Visiting Dubai

avink

I will be visiting Dubai around 12th Feb..will be there for a week or so. Though the shopping fest is on but I wanted to ask if someone has any advice around which places/shops/areas to check out for gadgets etc. _Thanks

Jumbo Electronics, Sharaf DG, Plug-ins, V V & Sons etc are quite popular. Visit their respective websites for details of what's on offer and where to buy them.

Hi avink:)
welcome to Dubai :)
Please give me a call/ sms when you are in Dubai.
I will mail my contact number in personal mail to you now.
The best places are all shopping malls , VV and sons, Sharaf DG etc.
Thanks
Anil.

i would be going to Dubai after 2-3 months. nice to see this thread. I have few questions though:-

1. Whats the general price difference vis-a-vis India?

2. What about custom duty?

3. Are they 120V type Americam products?

1. Whats the general price difference vis-a-vis India?
Prices in dubai are as advertised in their respective website and usually non-negotiable during DSF. Othertimes, there are sale/offers when negotiations generally not entertained. Else, haggling is not uncommon.

2. What about custom duty?
No clue mate.

3. Are they 120V type Americam products?
No, very much 220~240V UK type plugs.

Prices in dubai are as advertised in their respective website and usually non-negotiable during DSF. Othertimes, there are sale/offers when negotiations generally not entertained. Else, haggling is not uncommon.

What I wanted to know how cheap are electronics as compared to India?

I will be visiting Dubai around 12th Feb..will be there for a week or so. Though the shopping fest is on but I wanted to ask if someone has any advice around which places/shops/areas to check out for gadgets etc. _Thanks

Try with emax, Carrefour,Eros for Samsung, also as Mr. Nshankar mention you can visit that places. The prices are very much reduced for DSF.

Prices are almost 40 to 50% less then India.Like Samsung LED TV 40c5000 is Dhs 3299 +200 Dhs gift voucher + BR player worth 749 Dhs in Eros. Sony KLV 40ex400 Dhs 2699 any where, other then Jumbo. WD external hard disk 1tb+500gb Dhs 499 in emax.there are so many. :yahoo:

My brother bought Sony 32EX500 (Full HD, 100 hz) in Aug 10 for 2,800 AED (around Rs. 30k in Indian rupees) + free 250gb free external hard disc, when it used to sell for Rs.45k approx in India, but what i have read is that no one can beat Bangkok prices when it comes to electronics.

For Large Items, there are "Cargo Agents" who will ship it for you. They charge by weight and 15-20% for "duty"! All this delivered at your doorstep!

Visit online classifieds like dubizzle.com , to get used electronics deals all over UAE.

I had found very good Monitor Audio Gold speakers for sale here and some good marantz amps. You have to contact the seller on his number and meet him.
Or try souk.com.

You will find lots of good deals on 50-60 inch plasmas and LCDs now.

thanks

Last edited:

This is very subjective. The list prices are subject to negotiations. When you shop abroad, shipping and custom duty may be applicable depending on their weight and value. And then there are warranty issues.

I am out of touch with prices in India. You are the best judge of this, it is not always possible to generalise. You need to make a call on case by case basis.

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back