WD TV Live Hub - Price Drop in Mumbai

terence_fdes

Hi. This might interest folks. WD TV Live Hub [with built-in 1TB ] price has dropped to Rs 6600/- in Mumbai.

WD has been one of the oldest in HD Media Players and the volumes that they have sold around the world speak for their stability too. Those interested may consider this as an option.

PLEASE READ POST NO 13 BELOW. THE PRICE DROP INFORMATION IS INCORRECT

Last edited by a moderator:
Does the WDLIVE comes with HD? I'm also looking for a good deal, but I feel anything below 6k will be worth looking.

Sent from my Nexus S using Tapatalk

Nice price...Apply if any 10% coupon available and get more discount... But the drawback is still it will not pass thru the DTS-HD..

Hi Srini,
The Sidewinder passes through DT HD, right? I was also looking at two new players the AC Ryan Playon Mini HD2 and Xtreamer Prodigy.

If there are any firmware upgrades for the Live Hub, will it be possible to pass through DTS MA?

Hi Srini,
The Sidewinder passes through DT HD, right? I was also looking at two new players the AC Ryan Playon Mini HD2 and Xtreamer Prodigy.

If there are any firmware upgrades for the Live Hub, will it be possible to pass through DTS MA?

Yes!! Xtreamer SD pass thru DTS-HD and prodigy should be an good buy since it has USB 3.0 which may(I hope) help for streaming Full HD(high bitrate/Full BD rips) flawlessly.

As per some US forums, I believe there will not be any future firmware for pass thru for DTS-HD for WDTV.

Hi. This might interest folks. WD TV Live Hub [with built-in 1TB ] price has dropped to Rs 6600/- in Mumbai.

WD has been one of the oldest in HD Media Players and the volumes that they have sold around the world speak for their stability too. Those interested may consider this as an option.

This cannot be true and is unbeleivable. Most probably a rumour. Have any link to support your contention ?

Last edited:
This cannot be true and is unbeleivable. Most probably a rumour. Have any link to support your contention ?

APOLOGIES TO ALL. What I heard was a rumour and apparently it was ONLY the cost of the Unit without the Hard-Disk from a dealer in Andheri-east Mumbai.

SO THE ACTUAL COST IS STILL Rs. 11400/-

I regret the confusion that I created and will be more careful the next time. Hopefully cross check with 2-3 other dealers before I post any such news. I truly am embarrassed.

APOLOGIES TO ALL. What I heard was a rumour and apparently it was ONLY the cost of the Unit without the Hard-Disk from a dealer in Andheri-east Mumbai.

I regret the confusion that I created and will be more careful the next time. Hopefully cross check with 2-3 other dealers before I post any such news. I truly am embarrassed.

When the WD TV Live was introduced in Dec. 2010 several reviewers had posted the price as Rs.9,900 including the 1 TB hard drive. Did the price go up since then to Rs.11,400?

When the WD TV Live was introduced in Dec. 2010 several reviewers had posted the price as Rs.9,900 including the 1 TB hard drive. Did the price go up since then to Rs.11,400?

I agree it's confusing. But this is what the dealer quoted today. Mine was gifted in Jan and Rs9990/- was the price then.

But there is no live hub without HDD . I dont find any such model even in the wd portal. Is the dealer selling it after removing the hdd?. Wont it void warranty ?

it takes courage to admit mistakes.in fact thanks ,u saved many Members time.

Hi
I would like to know which is a good affordable Media Player, most people I spoke to prefer the Asus HDR1, I have a 2Tb HDD WD (4400/-) and a hard disc dock 2500/-, I can watch recordings thru my TV (Samsung) USB but cannot watch all files nor can I play it thru my Amp for which I req a Media Player, so kindly advise (Asus presently 4500/-)
Tks

Last edited:
The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back