there's every possibility that the quality of the image may degrade.

Tell me again why your TV won't have enough inputs?

f0d3_2.JPG

will this work - what about quality

hyuk hyuk, i have the same thing at home (whacked it from someone..with consent), never tried it though, but I have a bad feeling about it. Already the quality of video through composite video is poor, and if it's going to pass through a switch with components of unknown quality, there's every possibility that the quality of the image may degrade.

Tell me again why your TV won't have enough inputs?

freaks im a classic fool - the tv will have all the inputs. for some reason it got stuck in my head that it would have only one input. thanks psycho

Back