WANTED MUSICAL FLOOR STANDS FOR PURLY TWO CHANNEL AUDIO

PNSHR

Hello to all, I am new member on this firm and this is my first post. I am looking for musical floor stands for my class A mono blocks. The mono's are Pass Labs based diy amps and it's deliver 100 class A watts/8 ohms and 350 class AB watts/8 ohms per Channel.

My current speakers are Dynaudio special edition model called "craft". This monitor having difficult to handle the power, hence am looking for floor stands.

My other equipments are Ayre QB 9 DSD, OPPO BDP 83 (Modwright SS moded), Siltech XLR and Speaker cables.

My budget will be 1.5 K

Thanks in advance for your recommendations.

Rabbani

Could you elaborate on the Dynaudio speakers having difficult to handle the power ? Is it too much power or too less?

The amp delivering class A 100 watts/8 ohms were as my monitor handle max 70 watts/4 ohms i e more power.

The Crafft model was a special edition studio monitor. Generally Dynaudio bookshelves are very power hungry speakers. Even the then entry level Audience 52 would do well being driven by the 250w/8 ohm Parasound A21. What is going wrong with the system that makes you think the speakers cant handle the power? Could it be that their impedance dips too low and that is causing issues with the amp?

Jai1611 - Tks for info. I will check the designer whether the amp has any issue.

efernant1- Self registered the seat but due to some personal issue am unable to attend this exhibit.

Below speakers on my mind ....need suggestions from you all.

Polkaudio RTI A9
Sonus Faber Chameleon T
Martin Logan Motion XT

The amp delivering class A 100 watts/8 ohms were as my monitor handle max 70 watts/4 ohms i e more power.

You could try the following brands that could suit your amplifier and the budget. All these are available in Chennai ranging between 1L to 1.5L.
  • Focal Aria / Electra series
  • Monitor Audio Bronze / Silver series
    KEF Q950 / Q750 available at PROFX
  • Triangle Signature Speakers (Various models are available)
  • Klipsch Towers (Reference / Reference Premier - They are higher sensitivity (98dB) and 8 ohms speakers can handle raw power effortlessly from the amplifier. Version 2 has been introduced recently)
  • BIC America Acoustech Platinum PL-980 (They are equally higher sensitivity (98dB) speakers at 8 ohms. It has dual woofer, dual passive radiator, mid range and horn tweeter)
  • DALI Opticon / Rubicon / Epicon series
  • PSB Imagine X series
and many more.

Preferred would be to take your amplifier with you and audition if possible.

Last edited:
Good question. Let's clarify you...
1)My initial thought was Dynaudio speakers are power hungry speakers on tt basis i ask designer to made hi power monoblock amp.But, my monitors unable to handle the power.
2) The amp is not branded to sell eaisly and on my own requirements the designer made the amps spending nearly 3 lakhs.

So, the only option is to buy a capable speakers.

I did not know there is such a thing as too much power. What pre-amplifier are you using in the chain? Could you elaborate on the rest of your gear?

Good question. Let's clarify you...
1)My initial thought was Dynaudio speakers are power hungry speakers on tt basis i ask designer to made hi power monoblock amp.But, my monitors unable to handle the power.
2) The amp is not branded to sell eaisly and on my own requirements the designer made the amps spending nearly 3 lakhs.

So, the only option is to buy a capable speakers.

Dear pnshr

Request you to put up a picture of your amplifier.

Am keen to see it.

Your problem is the reverse of what people normally have - underpowered Amp

Regards

Dear pnshr

Request you to put up a picture of your amplifier.

Am keen to see it.

Your problem is the reverse of what people normally have - underpowered Amp

Regards

Plz find below the pictures ...

Attachments

• 20180901_222957.jpg
    20180901_222957.jpg
    309.3 KB · Views: 61
  • 20180901_223959.jpg
    20180901_223959.jpg
    329.9 KB · Views: 61
These are huge !

Can you not convert mono to stereo And reduce to 50w ?

50w class A is more than sufficient.

Regards

4 ohm speakers usually require a much robust amp when played loud. A good amp should be able to handle upto 2 ohms stable, and double in watts when you go from 8 to 4 ohms.

It should be possible

Will involve some modifications

But pre Amp can be same

Sound signature will be same

U can potentially sell the additional amp
And make some money

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back