"Warning! Warranty Void if Used on UPS/Inverter Power"

Thanks for the replies guys.
I don't have the budget for an expensive UPS at this moment, so is it better to buy a low cost approximated sinewave UPS than nothing?

I was planning to buy a VGuard stabilizer but there are a lot of negative feedback on Flipkart. So I am thinking of getting a basic APC UPS (Stepped approximation to a sinewave).

Correct, never use hi-fi equipment on UPS/inverter power. A voltage stabilizer is fine though. Whats the freaking necessity to connect TV/hi-fi gadgets to battery source if there is a power cut?

I am not really keen on running it when there is a power cut! But some time there is voltage fluctuation and when there is a power cut there is a sudden restart (as there is a few milliseconds gap before the home ups/inv kicks in) - I just want to shut the system down safely in such situations.

Thanks for the replies guys.
I don't have the budget for an expensive UPS at this moment, so is it better to buy a low cost approximated sinewave UPS than nothing?

I was planning to buy a VGuard stabilizer but there are a lot of negative feedback on Flipkart. So I am thinking of getting a basic APC UPS (Stepped approximation to a sinewave).

I am not really keen on running it when there is a power cut! But some time there is voltage fluctuation and when there is a power cut there is a sudden restart (as there is a few milliseconds gap before the home ups/inv kicks in) - I just want to shut the system down safely in such situations.

You GOT it absolutely right. It is the RE-START which is the biggest cause of worry and that is that is only parameter that goes against usage of inverters for hi-fi. The same thing is true when power returns after any cuts. So, as a rule just shut-off your hi-fi in case of any power outrages. Simple!

VGuard stabilizers are quite ok quality-wise. I have been using them since the last 4 years with my hi-fi without any issues. The only aspect I took care was to settle for a model suitable for ACs. That means, went for a 'much' higher capacity than actually required! The stabilizers have both low as well as high voltage cut-offs, and it works! Have seen it happen both ways. AND possibly due to the very high capacity it MIGHT also have catered to dampening any surges that came in once a while. I have noticed during such phases the ceiling fan takes off suddenly for a very brief period. Similarly, the room lights shine brighter, again momentarily. During such periods too, my hi-fi, TV included had behaved normally. So, technically I have seen it happen and am convinced!

Last edited:
You GOT it absolutely right. It is the RE-START which is the biggest cause of worry and that is that is only parameter that goes against usage of inverters for hi-fi. The same thing is true when power returns after any cuts. So, as a rule just shut-off your hi-fi in case of any power outrages. Simple!

In the Microtek inverter i have, there is a switch in the back which help to avoid re-start during power cut / change. Earlier my system (TV, AVR, DTH) which are connected to my inverter (and a v-guard digital stabilizer in between) used restart during power cuts. Then my friend from whom i bought the inverter asked me to toggle the switch in the back and after that my system is not restarting. I hardly notice any flicker during the power cut / change these days. This may not be an ideal setup as many pointed out in the earlier posts till one can afford to have a smart UPS.

I think My sub is just dead cuz I recently put every electronics on inverter :(
what if they say be true?
nyways im putting everything outta inverter,

but power shortage is a big issue here.

any other alternatives?

I think My sub is just dead cuz I recently put every electronics on inverter :(
what if they say be true?
nyways im putting everything outta inverter,

but power shortage is a big issue here.

any other alternatives?

please make sure the inverter is rated 2-3 times the power needed of the components

It is a fact that modified sine wave/square wave inverters are more common in the market than pure sine wave inverters and UPS. They are not so good for many digital devices like computers and digital clocks among many other items. But if you are using a pure sine wave inverter or UPS, most of the devices work as good as in a direct power. But I think the manufacturers of many such devices are taking extra precaution by warning users to avoid using them with any kind of backup power devices.

The voiding of warranty is stupid if they don't qualify their statement. It may be true that a square wave inverter or ups could harm the gear, but it is irresponsible to deny warranties for sine wave.

I used my gear without any protection for 2-3 years. I had an amp fail, another amp (sub) get damaged, a tv conking off, a htpc failed.

Installed a double conversion true sine true on-line ups 5 years ago, and nothing has ever given a problem after that, so no matter what stupid dealers say, I would never go back to plugging my gear direct to MSEB!

Hi Everyone,

I was in the same confusion whether to buy a stabilizer or an UPS. Off course both are for different purpose. But a stabilizer protects only(though its important) from power fluctuations. My requirement is just to stop the devices safely when the power goes off. Will a normal UPS will help me to solve my purpose ? or do i have to buy a sinewave ups. kindly suggest.

As of now am using belkin surge protectors for all the devices, Till now i didnt have any power fluctuations in my Apt.

Thanks,

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back