Want to build a pro music system mostly listening to metal music + lot of divx movies

topazamp123

Pros plz help me here...
1. A budgeted amount of 15k-25k.

2. Listening to metal music all the time. I currently own a creative inspire 4.1. I am desparate for a upgrade. I tried a gigaworks but just not satisfied with the reproduction quality. Once I had a chance to hear to a friends HT system and found its dynamic capability toooo awesome. Coming back to the point ... metal music has lot of distorted electric guitars, heavy double bass drums and highs ranging upto shreeks of rough vocals..

3. I also want to use the same set-up to watch movies through a PC. This requirement is secondary. The movies will not contain DTS or 5.1 data... It will be divx quality. But I want to extend the speakers raw power here to get some floor shaking effects..

4. What kind of setup should i go for ???

Last edited:
Re: Want to build a pro music system mostly listening to metal music + lot of divx mo

You can buy this Logitech z 2300 2.1 stereo system it gives 200 watts RMS
40 watts x 2 satellite speakers and 120 watts RMS subwoofer.. The price will be around 8000-9000 Inr ..:)

Re: Want to build a pro music system mostly listening to metal music + lot of divx mo

Hi,

The kinda music you prefer and the system required is bit of a costly affair ! but if not 5.1 you can sure buy a very decent 2 channel for the budget that you've allocated (may have to stretch a bit above 25K) !

I can suggest the following for the purpose !

1.Studiomaster 2 channel Amp E-100 (approx 12K)
2.Ahuja SWX-200P Sub
3.Either bookshelf from Wharfedale (8K) or something similar !

Otherwise the Creative or the Logitech will not be a great set-up for the music taste you have ! One more option is to give the logitech THX stuff a try ! Audition and see whether you like the sound ! if you like it then nothing like it ! Make sure you carry some of your CDs while going for Audition !!

Regards.

Hi,

The kinda music you prefer and the system required is bit of a costly affair ! but if not 5.1 you can sure buy a very decent 2 channel for the budget that you've allocated (may have to stretch a bit above 25K) !

2.Ahuja SWX-200P Sub

Otherwise the Creative or the Logitech will not be a great set-up for the music taste you have ! One more option is to give the logitech THX stuff a try ! Audition and see whether you like the sound ! if you like it then nothing like it ! Make sure you carry some of your CDs while going for Audition !!

Regards.

Make sure to get a loud amp , as those DivX movies have abnormally low volumes while encoding. Nearly 90% of my viewing is DIVX and I really need to turn up my amp for the dialogues to be audible.

if you are interested in HTIB setup I find the Yamaha series to be good VFM. Tight bass sound and should be yours for around 30k. Dunnow how it will perform with the Metal music though !!

Hi,

2.Ahuja SWX-200P Sub

Regards.

As magnet and you had suggested, I took a decision to go for the Logitech Z2300 THX .... As no one would give a demo .... and was available for 7k i went ahead and ordered one.

First impression was that it was awesome ... but after a couple o days ... i started regretin my decision.

The sound in the mids and highs were average but the BASS was the biggest dissapointment. It was bleeding all through .... there was no punch ..... it was more like a constant hummmm !!! BAD real BAD.

I also auditioned Wharfedale 9.6s ....... nope ..... they will never do for Metal !!! checked some PSBs at LAKOZY .... with NADs .... these were promising.

I am currently lost.... totally lost ...
Think I need large drivers that can take the complex music of Metal. Since lot of instruments play at insane speeds, I feel small drivers the i auditioned till date failed so !!

Thinking of Cervin Vega ?!@!!
ANY THOUGHTS !!! SUGGESTIONS ???

Cheers and thnx for the support.

Topaz:

Take a look at Yamaha speakers. They have brought their professional speakers to the consumer market also. These are bass heavy speakers.

Cheers

hi topazamp123
the best choice for u should be to go for the cinesystem 50 from JBL. this is an excellent package consisting of 5 JBL satellite speakers and a JBL subwoofer with a HARMAN-KARDON receiver. u must be knowing that JBL is one of the most preferred and widely used brands for live rock shows.

the best part is AUDIO DYNAMICS in bangalore is selling the whole package for just Rs. 30,000. this is from where i purchase my stuff.

go ahead and enquire, u will like it. their no. is 080 40902147 or u may see audiodynamicsindia.com

Purely from reading about them, it sounds like Polk Audio might have some options that may be suited...their Monitor series and RTi series appear to have characteristics and coloration perfectly suited for rock music.....but this is from what I have read....not from what I have heard myself.....anyone who has used these can tell me if my inference has any value :)

hi topazamp123
the best choice for u should be to go for the cinesystem 50 from JBL. this is an excellent package consisting of 5 JBL satellite speakers and a JBL subwoofer with a HARMAN-KARDON receiver. u must be knowing that JBL is one of the most preferred and widely used brands for live rock shows.

the best part is AUDIO DYNAMICS in bangalore is selling the whole package for just Rs. 30,000. this is from where i purchase my stuff.

go ahead and enquire, u will like it. their no. is 080 40902147 or u may see audiodynamicsindia.com

Are u sure JBL would be good. I have a JBL amp and JBL speakers in my car and the sound is very bright. In fact it is so bright that I keep my equalizer to flat and treble settings to negative ! Is the case same for Home Speakers as well ?

