WDTV 1st Gen stutter problem

The_Falcon

I have a WDTV 1st gen player and am facing huge issues while playing 1080P MKVs. The video stutters a lot with broken sound. I hav tried it with two diff. Files both 1080P - same issue, it it not capable of playing 1080P? The source is a 1TB Seagte ext. Powered HDD attached via USB.

Thanks in advance !

Sent from my BlackBerry 8520 using Tapatalk

1) Update Firmware
if not works
2) De fragment HDD
If still issues
3) Delete wd related file on HDD - reattach HDD - it will take time to scan - then see if works

PLESE REPORT WHAT HAPPENS - it will be helpful

Guyss....

I need a small information. Does it make any difference if i have a Hard disk USB 3.0 and HD media player with 3.0 when compared to 2.0?

I mean...having 3.0 in both the devices give any xtra speed or comfort when compared to USB 2.0?

Guyss....

I need a small information. Does it make any difference if i have a Hard disk USB 3.0 and HD media player with 3.0 when compared to 2.0?

I mean...having 3.0 in both the devices give any xtra speed or comfort when compared to USB 2.0?

please can you start a different thread?

I moved the whole file to my HDD on the PC and moved it back to the external HDD. Still the same issue. When I played the file from my PC, same issue. I guess somethng wrong with the file, as the HDD on my PC was rcently formatted and there is lie 130GB of free space. And I cannot defragment my External HDD, as it has an NTFS file system and I am using Ubuntu right now. I will get a screen sot of file attributes in he evening and post it here.

I have a WDTV 1st gen player and am facing huge issues while playing 1080P MKVs. The video stutters a lot with broken sound. I hav tried it with two diff. Files both 1080P - same issue, it it not capable of playing 1080P? The source is a 1TB Seagte ext. Powered HDD attached via USB.

Thanks in advance !

Sent from my BlackBerry 8520 using Tapatalk

Even I've got the same problem when I play from my 1st gen WDTV. But I tried playing the same file from my HTPC and the video's fine. (I couldn't get sound output from the HDMI out on my graphic card though) Anyways I'll be upgrading to either an HTPC or popcorn hour200 soon.:D

the first gen wdtv had issues playing 1080p files though they claimed that it is capable of playing 1080p.. whats the file size folks ??

blasto can help you with the inputs.. he got a first gen wdtv....

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back