Videocon D2H DD 5.1 Problem

All HD channels of star network, Colors HD and the two HBO HD channels. We are talking about 10-12 true 5.1 channels here and with the limited per day average viewing time available for common man these days, I believe thats more than sufficient options for 5.1 set up to be worth it.

I stopped playing 5.1 through STB long back, reason is the annoying ads (did not subscribe to the ad-free channels separately). So for serious movie viewing it is always HTPC.

Content type is personal preference.
I never watch movies on TV ads are too annoying. Can download in full HD and watch at convenience.
For most general Ent and Sports Channels no true 5.1 sound available.
It'd be great to watch sports (esp football) in true 5.1. But no. Star Sports HD (both) are fake 5.1 as i read somewhere.

Content type is personal preference.
I never watch movies on TV ads are too annoying. Can download in full HD and watch at convenience.
For most general Ent and Sports Channels no true 5.1 sound available.
It'd be great to watch sports (esp football) in true 5.1. But no. Star Sports HD (both) are fake 5.1 as i read somewhere.

For sports channel getting true 5.1 can be a challenge since the original transmission may not be 5.1.

For sports channel getting true 5.1 can be a challenge since the original transmission may not be 5.1.

Not necessary. I had checked the India Pak match commentary last week in Star sports HD and was centered in center channel only. crowd noise was in rest all channels.

Anyone doubting live capabilities for true 5.1, can also try watching upcoming oscar awards in star network. I had noticed this in last year's oscar ceremony that it was live broadcast in true 5.1. The audience applause was exactly in surrounds, music in fronts and host/award announcements centered.

Not necessary. I had checked the India Pak match commentary last week in Star sports HD and was centered in center channel only. crowd noise was in rest all channels.

Anyone doubting live capabilities for true 5.1, can also try watching upcoming oscar awards in star network. I had noticed this in last year's oscar ceremony that it was live broadcast in true 5.1. The audience applause was exactly in surrounds, music in fronts and host/award announcements centered.

Which STB are you having, good thing to have though. I think the oscar will be very interesting to watch in 5.1

Even I can confirm that the India vs Pakistan match was a true 5.1. Crowd noise and drum beats were in the surrounding speakers and the commentary was on center speaker. I put my ears on each speakers to confirm the same. And I have Airtel HD-DVR.

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back