Are u sure JBL would be good. I have a JBL amp and JBL speakers in my car and the sound is very bright. In fact it is so bright that I keep my equalizer to flat and treble settings to negative ! Is the case same for Home Speakers as well ?

hi illusion!
the jbl home systems r not like the car audio stuff, they' re very much different. dont expect them to be like some highly priced european brand.

the price at which u get the package i recommended is truly amazing.

I am new to this forum and hence the late reply. I recently got myself an Onkyo entry level HT3100 and it came along with a Philips DVD Player with HDMI thrown in for Rs. 19,990 and it performs great for all my DivX movies. In fact so much that I am going about changing my entire movie collection to 5.1.

If not Onkyo then I would suggest checking out Yamaha as they have good products in the price range of Rs. 26k or so.

cinesystem 50 like packages are meant for movie usage IMO....
also onkyo pack 19k+...

thanks for the tips.

Are there any particular Yamaha models that is recommended so that I can go ahead and see it for myself ???

Also suggest the feasibility of Klipsch synergy series . .!!

Cheers

As magnet and you had suggested, I took a decision to go for the Logitech Z2300 THX .... As no one would give a demo .... and was available for 7k i went ahead and ordered one.

First impression was that it was awesome ... but after a couple o days ... i started regretin my decision.

The sound in the mids and highs were average but the BASS was the biggest dissapointment. It was bleeding all through .... there was no punch ..... it was more like a constant hummmm !!! BAD real BAD.

I also auditioned Wharfedale 9.6s ....... nope ..... they will never do for Metal !!! checked some PSBs at LAKOZY .... with NADs .... these were promising.

I am currently lost.... totally lost ...
Think I need large drivers that can take the complex music of Metal. Since lot of instruments play at insane speeds, I feel small drivers the i auditioned till date failed so !!

Thinking of Cervin Vega ?!@!!
ANY THOUGHTS !!! SUGGESTIONS ???

Cheers and thnx for the support.

Topazamp, I believe Wharfedale has a separate line of speakers called Xarus exactly for this kind of usage. Why not try and give them an audition. I think they are priced very competitively too.

Pros plz help me here...
1. A budgeted amount of 15k-25k.

2. Listening to metal music all the time. I currently own a creative inspire 4.1. I am desparate for a upgrade. I tried a gigaworks but just not satisfied with the reproduction quality. Once I had a chance to hear to a friends HT system and found its dynamic capability toooo awesome. Coming back to the point ... metal music has lot of distorted electric guitars, heavy double bass drums and highs ranging upto shreeks of rough vocals..

3. I also want to use the same set-up to watch movies through a PC. This requirement is secondary. The movies will not contain DTS or 5.1 data... It will be divx quality. But I want to extend the speakers raw power here to get some floor shaking effects..

4. What kind of setup should i go for ???

if youre looking for something 'pro' sounding and looking check out the cerwin vega speakers.

if youre looking for something 'pro' sounding and looking check out the cerwin vega speakers.

Ok ... you are not the first one say that ... thanks ... i am having pretty high expectations from Cerwin Vega.

How and where do i audition them ??? I heard Inorbit Mall (Mumbai) had them CLS series ... but when i checked recently, i learned it is closed. Where else in mumbai can i chk them out.

Also Cerwin Vega owners can help me out here by sharing their experiences. BTW my budget has increased to 50k INR.

Soooo.. any pointers from here !!!
thnx all !!

Ok ... you are not the first one say that ... thanks ... i am having pretty high expectations from Cerwin Vega.

How and where do i audition them ??? I heard Inorbit Mall (Mumbai) had them CLS series ... but when i checked recently, i learned it is closed. Where else in mumbai can i chk them out.

Also Cerwin Vega owners can help me out here by sharing their experiences. BTW my budget has increased to 50k INR.

thnx all !!

Why dont you give Polk Audio a try . I remember in my last trip to US, I had demoed POLK Audio speakers in Best Buy . They were playing Santana on the same and the sound was just amazing especially the bass guitar !!!

thnx all !!

India Rivera International
397A-1B, Mangaldas House, Naaz Cinema Compound, Lamington Road, Mumbai - 4, India Tel: 91 22 23800555
Fax:
email: [email protected].

India Rivera International
397A-1B, Mangaldas House, Naaz Cinema Compound, Lamington Road, Mumbai - 4, India Tel: 91 22 23800555
Fax:
email: [email protected].

Well thnx for the response regarding the address. I had visited the same place after getting the details from the official website of Cerwin Vega. The guy at the counter said that the office was meant to be a sales office and contained no demo speakers let alone a demo room.

If this has changed , then plz let me know so that I can give it another shot !!

1. Do they have the CLS range for demo ????
2. if so then anyone chked them out ??
3. What amps do they use for the demo ???

I plan to buy a NAD 355 or similar stuff from Rotel ... does the "Lammington Road" shop have any such amps for demo >??

Thnx for all the support so far!!
Cheers

topaz
they are the importers. you need to call them and find out who their dealers are

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back