Want to buy Onkyo TX-NR609 from Ebay GEB

harry1236

Hi,

I'm from India, New Delhi. I'm interested in purchasing the receiver Onkyo TX-NR609 from Global Easy Buy. I'm little confused, please help me out.

1) The cost of the receiver is around Rs.36000/- from GEB and in India it cost around Rs.50,000/-.
2) In the US the power supply is AC 120v 60Hz but in India its 220v 50Hz, so can it be operated Properly by using step down transformer?
3) I've called up ebay customer care and they are saying you won't get warranty in India. In case any problem occur can it be repaired here in India?

Considering all these issues will it worth to purchase from GEB?

Thanks

I just got it from GEB Ebay. 33k + 3.5k for the stepdown.

The repairs can be done by Onkyo India. Though no warranty will be there here. I think many users are using Onky receivers from US without any problems.

Go for it. It should delivered in 7-9 days

Hi,

I am also currently deciding where to buy exactly this receiver. In you case, I would suggest buying straight from amazon. There are 2 options here ...
1) amazon.com -> cost including shipping comes <32k (110V product)
+ transformer cost
2) amazon.de -> cost including shipping comes <36k (220V product)

I think both these alternatives, imho, better that ebay.

Amazon.com does not deliver to India directly. If you are thinking about shopyouworld then ignore. They suck bigtime.

Dunno about amazon.de

I had ordered earlier from SYW. I got it cancelled. Still waiting for the refund.
25K+7K=32 K.
They will call u after a week asking for approx 4k money for shipping because the package will be above 5kg. Be sure of that. And they take HELLLL LOT of time to deliver.

Bad deal, as ebay as cheaper rates and they ship way faster than SYW. I ordered mine from GEB ebay. Already received and enjoying it.

Amazon.com does not deliver to India directly. If you are thinking about shopyouworld then ignore. They suck bigtime.

Dunno about amazon.de

Both .com & .de ship the concerned receiver to India ... The costs that I provided are inclusive of shipping & customs (i.e. I added the item to cart & completed the process sans the final order).

Both .com & .de ship the concerned receiver to India ... The costs that I provided are inclusive of shipping & customs (i.e. I added the item to cart & completed the process sans the final order).

Do they have 240V models?

Add the receiver to your cart.. go to checkout and see. It will tell that the product cannot be delivered to your country/address (if you have India selected).

Amazon does not ship electronics Items to India as far as I know.

Not tried for .de site.

Add the receiver to your cart.. go to checkout and see. It will tell that the product cannot be delivered to your country/address (if you have India selected).

Not tried for .de site.

Other option can be aramex.

NEVER buy from SYW... I ordered my TX NR 609 from SYW and I am still waiting for its delivery!

My first preference was Amazon which I realized doesn't ship electronics to India directly... Not sure about its DE counterpart though so you may want to check it out!

From whatever I've been reading at this forum, it seems Ebay GEB would be the best bet... Not sure as I don't have any first hand experience with Ebay. I always prefer Amazon but heck they don't ship electronics to India :(

The DE website might ship.. read somewhere in forum that they use DHL to ship.
However, DHL charge a lot.

I would love to know if it is possible to order from there and what will be the total cost... but the german language is hard to get while ordering. I reached to the stage where it asked the card info for payment. It was not showing the shipping charges though.

Not tried for .de site.

My first preference was Amazon which I realized doesn't ship electronics to India directly... Not sure about its DE counterpart though so you may want to check it out!

Hrm ... repeating this for the last time ...

Attachments

• amazon_com_price_onkyo609.jpg
    amazon_com_price_onkyo609.jpg
    13.2 KB · Views: 142
I checked with amazon.de and I could reach the checkout page which means they would ship to India
Order Summary Amazon.de
Articles: EUR 369.28
Packaging & Shipping: EUR 40.00
Total excluding VAT: EUR 409.28
VAT: EUR 0.00
Advance payment of import fee: EUR 127.19
Total amount: EUR 536.47

~35K @66Rs/EUR.
What is the currency rate applied if one pays through credit/debit card?

Edit: at 628$ US version is cheaper but one will have to spend on voltage convertor.

Any idea where I can get a demo on Onkyo 609 in Pune?

PS: This can help you translate : https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/fi...ary-and-google-t/versions/?page=1#version-3.1

Last edited:
Hrm ... repeating this for the last time ...

A few days before it was not possible on .com specifically for Onkyo 609 as I had checked on .com and it gave the red warnings! But I checked now and it is indeed possible.:yahoo:

A few days before it was not possible on .com specifically for Onkyo 609 as I had checked on .com and it gave the red warnings! But I checked now and it is indeed possible.:yahoo:

Awesome! I had to buy some blank Blu-Ray Disks :D. Will go check

If anyone orders the 609 then please update of the status. Will be great to know.

Last edited:
Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back