Welcome to this new member of Philips HTS4750 family

Hi Rk,

Can you also give the details about distance of front/rear speakers from the seating position?

And also have you checked the night mode? IF its off then try to turn it on and see if there is any difference.

Enjoy!
Sid.

sid_lochan;110961 IF its off then try to turn it on and see if there is any difference. Enjoy! Sid.[/QUOTE said:
It should be opposite, if Night Mode is on, it should me switched off. And this is applicable only for DVDs not if he is using music CDs.

How to set delay?

1. The optimum listening level is when u sit in the middle and all speakers placed at equal distance. That means, assume, your center and front are at 5 ft distance then you rear should be 5 ft away from you. This way you get a balanced side.

Delay is set when this equal placement is not there.

1 ms delay = 1 ft distance

Example - for delay:
Assume you center and fronts are at 5 feet, but you rear is at 2 ft behind you. Now you need to set a delay of 3 ms in your rear speaker. What it means is, your rear speaker will give the sound with a delay of 3 ms which is equivalent of 3 feet.

This will ensure you hear the sound from fronts and rear at the same time. if you didnt set the delay, then you will hear the rear sound before you hear the front!

example for volume level:

By default, volume level should be 0 for all. One can increase the volume for spatial alignment. For example, from you sitting position, the rear left and rear right should be at equal distance from your head. That is left rear is at 2 ft from your left ear, your right rear should also be at 2ft from your right ear.

If left say, left rear is at 2 ft and right rear is at 3 ft, then what you do is increase the volume of right rear by 1 or 2 so that it balances, else you will hear more sound from left rear as its closer.

Both DVD, music CD or the Tuner are not using rear speakers when played in multi channel mode.

I have already modified the settings for my room as far as the volumes of each speaker is concerned.

The rear speakers works fine when in Dolby mode using 5.1 CD but the surround effect is missing in multich mode.

Both DVD, music CD or the Tuner are not using rear speakers when played in multi channel mode.

I have already modified the settings for my room as far as the volumes of each speaker is concerned.

The rear speakers works fine when in Dolby mode using 5.1 CD but the surround effect is missing in multich mode.

thats very strange, multichannel will not be as good as DVD Dolby but you shoudl hear from the speakers when you are using audio cd on multi channel. I would call Philips to check this.

also, i never listened to music in multi channel in my HT as I dont like it. So I can comment only when i get back to india and play my system, or ask other users to try in their house and giove fbk

I tried both DVD, Tuner & CD in multi-channel mode, getting sound from all speakers.

I think your unit is faulty (multichannel mode not working) , please call philips support and if possible get it replaced.

Enjoy!
Sid

Problem playing only with DVDs in HTS4750

Hi fellas, I am having problem with my HTS 4750. Dvds are not playing on it. I am able to play Acd and USB. I am getting the error NO DISC. Any workaround?

My model version is 23 , so is this better to upgrade to 25 ?

Please suggest something, you can also email me at [email protected]

Thanks in advance

Last edited:
Hi,

Plz. try to clean the lense with a lense cleaner CD only.

yes you should also upgrade the firmware with Version-25.

Enjoy!
Sid

Hi,
Is it possible to use the 5 speakers(without Sub woofer) of this system with other AV Receivers

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back