Western Classical Music

Switch the fan off 😂. Get a remote for it too 😂. Or a very quiet AC.

On a serious note, there are a lot of music that is stretched in its dynamic range and you just have to make your environment conducive to enjoying it.
The room is in a setting that the compressor can only be placed above the window and it will only increase the noise. Looking for alternatives plans. :)

The composers wrote down parts for a secondary ensemble “off stage” for concert hall setting. Off stage could be from the balconies, side aisles, the back row, whatever else the concert hall facilitates. So surround sound is not the invention of the 80’s or 90’s 😉.
Coool. Pipe organ can be an example?

Coool. Pipe organ can be an example?
Concert hall pipe organ is a static instrument with pipes in the front and sides and sometimes around the walls of the concert hall.

Broadwalk organ 33+ thousand pipes. Has to be all over the place.

Elbphilharmonie organ pipes are all round the concert hall.

We were speaking of musicians with their instruments playing away from the main orchestra. Many conductors do an arrangement like that and some don't even if its notated by the composer.

Concert hall pipe organ is a static instrument with pipes in the front and sides and sometimes around the walls of the concert hall.

Broadwalk organ 33+ thousand pipes. Has to be all over the place.

Elbphilharmonie organ pipes are all round the concert hall.

We were speaking of musicians with their instruments playing away from the main orchestra. Many conductors do an arrangement like that and some don't even if its notated by the composer.
Got it. 33+ thousand pipes are insane. 👍 Wish I can hear them atleast once in my lifetime.

Got it. 33+ thousand pipes are insane. 👍 Wish I can hear them atleast once in my lifetime.
If not the broadwalk, when you go abroad go to a cathedral or a church you will find the magic is there too. The high dome/ceiling and stone construction is a different experience even though the organ may not have so many pipes but it should have a couple of thousand ☺️

If not the broadwalk, when you go abroad go to a cathedral or a church you will find the magic is there too. The high dome/ceiling and stone construction is a different experience even though the organ may not have so many pipes but it should have a couple of thousand ☺️
Sure manek. If I go abroad, I will try. :)

Hi,

just found this wonderful conductor master class video with Paavo Jarvi and the Zurich Tonhalle orchestra…fascinating insight into the conducto’s art…

Hi,

just found this wonderful conductor master class video with Paavo Jarvi and the Zurich Tonhalle orchestra…fascinating insight into the conducto’s art…

He is one of my favourites…..this man to me is one of the few complete conductors.

Switch the fan off 😂. Get a remote for it too 😂. Or a very quiet AC.

On a serious note, there are a lot of music that is stretched in its dynamic range and you just have to make your environment conducive to enjoying it.
Ravel's Bolero really "stretches" it.
A friend once told me that you should never adjust the volume for Bolero after starting at a volume where you can hear the opening notes clearly.

A friend once told me that you should never adjust the volume for Bolero after starting at a volume where you can hear the opening notes clearly.
Also, Bolero makes repetition legitimate. When I first heard it, I was at a lost as to what was the musical merit of repeating almost the same riff over and over again. It was only much later that I learned to appreciate that it is a masterclass in gradually building up to an explosive crescendo climax.

Ha ha! I should have taken your advice!

I just cued up Bolero by LSO and went to have my dinner. Turned up the volume at the beginning ...
By the time I was finishing my meal the sound was close to ear bleeding levels at the 12:00 min mark!

Thanks for the recommendation. Enjoyed listening to it after a long time.

Bolero is in a class by itself. Its like the one note samba of bossa nova.

Correct start at when you can barely hear the begining and then just sit in the middle of the speakers. You will get hooked.

No sense playing this piece as background music.

Also, Bolero makes repetition legitimate. When I first heard it, I was at a lost as to what was the musical merit of repeating almost the same riff over and over again. It was only much later that I learned to appreciate that it is a masterclass in gradually building up to an explosive crescendo climax.

Many still dont get it 😂

Listening to this gem of a beethoven piano concerto cycle, ashkenazy, zubin mehta, vienna philharmonic. I haven't heard/read people speaking much about it but I love it.

What a piece of music. Wow. I had to turn up the volume to 100% initially. The dynamic range is huge. Thanks for recommending.

How about John Cage 4 33 ? One can increase volume as much as one likes between movements. In fact one can start it...listen to bollywood song for a minute and come back to 4 33 again.

This ones a beauty Carlos K with the Bavarian state orchestra(live) Beethoven symphony 4. I like it better than his concertgebouw version.

Grieg piano concerto - Buchbinder + Mehta + Vienna Phil - Live. There is something about a live recording that is so 🤪

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back