Want to listen to the Topping D50 and E30.

sudhirdamerla

Hello all,
I still haven't zeroed in on a DAC to replace my MHDT Havana. It is getting impractical to swap inputs from Apple TV / PS /RBP and the power on sequence to to make sure the relays kick in before turning on the speakers. Im looking for a simple remote switchable input DAC and the topping seem to be simple and easy. Now the thing is, is there a kind soul in Bangalore who can lend me theirs so I can compare / listen on my setup? I know they won't have the analog sound of the R2R DAC, but have a TT setup for that. Im looking at these from a practical / convenience stand point.
Willing to buy beer / coffee!
Cheers,
Sudhir

Thank you Sudhir for your offer. I mean that is too kind of you and Toppings products are really worth its price. The top model A90, D70 etc must be amazing still I feel E30 is worth it's price. This much I can say that without even auditioning you can go for it.

I had no option to audition, so I just ordered an E30.
Been using it since the past six months and I really like it.
I use it with my Allo USBridge Signature Player. Have also connected my TV to it and we watch movies in stereo.
It is value for money. The USB input is very well implemented, I've read.
In case you don't like it, I'm sure you can sell it here and will find lots of people who want to buy it from you.

Please tell me which to purchase -

Can I connect Scaler it to my Arcam ilink Dac?

Or https://avstore.in/collections/lindemann/products/lindemann-limetree-network

I had no option to audition, so I just ordered an E30.
Been using it since the past six months and I really like it.
I use it with my Allo USBridge Signature Player. Have also connected my TV to it and we watch movies in stereo.
It is value for money. The USB input is very well implemented, I've read.
In case you don't like it, I'm sure you can sell it here and will find lots of people who want to buy it from you.
Yes, looks like that is the way to go. The Aune x8 is something I also have my eyes on!

Thank you Sudhir for your offer. I mean that is too kind of you and Toppings products are really worth its price. The top model A90, D70 etc must be amazing still I feel E30 is worth it's price. This much I can say that without even auditioning you can go for it.
My dad has the E30, but he has used so many vintage Dacs , he is enjoying the slight brightness of the e30 as it matches his hearing. He is 65 so.. :) . Unfortunately the pandemic is keeping me from going and visiting my folks. Otherwise I would have loved to play with his Sony DAT /Havan /E30 on the same system.

My dad has the E30, but he has used so many vintage Dacs , he is enjoying the slight brightness of the e30 as it matches his hearing. He is 65 so.. :) . Unfortunately the pandemic is keeping me from going and visiting my folks. Otherwise I would have loved to play with his Sony DAT /Havan /E30 on the same system.
I am also your dad's age-10. Also my taste is hearing bright sounding system and I like loudness, my hearing is ok though.

Please tell me which to purchase -

Can I connect Scaler it to my Arcam ilink Dac?

Or https://avstore.in/collections/lindemann/products/lindemann-limetree-network
I purchased RME dac last week, I am liking it alot compared to my old audiogd dac, it has very smooth sound but very good clarity and tone. Vocals sound very natural and stereo seperation is very good. However, for electronic music I feel audiogd has more punch and slam but in RME there is loudness option which saught of makes for it to some extent also it's bass/treble control and equaliser don't suck life out of music. It has a good preamp section with low output impedance so I have connected directly to power amp.

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back