VU TVs Reviews

@thiru - Barton center 10th floor. MG road

Went there yesterday , TV looks good;) but there was no one to show teh demo , called up the person he directed to someone else in the same buidling and that person was not aware much. Didnt have any HD video not even 720P and it was a pathetic setup box which i finally manged to connect to 55 inch . I was not satified with the content . I am downloading few HD and Blueray videos and will take it again. I feel the TV is good but the person who demoed was not aware of any settings. I will be going sometime this week again. Any one interested , can mail me at [email protected], i can share my number .

I am not looking at any hifi features it should have good PQ nd sound as i am completely happy with pana42Pv8. I am looking to upgrade to a bigger set pref 65" and above.

Hi Kartik

Just wanted to know how your 55" Vu Led TV has been holding up after one year of usage.Kindly provide us the one year customer usage experiences , both the pros and the cons.This can help us in finalizing our decision to upgrade for a large size Led TV.

Bobby

I already got a 32" VU TV, bought from Flipkart a few months back. The model is Vu 32D6475 and I went for this model for 2 reasons. I got this TV for 14K after exchanging my old 29" CRT TV.

1. I wanted a cheaper TV for my gym room.
2. Wanted optical out so that I can use my old Onkyo HTIB receiver in the same room.

VU fit the bill perfectly and I am pretty happy with the picture quality and the other features.

Yesterday my Living Room Sony rear projection TV went bad, after 10 years of usage. I was looking for a replacement and the following TV caught my attention.

VU 65" UHD 4K 3D TV - Vu 65" 4K UHD SMART 3D LED TV (LTDN65XT780XWAU3D) - Vu Televisions

Went for a demo in Barton Center, Bangalore and was impressed with the TV and picture quality for the price. Immediately booked one with a local Bangalore dealer and final price is 1,26,000/- :). TV comes with a free sound bar and two 3D glasses.

TV will be delivered tomorrow and installation will be done in a day or two. I am also taking 2 years extended warranty for 14200/- (10% of MRP). Now I will get 3 years total warranty.

-John.

Dear J K A,

Congrats on this great purchase.. waiting eagerly for pictures of this massive TV in action and your first impressions about the SD, HD , 3D picture quality produced by this beast. Is there any motion jitters while watching fast action events like a football match or an action flick..kindly respond. I found from the manufacturer's link that this TV weights around 50 kg and so is it safe to wall mount it.

Bobby

Dear J K A,

Congrats on this great purchase.. waiting eagerly for pictures of this massive TV in action and your first impressions about the SD, HD , 3D picture quality produced by this beast. Is there any motion jitters while watching fast action events like a football match or an action flick..kindly respond. I found from the manufacturer's link that this TV weights around 50 kg and so is it safe to wall mount it.

Bobby

Thanks bobby.

I didn't checkout sports clips though. They played the usual demo clips and some movie clips and it looked okay. One small issue was that it always had the 120Hz motion flow/refresh rate on. They said, you cannot turn it off. So for some clips, it looked artificial. I wish there was a way to change the refresh rate / motion flow to normal.

TV will be delivered by noon today and installation will be done by Friday.

I am going to wall mount it later, but now will have to place it on the same TV stand that used to hold my 50" Sony rear projection TV.

I will post some pics and reviews over the weekend, once it is installed.

Thanks bobby.

I didn't checkout sports clips though. They played the usual demo clips and some movie clips and it looked okay. One small issue was that it always had the 120Hz motion flow/refresh rate on. They said, you cannot turn it off. So for some clips, it looked artificial. I wish there was a way to change the refresh rate / motion flow to normal.

TV will be delivered by noon today and installation will be done by Friday.

I am going to wall mount it later, but now will have to place it on the same TV stand that used to hold my 50" Sony rear projection TV.

I will post some pics and reviews over the weekend, once it is installed.

