Want to build a 12" active sub under 10 to 15K

Naveenbnc

Hello All,

I want to build a 12 inch active sub to use with Yamaha YHT196.
(Budget is 10 to 15K) Excluding wooden cabinets.

Can you give suggestions on the below options please...
OPTION1: A plate amp kit to add to my existing passive sub from YHT196

OPTION2: A good amp kit, and 12" subwoofer.

OPTION3: A suitable amp and 12" subwoofer from CAR audio systems.
(Car audio components are easily available everywhere in hyderabad. I will take care of 12V power supply etc)

Thanks & Regards
Naveen

Hi Naveen,

you can actually do this project under 15K, if you make the amp and active crossover yourself. Any good 200-300W amp kit will do, add a sub crossover and power supplies. you can in fact use a car sub, they perform well in adequate box, otherwise you can also go for a pro driver which can surpass many high end subs. Good luck.

Regards,
Aniket

Hi Naveen,

you can actually do this project under 15K, if you make the amp and active crossover yourself. Any good 200-300W amp kit will do, add a sub crossover and power supplies. you can in fact use a car sub, they perform well in adequate box, otherwise you can also go for a pro driver which can surpass many high end subs. Good luck.

Regards,
Aniket

Very Correctly said , car subs and pro drivers both can used

Hello Aniket,

Before posting this thread, I have seen a couple of your posts. Partially I can say, I got inspired by your work. Thanks a lot !!

I can simply buy an active sub, and use with my YHT196 for that price, but I just want to build one out of curiosity.

I am basically a mechanical engineer and a bit new to music systems, & electronics. So, at this moment I cannot make an amp all by myself.

If you dont mind, can you suggest an amp kit + a subwoofer or pro driver combination under 15k please... (My hall size is 11x20 feet)

It will be a great help for me.
Thank you very much
Naveen..

Hello Aniket,
(not sure if this is the right place to ask this question)

Do you sell the amps etc that you build?
Can you build an active sub for me please?
I am looking for an assembled active sub, that is possibly better that the ones available in market in the same price range.

Can you help me in this please? You can even guide me over phone or skype, and charge me for your valuable time too..
Thanks,
Naveen
[email protected]

My brother built one sub using 12" peerless driver and 300w class D amp module. He did the woodworking by himself. It literally shakes the room. I was impressed with its performance. Cost was approx 20k

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back