WD TV Live - MKV file cant be read

amigoatul

The problem is im able to join 2 mkv files using mkvmergeGUI but the resulting single mkv file is not readable in the WD Live TV media player. It just hangs with a spinning circle whenever i try to play such a file.
The funny thing is these 2 files were created from a single file using the same tool, mkvmergeGUI.
Is there any setting i need to change while joining these two files?
Any other applications that allow me to join two mkv files without altering any video/audio settings of the file?

The problem is im able to join 2 mkv files using mkvmergeGUI but the resulting single mkv file is not readable in the WD Live TV media player. It just hangs with a spinning circle whenever i try to play such a file.
The funny thing is these 2 files were created from a single file using the same tool, mkvmergeGUI.
Is there any setting i need to change while joining these two files?
Any other applications that allow me to join two mkv files without altering any video/audio settings of the file?

What version of MKVmerge r u using, new ones are giving some problems, try using the older version. 3.4.0 or older should work. Give it a try.

http://www.videohelp.com/download/mkvtoolnix-unicode-3.3.0-setup.exe

Last edited:
The newest version has an option to disable header compression by default, also The latest beta firmwares for the WDTV Live support compressed MKV headers.

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back