Vintage Tubes wanted.. How to source?

Simon Wires

I have picked up 50s model Zenith Transoceanic H500 valve radio.

Given it for servicing, every thing seems to be ok , except the valves need to be replaced.

Can some one suggest me any suppliers in India (not ebay/online), whom I can pick up these 5 valves/TUBES , viz,

A) 1U4 RF AMP
B) 1L6 ,
C) 1 U4 IF AMP
D) 1 U5
E) 3 V4.

In case any one have the same to spare with , I can buy it too. Or suggest me some suppliers within India. Thanks in advance.

Hi Limewire,
Try Quikr or OLX. I got one rare valve from a guy from Kozhikode.
Regards.

Given it for servicing, every thing seems to be ok , except the valves need to be replaced.

Can some one suggest me any suppliers in India (not ebay/online), whom I can pick up these 5 valves/TUBES , viz,

A) 1U4 RF AMP
B) 1L6 ,
C) 1 U4 IF AMP
D) 1 U5
E) 3 V4.

In case any one have the same to spare with , I can buy it too. Or suggest me some suppliers within India. Thanks in advance.

Try contacting BE3 Amplifiers. I don't recollect the name of gentleman out there at this moment. He can arrange the tubes for you.

BE3 Amplifiers- Contact Us

Dr. Sunil

Thanks Hiten.. They are american coding of sixties Zenith Valve radio.
Thanks Dr.Sunil : I called BE3 amplifier and he has some item in stock. Expecting the quote from them by tomorrow.
Thanks Record Player. I called the person of your PM. He sells only valve amps, not vintage valves.

Capt Rajesh.. It was an error.. Would ask Mod to delete the other thread

A) 1U4 RF AMP
B) 1L6 ,
C) 1 U4 IF AMP
D) 1 U5
E) 3 V4.

I think I have 1U4 and 1L6 mini tubes. I will look up my boxes one of these days and will be glad to send them to you. PM me your address.

These were standard fitment in all battery operated valve radio, and because they burnt out very fast needed replacement in plenty. In India any of the old surviving radio shop will still have hundreds of them. Telefunken and Hitachi is the brand I saw most often.

Dear AKS, you are right. These are mini tubes used for batter operated radio, which is exactly the one I have, ie, Zenith Transoceanic. They were manufactured by Sylvannia in the initial days.

Will PM You.. Thanks for giving a helping hand here.

A) 1U4 RF AMP
B) 1L6 ,
C) 1 U4 IF AMP
D) 1 U5
E) 3 V4.

Best Place Welcome to TubeDepot.com!

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back