VU TVs Reviews

swapnil.s

Hi,

I am new to this forum and was planning to buy 55 inch TV. All big brands are pricey. I have previously owned LG 55LM4700 but had to sell it since I was abroad and couldn't bring my TV due to customs charges.

I enjoyed my previous TV very much since I do lot of gaming(Xbox 360) and watch movies.

I came across VU on ebay.in (VU 55 Inch Full HD LED TV Model LED 55K160 Limited Period Offer | eBay), prices are very reasonable. I am not looking for any fancy smart functions and a basic FHD TV will suffice my need. I was wondering if anyone has done any research on this brand, customer service and product quality (IQ, AQ and Black Levels)

Thanks!
Swapnil

While nothing exceptional - the TV certainly gives full value for the price:it is not too bad next to most TVs, of course it also depends on the settings, and I never did really get into it. The (major) fault I could see was that the reaction/ refresh rate is 6 Milliseconds or thereabouts.
I think only Croma carries it, else you have to buy online.I hear in some cities they do arrange a demo. Cannot comment on service, but have read( also on this forum) that they are quite responsive.

Thanks jbgude!
Will 6.5ms be show stopper for playing games?? I currently have 22 inch Samsung monitor with response time of 8ms and it looks pretty fine for offline console gaming. VU also says that it has 100Hz panel, is there way to turn off in settings. I read in another thread that user was not able to find that option to disable it. It would be okay for playing games but for movies its a big negative. Also wondering it TV natively supports 24p

Any comments?

judge yourself with these sd and hd channel pic from vu tv 55 inches
2iux6oi.jpg

nqpvt3.jpg

dptpc2.jpg

b8s6te.jpg

1z4g7c1.jpg

2yvuvdi.jpg

2luxpg7.jpg

Well I guess, the Black levels of this images will not show the true black levels of the TV since I am viewing it through my monitor. :)
@karthi1000: Can you please comment on the picture quality/Black levels? Also, how did you like it compared to Sony and Samsung?

my rating is 9/10 pic quality
10/10 for vfm and power consumption,, u can run with ur ups:)

i am viewing it from 15 feet , hence i cant make any difference in pic quality.
. somebody has to compare the pic quality with side by side with sony or samsung to get the real answer

my rating is 9/10 pic quality
10/10 for vfm and power consumption,, u can run with ur ups:)

i am viewing it from 15 feet , hence i cant make any difference in pic quality.
. somebody has to compare the pic quality with side by side with sony or samsung to get the real answer

Does this TV have HDMI-ARC (Audio Return Channel) function? It would be mentioned on any of the HDMI ports on the TV...Could you please confirm...

Karthi: Interesting choice, VU always intrigued me. Any idea about their service?

they are giving std one year warranty, with option of 3 year ext warranty with add fees ... they are selling their tvs via computer sales network previously zenith computers. delivery and installation are very prompt . no chance to test their service part as of now {fortunately}

Does this TV have HDMI-ARC (Audio Return Channel) function? It would be mentioned on any of the HDMI ports on the TV...Could you please confirm...

no sir i have full hd non 3d model .,no arc mentioned in any of 4 hdmi inputs ... only mhl input mentioned on hdmi 4 and optical out seen

Last edited by a moderator:
no sir i have full hd non 3d model .,no arc mentioned in any of 4 hdmi inputs ... only mhl input mentioned on hdmi 4 and optical out seen

Cool.. Thanx for confirming.... Any flat screen which have HDMI inputs can have HDMI-ARC function....I have 3 yrs old 32 Inch Panasonic HD ready - LCD TV which has HDMI-ARC function...

VU has good service support. My brother bought 32" LCD three years ago. Last year its power supply went kaput due to lightning. The service guy replaced it with new power supply module as my brother had opted for 3 year warranty.

Are they really a Californian based company as they claim to be ?? Or are they just rebranding chinese tvs ??? Note the made in China label.

Hi Friends,
I am seriously contemplating VU 50inch / 55 inch Full HD models. Can you all (especially the owners) help me with the following information:

(a) How does the picture quality compare with the market leaders like Sony, Samsung and LG?

(b) Do they have Backlit panels too in any of the models? As I understand that backlit panels give better picture quality when compared to Edgelit panels.

(c) What is this problem related to Soap Opera effect, which has mentioned on various threads more than once? Does this problem persist in newer versions too? as I read somewhere that recent firmware has taken care of this problem.

(d) How is the service in major cities of the Country?

(e) Is extended warranty available?

(f) How is the sound quality? I guess there are concerns regarding it, but I am not putting much weightage on this as I will be using a Home Theater System.

(g) And how is overall Ownership experience?

Since I plan to hook it up to a Network receiver or a Media player like Xtreamer Wonder, I am not looking for a smart TV and due to lack of much content in 4K am not eying that either.

And Finally there is this Phillips model 50PLF5059/V7, which is available around 55k; so Phillips being a better known brand, does it offer any advantage over VU55 incher which costs around 49K?

Friends please enlighten me.

Hi Friends,
I am seriously contemplating VU 50inch / 55 inch Full HD models. Can you all (especially the owners) help me with the following information:
(a) How does the picture quality compare with the market leaders like Sony, Samsung and LG?
(b) Do they have Backlit panels too in any of the models? As I understand that backlit panels give better picture quality when compared to Edgelit panels.
(c) What is this problem related to Soap Opera effect, which has mentioned on various threads more than once? Does this problem persist in newer versions too? as I read somewhere that recent firmware has taken care of this problem.
(d) How is the service in major cities of the Country?
(e) Is extended warranty available?
(f) How is the sound quality? I guess there are concerns regarding it, but I am not putting much weightage on this as I will be using a Home Theater System.
(g) And how is overall Ownership experience?
Since I plan to hook it up to a Network receiver or a Media player like Xtreamer Wonder, I am not looking for a smart TV and due to lack of much content in 4K am not eying that either.
And Finally there is this Phillips model 50PLF5059/V7, which is available around 55k; so Phillips being a better known brand, does it offer any advantage over VU55 incher which costs around 49K?
Friends please enlighten me.

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back