VU premium Android or MI TV 4x as PC Monitor - Chroma subsampling Support

harmandeep

Hello,

Can anyone please confirm if 43 or 50 or 55 or 65 inch model (Mi 4x or VU premium) is supporting 4K@60hz Chroma Subsampling 4:4:4 or not?
I am particularly interested in VU Premium 43.

I plan to use TV mostly as PC monitor for Coding and Work, so chroma subsampling is important.
Reason for 4K: More resolution v/s 2 * FHD Monitors.
Reason for 43 inch: 100% display Scaling at 4K

Reference: https://www.geeks3d.com/20141203/how-to-quickly-check-the-chroma-subsampling-used-with-your-4k-uhd-tv/
To test this, try to display the test image when connected to PC 4K@60hz to see whether 4:4:4 support is there or not
http://www.ozone3d.net/public/jegx/201412/chroma-subsampling-test-4k-tv.png

Thank you :)

Please confirm. I have ordered both 43 and 55 VU Premium android TVs. If they don't support 4:4:4 Chroma Subsampling, I will cancel the orders. If they do, I am not sure if I will keep 43 or 55 :)

While testing, It's also important to make sure that Windows scaling is set to 100%. With larger, high-resolution monitors it is common for Windows to scale UI elements at 150% or more, and this can cause false positives when testing for Chroma Subsampling.

Picture URL http://i.rtings.com/images/test-materials/2017/chroma-444.png

Please confirm. I have ordered both 43 and 55 VU Premium android TVs. If they don't support 4:4:4 Chroma Subsampling, I will cancel the orders. If they do, I am not sure if I will keep 43 or 55 :)

While testing, It's also important to make sure that Windows scaling is set to 100%. With larger, high-resolution monitors it is common for Windows to scale UI elements at 150% or more, and this can cause false positives when testing for Chroma Subsampling.

Picture URL http://i.rtings.com/images/test-materials/2017/chroma-444.png
Hi, I am sailing in the same boat.. Planning to buy a 43" TV to use as a monitor. What did you ultimately end up with.

Hi Guys, have either of you found an answer to this question? I'm in the same exact situation trying to just get an HDR Tv instead of spending more on a 4k HDR monitor for a similar size. I'm looking at the latest CA series by Kodak and for about 24K~, if it works, I think, it's a great deal. However, VU, MI, and Motorola seem to be pretty close in terms of price and performance. Thanks. :)

Hi Guys, have either of you found an answer to this question? I'm in the same exact situation trying to just get an HDR Tv instead of spending more on a 4k HDR monitor for a similar size. I'm looking at the latest CA series by Kodak and for about 24K~, if it works, I think, it's a great deal. However, VU, MI, and Motorola seem to be pretty close in terms of price and performance. Thanks. :)

At that size, a curved monitor is advisable. I used to have a 43" flat monitor and had noticeable eyestrain after a couple of hours staring at it. I have had a 40" Samsung 4K curved monitor for a couple of years and that took care of the problem.

Hi people. I am in the same situation. Can someone recommend a 40-43" 4K TV that can be used as a monitor? Thanks

Sorry, havent been on this forum for long time and didnt see your Q. I didn't receive any response so ended up buying a 27" BenQ monitor.

Hi, I am sailing in the same boat.. Planning to buy a 43" TV to use as a monitor. What did you ultimately end up with.
Sorry, havent been on this forum for long time and didnt see your Q. I didn't receive any response so ended up buying a 27" BenQ monitor.
Fair enough. Can you share any insights on the research you did on the TVs before doing so?
Hoping that you will share back at some point?
At that size, a curved monitor is advisable. I used to have a 43" flat monitor and had noticeable eyestrain after a couple of hours staring at it. I have had a 40" Samsung 4K curved monitor for a couple of years and that took care of the problem.
All depends on distance, eye sight and view angle/ various ergonomics factors - There are few good online calculators that help with this.
4K 40-43" ~ 31-32" Distance Minimum
4K 50-55" ~ 38-39" Distance Minimum
Hi people. I am in the same situation. Can someone recommend a 40-43" 4K TV that can be used as a monitor? Thanks
Following up for prospective inputs for one post wonders who came asked and never shared back.

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back