Wharfedale 220 or 210 - Which one to buy

Possibly better .....you may get a good price...no harm checking with them...provided you made up your mind on the amp

If Norge has dealer in your city, then the company may not sell directly.
They have it in chennai . I thought we may get best price ,if we purchase from them directly.

IMO, Hifimart price is very competitive when you compare to your local dealers.

Yes the prices are competitive but always before any purchase, do your home work to check with various dealers and best prices......there are many now in the HT and AV business and so lots of competition out there and most have sales target to achieve and hence will offer also best rock bottom closest rates......

They have it in chennai . I thought we may get best price ,if we purchase from them directly.

IMO, Hifimart price is very competitive when you compare to your local dealers.
If the company offers at a lower price than the dealer, it is highly unethical, unless ofcourse they route it through the dealer.
As far as I remember, Vipul is the dealer in Chennai for Norge products.

the advantage of going through the dealer is that you can get an audition befote buying. Carry your speakers and DAC if you can

Yes the prices are competitive but always before any purchase, do your home work to check with various dealers and best prices......there are many now in the HT and AV business and so lots of competition out there and most have sales target to achieve and hence will offer also best rock bottom closest rates......

Yes checking online AV prices in portals are easier than getting information from dealers across city. In my personal experience, AV dealers are bit expensive than Online AV portals.

Since you are in Chennai and have an eye on Norge, I suggest you listen once before buying, irrespective of where you buy from

Audition is important......Some AV portals online do not offer proper warranty....example....If you purchase Yamaha or Onkyo products from Amazon....warranty is not valid. Anyone can mention that official warranty is available. The information can be pulled out in minutes to avoid confrontation or disputes....the best is to check with the manufacturer if the dealer is part of their official listing,.....it is painful but needs to be done.

There is optional remote for some of the Norge amps. I don't know how it is now but earlier it used to be only for volume control.
Best to check with Norge.

@kvandhi

Depending on your budget, you can look at this amp..since you want remote capabilities.

http://www.profx.com/detailpage?bra...=7&Id_detail=423&aclass=2&menu=1&calledFrom=0

If you have more budget, you can look at the higher models....heard these stereo amps are quite good...Check the Yamaha Owners Thread for reviews if any....
Thanks. I have received recommendations of Marantz 5005 and yamaha RS202 from one of the dealers. It seems Yamaha has more power 100W ,where as Marantz is 40W. But the price is similar.

My brother had the PM 6005 and was using the same on Dali Z3 speakers and found it a bit under powered.

If you can audition with the similar spec diff brand of speakers then you can take a call.....you are also getting some more features too

I have received recommendations of Marantz 5005 and yamaha RS202 from one of the dealers. It seems Yamaha has more power 100W ,where as Marantz is 40W. But the price is similar.

I believe you were considering Taga Hybrid tube amplifier.. Which i think is a more exclusive stereo device than the standard stereo amplifier route.. The Taga has USB input which can play most digital audio files..

So, a bonus over the Norge / Marantz..

I believe you were considering Taga Hybrid tube amplifier.. Which i think is a more exclusive stereo device than the standard stereo amplifier route.. The Taga has USB input which can play most digital audio files.. So, a bonus than the Norge / Marantz..
Yes . Initially i thought of Taga HTA-25B Hybrid tube amp, There is some confusion in matching speakers for this amp .
Need more Sensitive speakers to match the amp , because the power of the amp is 18W. I am not sure whether this amp will gel with Wharfedale Diamond 210.

So i thought of change the amplifier selection to Norge/Marantz. Moreover i am not interested with BT/USB input / Remote. Just a plain amplifier is enough for me.

I believe you were considering Taga Hybrid tube amplifier.. Which i think is a more exclusive stereo device than the standard stereo amplifier route.. The Taga has USB input which can play most digital audio files..

So, a bonus over the Norge / Marantz..
Norge has FM/BT/USB versions of their 1515, 2030 and 2060 amps with remote only for these functions.

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back