Voltage Converter for Xbox 360 Kinect

akilis

Hi,
I have purchased Xbox 360 Kinect bundle from US.
Can anybody please suggest me which step down converter (220v to 110v)
should I use ?

Is there any specific requirement like 50W/100W etc ?
Should I consider other things like AMP ?

Is there any particular brand you like to suggest ?
Where can I get one in Bangalore ?

Thanks in advance.

Check the total power consumption of xbox.... go for a maxine brand step down converters... You can find many brands in SP Road too..

A question.. the XBOX console you bought in US would be NTSC/U region.
I believe it would playback XBOX games DVDs which have NTSC/U region ...

In the US, is PAL region marked games DVDs also available?

I bought the kinect bundle from India and the controller is PAL region.. it will play only XBOX games which are PAL rating as well..

I was wondering if I buy games from US would they playback on my Kinect... or if PAL region games are available in the US in stores like Best Buy or GameStop etc. ?

Can someone help me with a place in delhi . And what would be the price of it

Have you checked the small print on the back of the XBOX by the power supply entry point? Many of these games consoles use a switch mode power supply that is rated for 110V to 240V. It's done that way so that people can take it with them on holiday. So check yours first before getting a voltage stepdown transformer.

Stanley B is totally correct . But i have a doubt the New Kinect ones may not hav 100-240 Volt input . I had bought a Step down transformer 500watt . Go it essembled from my local vendor Yesterday it costed me Rs 1000. I was able to start my Xbox with it . Will keep you posted on its performance

yes I also bought a 500W one for Rs.1200. Earlier I tried a 300W one, which would automatically get switched off after some time.

These local ones must be of electronic ones. Never buy these ones, it may burn itself or it will burn your equipment.
You should be buying transformer based ones which are normally heavy in weight. As other members pointed out 500W may cost around Rs:1200 /- and 1000W may cost about 2200/-

-Murali.

How good or bad are the local ones available for 150 bucks ?

Ok first off I'm new to dealing with these dual voltage power issues, but wouldn't it be possible to simply buy an adapter from the appropriate country? AC input varies, but the DC should be the same no?

Here's a viable solution for your standard xbox

This unit is for 240 volt supply and can be used with any 360 from USA Hong Kong, and of course the UK etc.

Xbox 360 Power Supply Adaptor - Replacement 360 Power Supply Pack

Kinect adapter

Now here it doesn't explicitly state it's dual voltage, but the fact that it comes with a US plug and they offer a UK adapter answers that one.

Xbox 360 Kinect Sensor Power Supply USB Adapter Cable

Kinect Range Requirement Reduction
I know this isn't part of the topic, but I wanted to share anyways.

Nyko Xbox 360 Kinect Zoom- Kinect Zoom Kit

I'm sure there are other sites, but it was getting pretty painful and I'm not very fond of dealing with Microsoft's site. Oh keep in mind there are dual voltage PS for the xbox, but I really liked they way these guys document so they're getting my business.

Stanley B is totally correct . But i have a doubt the New Kinect ones may not hav 100-240 Volt input . I had bought a Step down transformer 500watt . Go it essembled from my local vendor Yesterday it costed me Rs 1000. I was able to start my Xbox with it . Will keep you posted on its performance

hi
i have got xbox kinect from US.
i wanna know that do this 500 watt converter works perfectly in India?

regards,
Hemang Patel

you can get the xbox power supply for free.
Just call microsoft support and tell them that you got the Xbox from US and they will send a Indian power supply in lieu of the US power brick.

I got mine exchanged for free :)

you can get the xbox power supply for free.
Just call microsoft support and tell them that you got the Xbox from US and they will send a Indian power supply in lieu of the US power brick.

I got mine exchanged for free :)

now this is news to me :):yahoo: , just got my xbox from US and was about to buy a new power supply unit

I got the US version power adaptor exchanged with an 'Indian' version by logging a request with Microsoft support. Works perfectly fine. Only grouse is that it came with a 15amp plug instead of a 5amp plug.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back