Wanted 32'/40' inch LED TV with FULL HD and 100hz refresh rate-Plz Kindly advice

mahesh_chandra80

Hi Friends,

After a lot of research on Google, brainstorming, I have decided to go for an FULL HD LED Tv with a refresh rate of 100 hz preferably.

My budget is around 35-38k. I am also open to buying in grey market. I am residing in Bangalore. Could you please advice me a model which meets the following criteria and still lies within my budget mentioned above.

My requirements are as below:

1. It should be a full hd (i.e. 1080p). To be able to use it as a monitor when required and to be able to play games on this screen.

2. 32 inches or 40/42 inch max.

3. Action/Sports freak, so would love to have refresh rate of at least 100hz.

4. To be able to connect to USB harddisk and play mostly avi formats(if not all formats)

4.Not worried about IPS panel or SPVA. Both have their own advantages/disadvantages.

5. No need of SMART TV features or 3D features.

6. Confused between Panasonic, Samsung and LG. Although have seen few Panasonic 32 inch models and was impressed with those, but didn't find 100hz refresh rate and 1080p both together in the same model.

Will the people in Grey market, have demo pieces wherein we can see the picture clarity of the models which we want to buy there. Other than no bill & no warranty, are there any other hiccups in buying from Grey Market.

Regards
Mahesh

What all sets did you check? getting an 40 INCH LED with real 100Hz panel in 35-38k is not possible.

Sony 40EX430 ..... grey market Delhi @ 37K installed ... :)

Please dont suggest wrong models to him, 40ex430 has 50/60Hz screen which is advertised as motionflow XR100/120 achieved by frame interpolation, all the 40 inch sets in that price range have 60hz screen.

Last edited:
Hi Friends,

How about the below models, probably from grey market i might get well within 40k range...can you guys advice please as to which model is the best among the below....

1. Panasonic TH-L42E30D (E-LED(meaning Edge Lit i think), 100hz, IPS Alpha Panel, FULL HD.

2.LG 42LV5500 --> 1080p (meaning FULL HD), 120hz and with SMART TV

3.Sony 40EX650 --> 1080p, Edge lit, 100hz, Internet connectivity
Also how about Sony 40EX520 (they say it has good 2D content) ???

Also what is the difference between Backlit and Edgelit. Heard Sony 40EX430 is a Backlit model while Sony 40EX650, 40ex430 are Edge lit models...Does Backlit in any way mean better picture quality ???

4. Samsung 5000 or 5500 --> Heard that SD content doesn't look good..
However even this is FULL HD, 100hz but doesn't have a webbrowser

Please kindly help to decide among the above. Also, if any of you know how much these models cost in Grey market of Bangalore(Sukh Sagar Mall, Burma Bazaar etc). Kindly please let me know....

Last edited:
@mahesh_chandra80,

Out of the models you mentioned, the Sony EX650 is way ahead than the rest with Samsung 5 Series coming close.

Research and read all about backlit and edge-lit LED technology on the web. Both don't mean too much unless the technology is supported by local dimming that enhances black level and contrast.

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back