Want to buy good AVR ~30k INR

manas2mail

Hi Friends,

I want to buy good AVR ~30k INR, my main purpose is for 70% are music and 30% videos. and topmost priority is sound quality bass. I have shortlisted below systems.

Yamaha RX-V377: -
Sony STR-DH550: -
Pioneer VSX-524-K: -
Denon AVR-S500 BT: -

Could you please advice me which one will be best for me or something else would be better for this requirement.

Thanks in Advance.
Manas Ghosh

Hi there is a NAD AVR for sale, pl check the same. We hardly get such AVRs in the for the sale section. If you want new I suggest a Marantz anytime. After using Yamaha, Onkyo & Marantz I vouch for Marantz. Even the power figures are quoted conservatively and the sound signature is liked by many. Best of luck

You can get marantz nr1504 for about 32k. I got mine for 32.5k from a dealer in mumbai fairdeal electronics.
7IwQaH

Thank you all of you for useful reply.. it is really helpful..
But i m very new in this field. I don't know if I m totally wrong then plz forgive me.

My priority is music (70%) with very impressive bass and movie 30%(5.1) surrounding sound system for 12x14 room.

I want to buy one budget AVR with average 5.1 (speakers+sub woofer). I dont have any blu ray system. So i want to play music or movie from my hard disc directly. Will it give me optimize output?

Is this the correct way to connect this components or i need to also buy something else.

I wanted to buy good HT(combo) but from online research I got that HT are waste of money.

So, I am planning this. is this correct approach?

Please advice me.

Thanks in advance
Manas Ghosh

If your priority is 70% music, you can go for a stereo setup (2.0 or 2.1).
Please specify your budget as it will help us to suggest.
If you intend to play movies from hdd, you will require a media player/ Htpc.
No HT is a waste of money if you really want to watch it. On the other hand, sometimes everything seems to be waste of money. :D

if you build the system step by step, which I did, you will end up having a far better system than HT in box but you might end up spending 3-4 times more than your budget. lol.

Thank you all of you for useful reply.. it is really helpful..
But i m very new in this field. I don't know if I m totally wrong then plz forgive me.

My priority is music (70%) with very impressive bass and movie 30%(5.1) surrounding sound system for 12x14 room.

I want to buy one budget AVR with average 5.1 (speakers+sub woofer). I dont have any blu ray system. So i want to play music or movie from my hard disc directly. Will it give me optimize output?

Is this the correct way to connect this components or i need to also buy something else.

I wanted to buy good HT(combo) but from online research I got that HT are waste of money.

So, I am planning this. is this correct approach?

Please advice me.

Thanks in advance
Manas Ghosh

Please spend sometime reading the most recent threads in what should i buy section of the forum... When you read, you will get rough idea, with that you can take help from FM from your city who can guide you like what RMCWS did....

My budget is arround 50-60k.

Yes, you are correct that it is never be in any budget. So, I want to setup as of now in this budget but later on I can enhance or add some more components. It will be wise choice if i now buy AVR so later on if movie will preference then I can add one extra blu ray player.

Is this good idea?

My budget is arround 50-60k.

Yes, you are correct that it is never be in any budget. So, I want to setup as of now in this budget but later on I can enhance or add some more components. It will be wise choice if i now buy AVR so later on if movie will preference then I can add one extra blu ray player.

Is this good idea?
-------------------------------------------------------
As you mentioned that your priority is 70% music, I would suggest you buy an integrated amp. AV receivers , above 1 lakh, do justice to music; but entry-level av receivers are good for movies, not good for music.

There can be no best speaker. If in budget of 60-75k wpuld say the boston acoustics a26 bookshelf+center+surround+asw650 subwoofer combo will work the best. Since ba and marantz pair well. Marantz can pair with most speaker brands as they are very soft and will sound sweet and musical on any set. Finally budget is what is the constraint and sometimes if we choose to build in stages then we end up with getting a kickass audivideo setup which later turns into a dedicated home theater dream which one starts craving for. Howvever music is a very important part and well said that for the price you pay for an avr for example: 30k you will get all the processing power, features, power, etc for 5channels or more. But incase of a stereo amplifier you will get sheer performance and will concentrate more on quality components for just two channels by getting a stereo amplifier for around 30k. If you need music as a main performer and movies for their lovely surround effects and thump and bang......go for marantz which is a balance between good music and movies. If you can have two setups.....one for movies and separate for stereo music that would be the best. This is only if you have the money and the space of keeping two setups....:rolleyes:

Hi All,

My requirements are
1. Very good sound quality (crystal clear). (High Watt not require. 40-50W is ok)
2. 5.1 surrounding sound for movies
3. 60% : 40% for Music : Movies
4. Listen mostly soft music
5. 8 ohms speakers
6. Budget or economy solution requires.

I havs shortlisted following systems, please give me your valuable suggestions and more importantly thier respective prices. SO I can finalize my budget.

1. Marantz NR1504 AVR + Boston Acoustics XS5.1
2. Marantz NR1504 AVR + Denon SYS-5.1 Speaker
3. Marantz NR1504 AVR+ Pioneer SP-3335TT-5.1 Speaker
4. Denon AVR-X500 + Denon SYS 5.1

I want to spend ~50k INR for this systems. Are they good options or need to change something? Also let me know current prices(negotiation rates).

Thanks in advance
Manas Ghosh
Kolkata, India

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back