Plz check whether there is an option called MEMC in Picture Settings Menu, if it has you can turn it off from there. The option to go there is

Menu > Picture Settings > MEMC >Off/Weak/Normal/Strong. I think it will work for you.
It works perfectly for my VU 50K160GP model.
And always use 1:1 Pixel Mapping mode. You can access it by pressing 'Zoom' button of your remote until 1:1 option shows on your screen.

Last edited:
Plz check whether there is an option called MEMC in Picture Settings Menu, if it has you can turn it off from there. The option to go there is

Menu > Picture Settings > MEMC >Off/Weak/Normal/Strong. I think it will work for you.
It works perfectly for my VU 50K160GP model.
And always use 1:1 Pixel Mapping mode. You can access it by pressing 'Zoom' button of your remote until 1:1 option shows on your screen.

Thanks Subha, I will check for that option. If that option is there, its going to be my life saver. They delivered the TV an hour back. Its still in the original package. Waiting for the installation team to arrive. They might come tomorrow or day after. Its a mammoth :).

Thanks Subha, I will check for that option. If that option is there, its going to be my life saver. They delivered the TV an hour back. Its still in the original package. Waiting for the installation team to arrive. They might come tomorrow or day after. Its a mammoth :).

I can confirm this option is present in my newly purchased 50" VU , and it got rid of the soap opera effect after changing it to "Normal" from "weak"

I already got a 32" VU TV, bought from Flipkart a few months back. The model is Vu 32D6475 and I went for this model for 2 reasons. I got this TV for 14K after exchanging my old 29" CRT TV.

1. I wanted a cheaper TV for my gym room.
2. Wanted optical out so that I can use my old Onkyo HTIB receiver in the same room.

VU fit the bill perfectly and I am pretty happy with the picture quality and the other features.

Yesterday my Living Room Sony rear projection TV went bad, after 10 years of usage. I was looking for a replacement and the following TV caught my attention.

VU 65" UHD 4K 3D TV - Vu 65" 4K UHD SMART 3D LED TV (LTDN65XT780XWAU3D) - Vu Televisions

Went for a demo in Barton Center, Bangalore and was impressed with the TV and picture quality for the price. Immediately booked one with a local Bangalore dealer and final price is 1,26,000/- :). TV comes with a free sound bar and two 3D glasses.

TV will be delivered tomorrow and installation will be done in a day or two. I am also taking 2 years extended warranty for 14200/- (10% of MRP). Now I will get 3 years total warranty.

-John.

Congrats buddy.. I am still due to visit your house for the epson demo..:)

No body has reviewed this regarding the pc connect aspect and using it as a monitor...

There are lot of problems

pictures and review mate

Guys,

Sorry for the late reply. With the new TV in place, we had to do some modifications to our living room furniture. Attaching some pics taken from my mobile cam.

I used to have a Sony 50" rear projection TV before. It went bad after 9 years. This TV (65" VU UHD) replaces my old Sony.

Here are some quick observations. This review is based on my main viewing distance that is around 20' from the TV.

1. You need to have a min of 720p video content to really enjoy the TV. DVD is okay, but SD channels from Airtel DTH is so - so, even from a viewing distance of 20'

2. There are 2 free Active Shutter 3D glasses with the TV. Not very comfortable to wear and it keeps disconnecting from the TV. I had to pair them every time I tried to watch 3D. However, I won't be using 3D on this TV as I have a dedicated HT setup. The glasses uses button batteries and are not rechargeable. 3D effects were fine.

3. VU gave a free sound bar with the TV. Well, its a free gift and you can guess the quality :). Its just good for getting a louder, normal TV sound. It has Bluetooth pairing build in to play music from your phone/tablet.

4. Remote can be used as a mouse controller and pairs with TV via Bluetooth. There is no dedicated button on remote to easily change input sources. You have to go to the settings menu to change the input source.

5. TV runs android system. So the boot up time is around 20 seconds every time you switch on the TV.

6. The fast moving scenes are not very "smooth", even for HD channels. I noticed this when watching a football match. I have turned off the MEMC option as I hate motion enhancements. Even enabling MEMC didn't make the motion smooth.

