Welcome to this new member of Philips HTS4750 family

10,000 BC,Harry Potter and order of Phonex, Iron Man(Thumb Drive)

Harry should have some nice surround effects. Try also this, during watching the DVD, press the Display button in remote, navigate to AUdio press enter, it will list the audio streams, select 5.1 english.

This will ensure your HTiB is in Dolby

Hello PSJ,

When my Player too came it sounded fine to start with.
But once the Philips Demo person came he changed the settings (kept most of it at max values - Delay and volume) and then the entire sound stage went for a toss.

I did consult Ram for the settings there after who adviced me the same, which is to set the speakers to 0 and then fine tune. Now the system sounds really good.

Also I do agree that the system sounds really good for Movies than Music.
However, I have found that in night times, under low volumes (when it is all quite), the music expereince is also really good.

I have played DVDs such as Pirates of the Carribian, Die Hard Series, Troy, Harry Potter series which all sound great. All of these are original DVDs.
Also Hindi Movies DVDs such as Roadside Romeo, Thoda Pyar Thoda Magic were a treat.

I also have played the Demo THX DTS DVD (just to show off my system to all my friends who drop in), which provides wonderful effects. It has specifically some items which tests surround effects to the core, which leaves a lasting impact on all the people who have heard it till date.

I am sure with a little bit of patience (I say this as it took me more than a week to arrive at a configuration which sounded good in my living room) and some fine tuning of the configuration, you will be able to enjoy your system too.

Cheers

Hello PSJ,

I also have played the Demo THX DTS DVD (just to show off my system to all my friends who drop in), which provides wonderful effects. It has specifically some items which tests surround effects to the core, which leaves a lasting impact on all the people who have heard it till date.

Thanks for the comforting words. iam sure.it would be fine in the coming days. Where do i get to buy the Demo THX DTS DVD from?

Hello PSJ,

Also I do agree that the system sounds really good for Movies than Music.
However, I have found that in night times, under low volumes (when it is all quite), the music expereince is also really good.

Cheers

agreed on this..in night times the music sounds so good, I always listen at every night..

Help needed in connecting External USB HDD

Hi,
Can somebody help me in connecting my external hard drive to USB. The palyer doesn't recognise the device.It is formatted with FAT32 file system.

Harry should have some nice surround effects. Try also this, during watching the DVD, press the Display button in remote, navigate to AUdio press enter, it will list the audio streams, select 5.1 english.

This will ensure your HTiB is in Dolby

Thanks Ram for all your advice,Now the system is almost perfect.The surround effect is amazing.One more query i have if you could help me with.I have played a couple of DVD's and after almost half the movie the sound starts coming out in a wave kind output making hearing quite disturbing.This seems like the only glitch that stops me from enjoying a movie to the fullest.

Thanks Ram for all your advice,Now the system is almost perfect.The surround effect is amazing.One more query i have if you could help me with.I have played a couple of DVD's and after almost half the movie the sound starts coming out in a wave kind output making hearing quite disturbing.This seems like the only glitch that stops me from enjoying a movie to the fullest.

Great! glad you are able to enjoy.

Can you describe the problem little better pls?

Can you describe the problem little better pls?

The sound starts to oscillate from a high to a low level.sounds like there is some thumping sound in between(not sure how to describe that noise)There is no problem with the picture its only the sound wich gets distorted.

The sound starts to oscillate from a high to a low level.sounds like there is some thumping sound in between(not sure how to describe that noise)There is no problem with the picture its only the sound wich gets distorted.

hmmm, still not able to understand. Does this happen in all DVDs or only particular DVDs?

Are the wires fine? Did u cut any wires?

hmmm, still not able to understand. Does this happen in all DVDs or only particular DVDs?

Are the wires fine? Did u cut any wires?

Wires are all fine.I played two DVD's (New One's) and noticed the sounds in them.shall play some more and ses if it happens in all of them.

Wires are all fine.I played two DVD's (New One's) and noticed the sounds in them.shall play some more and ses if it happens in all of them.

Hi Ram,This problem is there in all the DVD's i have played this far,towards the second half of the DVD the sound starts to distort.
I also have a strange problem with movies played through a USB stick.If the movie is large(above 1 GB) the movie stops after around 1.5 hrs and then iam unable to view the rest of the movie.It is able to foward untill the end of the movie but anytime i press the play button it stops and goes back to the USB menu.I have lodged a complaint with Philips Service,hope they solve it.:sad:
Have you come across any such problem?.

Hi Ram,This problem is there in all the DVD's i have played this far,towards the second half of the DVD the sound starts to distort.
I also have a strange problem with movies played through a USB stick.If the movie is large(above 1 GB) the movie stops after around 1.5 hrs and then iam unable to view the rest of the movie.It is able to foward untill the end of the movie but anytime i press the play button it stops and goes back to the USB menu.I have lodged a complaint with Philips Service,hope they solve it.:sad:
Have you come across any such problem?.

Did u check in the manual if they have a size limit?

The mechanic from Philips came home today to check on the sound issue and he said that the capacitors have got spolit and that they need to be replaced.He would be changing them on Monday.Hope that solves the sound issue.

First of all thanks to madbullram for advising this sys here, or else I would have never thought of it in first place.
Well I liked the sys performance & bought it around a month back as it sounded better as compared to my first choice sony.
But since the time I have recd it, I am not very happy with its performance as compared to my neighbour sony sys, so require some advice from u all to fine tune the sys & get a better performance.
To begin with I have done the settings as advised by ram, but I feel the sound is not getting split when I use the multichannel surr option as it seems the rear speakers are not working.
Also downloaded the upgraded software but the CD runs and STOP comes in the display after which there is no further option, don't know the way ahead.
Pl help, thanks in advance.

1. Have you connected all the wires? Is the rear speaker not working now or not working from begining?

2. since its just one month old, did u try calling philips service?

3. What have set the time delay for rear speakers?

4. Do you notice this problem from the day you bought or is it new?

5. also what happens when u play DVD in Multi channel?

Last edited:
Hi Ram,

Thanks for the reply.
All speakers are connected, infact in Dolby surr the effects are good when I play a DVD, but the multich mode I felt that the same sound should be distr to all ch to get a effect which is not happenning.
The service pers came initially but was not of much help & thus I had carried out the settings as advised by u in this forum i.e +2 for all speakers, sub 0 & delay to 0.
Moreover I am more interested in listening to music or tuner, thus looking for a multich effect.
There is sound in rear speakers only sometimes when I play a DVD in mutich mode.

Last edited:
1. I am still not clear on what source you are using for multichannel? Are you saying DVD when used in Multichannel is not giving the surround effect or music CD when played in Multi channel mode is not using rear speaker?

2. The settings I mentioned are not standard, you need to try increasing and decreasing the value and see which you are comfortable, the settings I gave was for my house stup, you room will need somethign else

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back