Vinyl\ LP-Tressure Hunting Event-Lets Join the Camp

Audio_Freek

Hello Vinyl Lovers,

As the LP lovers are getting increasing the Day by day and the LP are being found Like White Tigers.This Thread has been Open for 4 basic Purpose.

1. To share the LP shopping experience- Could be the first or unforgettable one.
2. To have a Group Buy Events- By doing a site\Shop visit City wise - To have much discount on pieces.
3. To post the list of LP's which you feel its a rare and Mine where you found it- So that people would get Known where to Buy
4. To Make sure all the LP Getting reach the Music Lovers and not to any dealers and waste their Age.
5.Some common tips to be shared on check list while buying used Vinyl's,Maintenance tips. etc.

6.Collect some LP's for the FM's- Non profit basic (Only the Shipping cost included with Original price), In case they are not able to get one or unable to join the events.

Ultimately, We like to encourage the People who love to enter the World of Vinyls by giving some road-maps to grab some stuff, as the LP are not much affordable in Indian Online Stores or even Online trade cost wise.

I Personally Thank - Reubensum,Vino,Peace_sells,Saket,AMITKUMAR,Shafic,Maniraj,PKSnathan- Sorry if in case i forgot someone ,Just Made me mad of the LP and Opened the gate for the Vinyl World.

Now its you time for tweet:yahoo:

Listing down a few sources for Vinyl in Bangalore with some tips:

1. Seetha Phone Company

Avenue Road
Phone - 080-2226 3230

Tips - Only an XUV 500 can drive through those lanes...just kididin :D make sure you are on a bike or preferably on foot. It will take you a while to find this place. This place has a huge collection with the good, bad and ugly records and mostly dusty. The most wanted ones are pricey and not so sort after are on the lower side. Maybe a group buy can bring in good discounts. TTs also available.

2. Balaji

Balaji.D.G./Govardhan.D.G
#64, 1st Floor,
Balaji silk complex, avenue road, Bangalore
Phone :09342410288, 080-65956427

Tips - Pretty much the same as lead 1.

3. Antique Palace - Unity Building J.C Road

Ramesh Kukreja
Phone: 9900707269
Near Town Hall

Tips - Has a pretty huge collection again with the good, bad and ugly. Exorbitant Pricing so you really need to bargain hard and a group buy may work best here. Turntables also available but in extremely bad conditions and not advisable.

All the 3 leads are pretty much from the same vicinity. You can probably do a visit of SP Road as well and pick a few accessories like cables, Banana Plugs Etc.

Sulaimani anyone ? :) Cheers...

Last edited:
Thanks Record Player,

This is really valid information. For Sure LP-Guys from Bangalore would start first Group by this post.

So any tips on which decides on the Quality of LP,As like in in case its pretty neat, with not scratches and with Inner Sleevs should be good and what are the Pressing which are best to avoid -Just give me a common pressings - from your experience

Essentially getting a Vinyl with the following would be ideal:

1. A Very Good Plus and above Vinyl (VG+ May have one or two small marks on the record. These marks are surface marks which are not too deep and will not affect play.)

2. Vinyl which has its original Outer Jacket and Inner Sleeve

I would not get into too much detail like pressing etc as it will take a lot of me time unless I am looking for a specific title and pressing.

Just my 2 cents...

i recently got a record of kati patang which i felt was in real bad shape. It seemed somebody raped it while washing. The label in the centre had almost defaced and the record was full of small scratches.

But the story changed once i washed it and played. No disturbance at all, the record played very nicly. Some records looks very good but may not play well and vice versa.

Some more little later.

I'd like to add to Record Player's list :

~Calypso, Jayanagar, Bangalore~

If you're into rock/pop/jazz, then this might the best place for you in Bangalore. They have a pretty decent collection. They don't have anything rare (in the CD section you might find something rare), but for the Indian market, I'd say its pretty ok. Pricing is standard. But best thing to do would be to wait for the clearance season. I think this happens twice in a year (I bought some stuff from there at the end of last year).

Now that Reliance Timeout outlets are shutting down here in Bangalore, this might be the only place left that sells brand new LPs. Forum's Landmark has stopped selling LPs, which was another very good place for records. I bought my first ever LP from there. It was a box set (Peace Sells by Megadeth). MRP was 6k, but since it was clearance time i got it for 700 :D

As for turntables, Calypso also has Thorens TD 240-2 and 190-2 for sale. The owner says that the MRP of TD 240-2 is 90k but since it is old stock he's ready to give it at 55k.

Last edited:
I'd like to add to Record Player's list :

I bought my first ever LP from there. It was a box set (Peace Sells by Megadeth). MRP was 6k, but since it was clearance time i got it for 700 :D

As for turntables, Calypso also has Thorens TD 240-2 and 190-2 for sale. The owner says that the MRP of TD 240-2 is 90k but since it is old stock he's ready to give it at 55k.

Now i got the Reason behind your Name Peace Sells, It should be Million$ Worth.

Let us know, if there any tentative date for the clearance Sales to Open.. so that Fm.s could Bang it.

