wd tv live - issues

nandac

have been tinkering with the player for the last few days.

some issues :

1. any idea what the wd process is named, so that i can exclude it in the firewall, rather than disable the firewall itself? else i am not able to access network drives on computers hooked to my router.

2. i don't want to keep on downloading stuff to my pc, copy it to a external harddrive, then hook that harddrive to the wdtvl to play it. so what is the solution without all this hooking/unhooking? i tried mapping the external harddisk hooked to the wdtl, to my computer. but copying from local drive to that is very slow. (btw i found that there is a kensington sharecentral 2, which is supposed to hookup same external hd to two computers (or wdtvl?). not sure how the copy speed would be there).

3. the ideal solution to the above is ofcourse streaming from a network drive, which wdtvl is supposed to be capable of. but when i tried it, it was so slow. and there was no audio either. anybody encountered this?

appreciate insights/suggestions.

About the first question: if you have windows then you can simply add a firewall exception pointing to the wd live exe/application file. Or you can use a dlna server to stream to your wd live. The server setup will add the firewall exception itself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For point 2, there are custom Firmware available freely which enables direct download through wdtv (torrent etc.) so that you can keep out your pc of the equation.

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back