7. Yet to test 4K content. Need to download some demo clips.

Will update with more observations as I use it.

Here are some pics.

Z3yg6nV.jpg

Il69hlp.jpg

ePkNQ5B.jpg

3Lk5po4.jpg

caYiHNa.jpg

1dL2lJH.jpg

YUpzIAh.jpg

U0LEMvC.jpg

e4qRlHk.jpg

eytZuE9.jpg

Thanks,
John.

Guys,

Sorry for the late reply. With the new TV in place, we had to do some modifications to our living room furniture. Attaching some pics taken from my mobile cam.

I used to have a Sony 50" rear projection TV before. It went bad after 9 years. This TV (65" VU UHD) replaces my old Sony.

Here are some quick observations. This review is based on my main viewing distance that is around 20' from the TV.

1. You need to have a min of 720p video content to really enjoy the TV. DVD is okay, but SD channels from Airtel DTH is so - so, even from a viewing distance of 20'

2. There are 2 free Active Shutter 3D glasses with the TV. Not very comfortable to wear and it keeps disconnecting from the TV. I had to pair them every time I tried to watch 3D. However, I won't be using 3D on this TV as I have a dedicated HT setup. The glasses uses button batteries and are not rechargeable. 3D effects were fine.

3. VU gave a free sound bar with the TV. Well, its a free gift and you can guess the quality :). Its just good for getting a louder, normal TV sound. It has Bluetooth pairing build in to play music from your phone/tablet.

4. Remote can be used as a mouse controller and pairs with TV via Bluetooth. There is no dedicated button on remote to easily change input sources. You have to go to the settings menu to change the input source.

5. TV runs android system. So the boot up time is around 20 seconds every time you switch on the TV.

6. The fast moving scenes are not very "smooth", even for HD channels. I noticed this when watching a football match. I have turned off the MEMC option as I hate motion enhancements. Even enabling MEMC didn't make the motion smooth.

7. Yet to test 4K content. Need to download some demo clips.

Will update with more observations as I use it.

Here are some pics.

Thanks,
John.

Thanks mate for a review, looking to hear more from you, i am really hooked to it and considering very seriously to pick one. The remote looks very basic, but then again these days Tv remotes are hardly used. It's a pleasant surprise that this is an Android TV as they don't mention it anywhere on the site.

Will need to pay the barton showroom a visit, just that it is too far from my place, and will be a pain to carry my PS3/Ps4 :p

i bought a vu 65" inch uhd tv and the images looks pixelated and blurry unlike the images that i have seen here the video still pictures looks fine . i connected set top box and played fhd videos the videos looks worst while viewing with set top box.can somebody help me with the issue??

The problem with that TV is the upscaling is next to none.. But they advertise it as one of the great features.. Took a look in their showroom with some of my demo material ... Very disappointed..
My advice is to invest on a receive which can do a good upscaling...

Any one using Vu 40D6575 as monitor - pls share experiences.
I want to use it as primary monitor for watching movies, surfing and gaming.
Considering 60Hz refresh rate, 8.5ms response time will it be good ?

No one has mentioned about hiss noise issues in Vu TVs when you connect external speaker or headphones to the headphones jack. Including myself (with Vu 32D6545) and few others in this forum has complained about persistent hiss noise (when muted and even when audio is playing)

No one has mentioned about hiss noise issues in Vu TVs when you connect external speaker or headphones to the headphones jack. Including myself (with Vu 32D6545) and few others in this forum has complained about persistent hiss noise (when muted and even when audio is playing)
--------------------------------------------------

I 've mentioned this problem, though in a different thread.
http://www.hifivision.com/television/60711-hiss-sound-vu-40-led.html

Sent a mail to VU support, will wait for 3-5days, if they don't respond, I have to contact Flipkart and return the product.

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back