Thanks for your Post:)

Last edited:
Listing down a few sources for Vinyl in Bangalore with some tips:

1. Seetha Phone Company

Avenue Road
Phone - 080-2226 3230

Tips - Only an XUV 500 can drive through those lanes...just kididin :D make sure you are on a bike or preferably on foot. It will take you a while to find this place. This place has a huge collection with the good, bad and ugly records and mostly dusty. The most wanted ones are pricey and not so sort after are on the lower side. Maybe a group buy can bring in good discounts. TTs also available.

2. Balaji

Balaji.D.G./Govardhan.D.G
#64, 1st Floor,
Balaji silk complex, avenue road, Bangalore
Phone :09342410288, 080-65956427

Tips - Pretty much the same as lead 1.

3. Antique Palace - Unity Building J.C Road

Ramesh Kukreja
Phone: 9900707269
Near Town Hall

Tips - Has a pretty huge collection again with the good, bad and ugly. Exorbitant Pricing so you really need to bargain hard and a group buy may work best here. Turntables also available but in extremely bad conditions and not advisable.

All the 3 leads are pretty much from the same vicinity. You can probably do a visit of SP Road as well and pick a few accessories like cables, Banana Plugs Etc.

Sulaimani anyone ? :) Cheers...

one more to the above list would be :
Mr. Ramachandran
Cell : 93422 51413
near commercial street

he has a nice collection of hindi and english records..

Hello Vinyl Lovers,

As the LP lovers are getting increasing the Day by day and the LP are being found Like White Tigers.This Thread has been Open for 4 basic Purpose.

1. To share the LP shopping experience- Could be the first or unforgettable one.
2. To have a Group Buy Events- By doing a site\Shop visit City wise - To have much discount on pieces.
3. To post the list of LP's which you feel its a rare and Mine where you found it- So that people would get Known where to Buy
4. To Make sure all the LP Getting reach the Music Lovers and not to any dealers and waste their Age.
5.Some common tips to be shared on check list while buying used Vinyl's,Maintenance tips. etc.

6.Collect some LP's for the FM's- Non profit basic (Only the Shipping cost included with Original price), In case they are not able to get one or unable to join the events.

Ultimately, We like to encourage the People who love to enter the World of Vinyls by giving some road-maps to grab some stuff, as the LP are not much affordable in Indian Online Stores or even Online trade cost wise.

I Personally Thank - Reubensum,Vino,Peace_sells,Saket,AMITKUMAR,Shafic,Maniraj,PKSnathan- Sorry if in case i forgot someone ,Just Made me mad of the LP and Opened the gate for the Vinyl World.

Now its you time for tweet:yahoo:

Good thought.. let us start the meet from Chennai.. Finalise the date (Except Sundays).

Here i'll show some guys and we can purchase vinyls in lot basis.

Meanwhile, pl search persons who ran recording centers till mid nineties and winded up for getting good number of records for reasonable price.

Hello Vinyl Lovers,

:

I have around 60-70 Tamil, English & Hindi LPs as double copies / Songs not to my taste in very good condition. Wish to exchange with FM's for any easy listening titles. Intrested may write to me for know the LPs available with me.

Hi Selvin,

I wanted to know if those english or hindi Lps are available for sale as i might not have anything that i could give you in exchange.

If yes then please send me the list and the lowest price you want for them.

Regards, Amit

I have around 60-70 Tamil, English & Hindi LPs as double copies / Songs not to my taste in very good condition. Wish to exchange with FM's for any easy listening titles. Intrested may write to me for know the LPs available with me.

Pl send me the list...

Look what I found in Seoul, Korea. Finding out this place was very difficult due to language and I had to translate a lots Korean blogs and websites to reach this place. I will be frequent visitor for this place from now on ;). It takes 1.5 hours from my place to reach these shops. There are 5 - 6 such kind of shops around.

In another thread I gad give an offer, that I will carry any English title for you guys provided that you also arrange 2 Hindi classic title for me from India per 1 English title from here (Since, vinyls are very heavy and I have to carry in flight from here to India leaving my other stuff). Money will be exchanged accordingly in INR.

Almost 80% of English title carries price of 5000 Won = 282.00 INR. It used to be 250 sometimes back but now due to $ rate fluctuation it went up. Rest 20% rare title carries price 10000 Won upwards.

Funny part is, I found one Hindi Lp here for Hathi Mere Sathi and it was priced 50,000 Won (~2800 INR) :lol:. I told you keep it with you. They have stock of Ravishankar, Allarakha vinyls also, but ridiculously priced.

20131009_123709.jpg

20131009_123714.jpg

20131009_123734.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks Anuj for sharing the Info, It could be better If they Import The Shop to India:eek:hyeah:

Any Idea why the LP were not reached Consumer market in 80's or 90's in India, as Like cassette's have made(And gone now almost)

The reason is Owning a TT would be a Symbol of pride which i was Kid and dominance of Cassette deck was Much and even that time people use to say LP are Old fashioned material.

Any Idea why the LP were not reached Consumer market in 80's or 90's in India, as Like cassette's have made(And gone now almost)

Not having much idea but we thought ourselves progressing and moved to cassette and MP3s from LPs.
But history repeats itself. Whatever new technologies comes we go back to original source in some time. After having all these digital technologies, we are discussing vinyls.

We almost went back to Tube Amp, Vinyls going forward we will move back to Landline phone from Mobile phone considering its analog and clarity it provides from mobiles. :eek:hyeah::lol:

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back