Weekend task (Steinberg WaveLab Element 10)

bornfi

Fellow members, All those who have their CDs ripped stored in FLAC, .WAV etc, I like you to download the audio editing software Steinberg WaveLab Element 10 trial version and play your music through it. Though it may appear cumbersome but the output is just fantastic. I either use foobar or VLC but playing through Steinberg WaveLab is as good as component upgrade.

Here is what happened. Since it was bit light at office today, knowing that ASIO is from Steinberg, just became curious and downloaded this software. When I played on my PC with no DAC or any special headphones, I was surprised to hear the separation and placement. Then I installed the same on my audio system's PC and yes, this piece of player is different or rather, I should say, it is the real player.

Please try and share you experience here so that I can also assess as to who all has similar kind of hearing :).

Here is the link because I just realized that in the title I mentioned the name incorrectly.

Last edited by a moderator:
Fellow members, All those who have their CDs ripped stored in FLAC, .WAV etc, I like you to download the audio editing software Steinberg WaveLab Element 10 trial version and play your music through it. Though it may appear cumbersome but the output is just fantastic. I either use foobar or VLC but playing through Steinberg WaveLab is as good as component upgrade.

Here is what happened. Since it was bit light at office today, knowing that ASIO is from Steinberg, just became curious and downloaded this software. When I played on my PC with no DAC or any special headphones, I was surprised to hear the separation and placement. Then I installed the same on my audio system's PC and yes, this piece of player is different or rather, I should say, it is the real player.

Please try and share you experience here so that I can also assess as to who all has similar kind of hearing :).

Here is the link because I just realized that in the title I mentioned the name incorrectly.

Looks like it’s available for Mac too. Will try and compare with Audirvana

THANKS for the pointer, I Have downloaded the trial version, and just understood the basic operating procedure

It IS better than JRiver (Win10, via USB playback)... for sound quality.

Background grunge is much lower, increasing resolution, and providing a much cleaner & sharper focused soundstage.

Sadly, its library, indexing n cover art presentation is practically absent, as is track title search. But that is to be expected, since this program is created for a completely different application ( mastering).

Anyone also tried / compared with Adobe Audition ? I will probably try that over the weekend.

THANKS for the pointer, I Have downloaded the trial version, and just understood the basic operating procedure

It IS better than JRiver (Win10, via USB playback)... for sound quality.

Background grunge is much lower, increasing resolution, and providing a much cleaner & sharper focused soundstage.

Sadly, its library, indexing n cover art presentation is practically absent, as is track title search. But that is to be expected, since this program is created for a completely different application ( mastering).

Anyone also tried / compared with Adobe Audition ? I will probably try that over the weekend.
Thanks for reporting back. I landed on Steinberg after trying Adobe Audition. To my ears, both sounded same however; while WaveLab is available for one-time payment, Adobe Audition is on monthly subscription. So, money-wise Steinberg made sense to me.

Also, just in case I missed mentioning earlier, these sound clearly better than Audirvana too.

I have experienced most of audio editing software or DAWs sounds beautiful when used PC analog out than media players. Even audacity which is free does good job.Only issue is we can't make playlists.

A big chunk of sonic benefits come from pre loading the whole content to RAM, so we remove noise from SSD/HDD access sequences. I would assume most DAWs work on content in RAM (maybe a snapshot added to the paging in Hard drive every now and then).

Thanks for reporting back. I landed on Steinberg after trying Adobe Audition. To my ears, both sounded same however; while WaveLab is available for one-time payment, Adobe Audition is on monthly subscription. So, money-wise Steinberg made sense to me.

Also, just in case I missed mentioning earlier, these sound clearly better than Audirvana too.
Audirvana just recently got an update where they added support for kernel streaming! Done well, it should sound fantastic. (The earlier version imo sounded quite similar to musicbee)

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back