VU TVs Reviews

Checked on my 55in FHD VU, the hiss is there with the headphone our jack. I'm not bothered about it since I do not use it. My source is directly connected to the AMP.

Checked on my 55in FHD VU, the hiss is there with the headphone our jack. I'm not bothered about it since I do not use it. My source is directly connected to the AMP.
Well that's OK, but what if someone wants to watch a movie straight from a USB drive and he wants to connect external speakers through 3.5 audio out of the TV for extra punch?

I too face the same problem with vu40D6575 when I connected creative 2.1 channel to head phone jack it gives annoying hiss noise. Then I connected to RCA Problem solved.

Bought VU 40 6545 FHD on the sale day for 18250. Got it last Saturday & installation was done on the same day. Connected lap via HDMI->VGA converter <->VGA port of TV and it responds well with 1080p resolution. Watched few 1080p videos in youtube and it shows the details in depth when you compare with 720p. Did not find any hue / saturation issues. I would say its VFM. Noticed a dead pixel & have asked for replacement, Flipkart promised me a replacement by Tuesday. Planning to get a stabilizer & extended warranty for 3 years. For the sound part its good for a medium sized room, you can always connect with amp if you need good effect.

Got a 32" VU6545

Price : 19K

Small review

Pros:

- Good brightness , good for bright lit room
- Good PQ for this price
- fullHD is a bonus at this price range

Cons

- Contrast and brightness dont sync well and tv is weirdly too bright if you increase it.. There is no perfect balance..

- Audio is pretty bad , could be due to my placement , but planning to get external speakers from diwali deal online.

- The remote USB button placement is the most annoying thing ever , you hit it more than one and spoils the whole movie viewing experience if you watch from USB

But seriously , i am really startled by the PQ at this price .. good buy for a FHD at this price.

How well it will last is yet to be seen.

In Vu 32D6545, the tint is greyed out in display settings. Should be we entering the service menu to adjust it? Anyone how to access service menu?

In Vu 32D6545, the tint is greyed out in display settings. Should be we entering the service menu to adjust it? Anyone how to access service menu?
Other than service menu, you can access this tint' option, only when you use it as monitor using its VGA port. But I don't have any knowledge about the code for service menu.

Hi group members!
On 19-10-2015, I purchased vu extended warranty for my vu40D6575 tv from vu official website by paying Rs2600, they have given me invoice pdf soft copy and ask me to mail Flipkart invoice. After 10 days still I have not received extended warranty hardcopy nor soft copy. Is there anyone in the group who have taken extended warranty and got hardcopy?

Hi group members!
On 19-10-2015, I purchased vu extended warranty for my vu40D6575 tv from vu official website by paying Rs2600, they have given me invoice pdf soft copy and ask me to mail Flipkart invoice. After 10 days still I have not received extended warranty hardcopy nor soft copy. Is there anyone in the group who have taken extended warranty and got hardcopy?

I also took extended warranty for my 65" VU TV recently and never got any hard copy. They sent me a soft copy (PDF) of the invoice that says I have purchased 2 years extended warranty and it didn't even have my TV's serial number. It only has my name & address, TV model number and extended warranty start date and end date on VU TV company's official letter head. When I checked about it, they said, its fine and they updated their systems with all the details. They also said in case a service is required, just show the invoice copy of the extended warranty purchase to the service engineer.

I wish I never need to use this extended warranty :D

Here is the reply I got for VU customer support regarding usage of extended warranty

"

Dear Mr. John.

We have updated the extended warranty status in our system,
Whenever you require the service under Extended warranty then please show the invoice copy to our service engineer.

Nilesh B. Hande

Service & Support , Vu Luxury Televisions
Vu Centre, 29 MIDC Central Road, Andheri East, Mumbai - 400093 INDIA
Mobile - 9322796083| E: [email protected] | W: www.vutvs.com

"

-John.

Last edited:
I also took extended warranty for my 65" VU TV recently and never got any hard copy. They sent me a soft copy (PDF) of the invoice that says I have purchased 2 years extended warranty and it didn't even have my TV's serial number. It only has my name & address, TV model number and extended warranty start date and end date on VU TV company's official letter head. When I checked about it, they said, its fine and they updated their systems with all the details. They also said in case a service is required, just show the invoice copy of the extended warranty purchase to the service engineer.

I wish I never need to use this extended warranty :D

Here is the reply I got for VU customer support regarding usage of extended warranty

"

Dear Mr. John.

We have updated the extended warranty status in our system,
Whenever you require the service under Extended warranty then please show the invoice copy to our service engineer.

Nilesh B. Hande

Service & Support , Vu Luxury Televisions
Vu Centre, 29 MIDC Central Road, Andheri East, Mumbai - 400093 INDIA
Mobile - 9322796083| E: [email protected] | W: Vu Televisions

"

-John.

Yes same thing happen with me, they gave invoice pdf soft copy which has my name, address and invoice date. I contacted them on their toll free number, they said in case of service just show invoice copy to VU engineer.

Guys,

I have also purchased the VU 40 inch tv, and no one seems to respond to their toll free number, is it really worth spending money if they dont provide backup?

There are third part vendors that provide the same cover for a few hundred rupees more.

Guys,

I have also purchased the VU 40 inch tv, and no one seems to respond to their toll free number, is it really worth spending money if they dont provide backup?

There are third part vendors that provide the same cover for a few hundred rupees more.
Is there any third party vendor that provides AMC that covers everything, even panel, and serves all brands?

Yes, I believe so, checked out Jeeves and Syska. I inquired with Jeeves for the VU tv, he quoted Rs.3100 for the 40inch model.

One Stop Repair Service point For All Brands of Home Appliances, Electronics & Computers/Laptops Doorstep|Jeeves
Syska Gadget Insurance
Thanks for the info.
I think, we can trust VU. This brand is new but they have been in business for a long time. They used to have ZENITH brand of computers, which was a very successful brand. They have service network all over India. A tech from VU visited my place,last Saturday, he told me that VU's aware of the issues present in their products and they're working on those problem areas; soon they'll come up with solution.

Thanks for the info.
I think, we can trust VU. This brand is new but they have been in business for a long time. They used to have ZENITH brand of computers, which was a very successful brand. They have service network all over India. A tech from VU visited my place,last Saturday, he told me that VU's aware of the issues present in their products and they're working on those problem areas; soon they'll come up with solution.

Hey Amit, I am aware of VU's history, and that is why bought the TV, the issue is if no one responds to the given numbers, then what is the point of the extended warranty. Also, can you elaborate as to what those "issues" might be that the engineer mentioned?

Need input.
Iam looking for VU 32" D6545 as an exchange offer (during this APP only sale 21-23rd DEC) for Sony TV 26" 5yr old (working condition). Anyone let me know, what would be the exchange price? What is the process? Will the technician come down to check the existing TV? Or we have to pack it ready and keep it, so that they just take it?
I remember earlier my friend exchanged his samsung TV 22" inch - the delivery guys came with the new TV and just picked up the old TV (without checking) (NOTE: The TV was working condition, but they did not bother to check it though!!)

Need urgent reply, as i want to buy before the end date (23rd Dec)
There is no offer on VU when i directly checked with them. Hence thinking to go with flipkart APP sale.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back